InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ New Life ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Year: 1535
Month: February

The eyes glittered maliciously as they watched the odd group that surrounded the one, they were sent to watch over. Evil glittered darkly in the many eyes. The hanyou had carried the woman back to their campsite. Foolish creature. Laughter, dark and menacing, echoed in the eyes. There were more than a pair though. They surrounded the group, watching and waiting. They knew they were not to harm the woman until the one known as Naraku was defeated.

Disgust seeped into the eyes. It was completely simultaneous. Even though it appeared as though they were many, it was also as if they were one. The foolish half breed spider had thought to rise above the kami. Above the fallen ones. A foolish mortal indeed.

The eyes shifted and focused on the woman. She had defied the Fallen. Deep within, the eyes could almost see something stirring within the girl, a change that was happening within her. Malicious darkness grew once more in the eyes and they flashed black. Stupid human. The fallen had demanded from her conception that this human was to be favored by them. She was to bring about the end of the reign of all things good.

Then their enemy had stepped in and changed things. Their enemy had touched her soul before they could reach it and enhanced the purity of it so that they were unable to taint her. It didn't mean that the fallen didn't try. They had sealed another woman's soul to her own, to make her the semblance of a reincarnation. And yet once again, their enemy had defied that. Placing yet another soul that had been close to his glory within the girl to ease the suffering.

Anger burned within those eyes and yet after moments, they faded to cool calculation. They were here for a purpose. Upon the defeat of the spider half breed, they would reveal themselves to take her back to be dealt with. Their arrival this early was to ensure that none of their enemy's creatures stepped in to take the woman from them. The fallen had decreed that she would be dealt with. They would harvest any seeds from the woman to keep their plans in motion. They had no doubt the next time, they would succeed. The girl had a brother after all. The fallen had spent millennia's, creating the Higaurashi bloodline, placing only the strongest and greatest together to create the child she was to have born.

Curiosity entered, watching the Inu half breed care for the human. Despicable. The half breed was a tragedy to the races he inhibited. The human half did not wish to use the woman in her state of weakness. Most humans usually found it a thrill to use and manipulate. They had heard of this hanyou and indeed the human half had manipulated the girl in the year's past. What had changed on the human side?

Then there was the youkai within. The beast should have been creating chaos. To have a woman unconscious and helpless before them usually elicited the need to claim and devour. A meal. Although it usually helped if the woman was running. It usually elicited the thrill of the chase as the hanyou was an Inu. A disgrace.

Even the fox was a disgrace, as well as the fire neko. They were full youkai and yet they hovered about the human in concern and worry. Although the fox had merely inspected her and gone off to sit against a tree. The others thought it to be in mourning. That hadn't lasted long though and the fox had curled up in his true form around her body. Already the other human female had cried herself to sleep. The other priestess was still attempting to console the hanyou. The monk and fire cat were with the exhausted human female. Foolish mortals.

When the female had died in the ocean, the fallen had been erratic. They had no way to return the woman's soul to her. Then the soul of the priestess Midoriko had come forth. They themselves had ensured Midoriko's sealing to the jewel, a fate they found fitting to go against the fallen. They had found a mocking humor in the fate of their tool. The human would become the jewel. She would have a longer life span but not that much longer.

Once she died in the end, the fate would be handed down to her children and would seal the fate of the world. They had willingly tied Midoriko's soul to the girl. Once again, the girl became a false reincarnation. To top it off, she housed the evil within the jewel itself so it would make her more likely to succumb to their wishes. Then the foolish ancient priestess had urged the human to eat of mermaid flesh whilst the fallen were far too prideful of their own success. The girl had eaten of the flesh before it could be noticed, and it was too late.

The eyes became relaxed, inspecting the woman. A sneer appeared within them. It was disgusting. It was also degrading that they were relegated to guard duty over a pitiful excuse for a human. The eyes narrowed. So far, the eyes had remained black although hints of silver had seeped through every now and then. The eyes suddenly turned to face the darkness outside of their camp. Something was headed in this direction. The eyes closed. No longer visible, they snuck away.

After a few moments, they returned to the clearing. This time, four more had arrived. The Inu Hanyou was staring up at the Inu youkai with desperation and anger. The elder Inu was ignoring the hanyou, staring at the body of the broken human. The human child that clung to his leg was whimpering. The toad youkai was silently cowering while the dragon had simply stopped at the edge, its eyes half closed.

The fox rose suddenly as the Inu youkai reached for a weapon at his hip. They said nothing but the fox shook his head with respect and then settled back. A sneer formed within the eyes. Silly fox. It had ruined their fun. A pouting look formed. The sun was already beginning to rise at this point, so the eyes closed and suddenly they were no longer there. Sunlight was not a welcome environment.

Besides, the fallen could watch over her during the daylight. Besides, they would ensure that the final battle would take place within the year. Once they discovered the hanyou's weak night, they would inform the half breed Naraku on the best time to attack. Then the battle would ensue, and the creature would be destroyed. The foolish spider knew nothing of the woman's true power. No doubt, the spider would take the woman, no doubt killing her to injure the rest of her pack. When he least expected it, the woman would awaken and kill him. It was a pleasant enough idea for how the battle would take place. They just had to ensure it happened that way.