InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Nice Guy ❯ Date Under the New Moon ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nice Guy
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I don't own Houjo. If I did, I'd have a hell of a lot more cash.
 
AN: School is out and I am psyched. I'm finally free from Chemistry! I just wanna sing I'm free at last, free at last, THANK GOD ALL MIGHTY I'M FREE AT LAST!!! I burned my chemistry notebook in the grill believe it or not, only the pages, of course. Oh, well, I'm so happy I'm writing chapter six before I originally planned to.
 
 
~*~Date Under the New Moon~*~
 
 
It was almost time for the sun to go down. Tonight was the night. His time of the month and for once he didn't have Kagome with him. How was he supposed to make it through this?
 
Ugh. She'd been gone too long as it were. It was now two whole weeks he'd had to deal with without her. Kouga wasn't anywhere around and that one time he did show up, he took off as soon as they told him Kagome was gone.
 
That irked him to no end. Not even a “mutt” insult. `I guess without Kagome to sit me, he doesn't wanna risk getting his ass kicked.' He thought to himself.
 
God, he missed her. But what could he do? He could go to her time… They were close enough to it… Would she get mad? Would she sit him?
 
What did he care? She's sat him a million times before and he lived through it. He needed to see her. He didn't know why he did but he needed to. Never had he been away from her this long and it was killing him.
 
It was decided. He was going.
 
 
FLASH
 
 
Two weeks. Two whole weeks without Inuyasha. Two weeks of no yelling, insulting, or anything mean and Inuyasha-like.
 
God, did she miss him or what? She almost felt like jumping down that well and hug him and never let him go. Man, she's never been away from him this long.
 
She also never spent so much time with Houjo either… Part of her was still nagging at her that something was wrong with him. Kagome just ignored it. So Houjo was acting a little different.
 
She kind of liked it. He wasn't acting as air-headed and oblivious to the world as he usually did and that, in her book, constituted as a good thing. Less annoying, that was for sure.
 
He'd been taking her out on one date after another and, to tell the truth, she rather enjoyed them. He'd been acting more forceful and, granted, a bit bossy but no one's perfect.
 
Forceful and bossy… Sounded like a certain half-breed to her.
 
Maybe that was why she liked it. Damn, if that wasn't proof of how much she missed him she didn't know what was.
 
Her thoughts were interrupted when the half-breed of her dreams climbed through her window. “Inuyasha?! What are you doing here? We agreed on a month, it's only been two weeks!” she practically yelled at him. `Ok, so I missed him but that doesn't mean he can break our deal!' she rationalized.
 
“Look, I'm not here to take you back. Tonight is the new moon and I didn't feel like hanging out with those morons. You know Miroku's gonna be hitting on Sango, then Sango's gonna be hitting Miroku, and Shippo is gonna be annoying as all hell and I don't wanna deal with all that.” He told her. `Not bad for a lie off the top of my head. No stuttering or anything.' He breathed in deeply. Oh man was it good to smell her delicious scent again.
 
Kagome blinked. “Oh, well, I understand that… I guess.”
 
“So you don't mind me staying.” Not so much of question than a statement. Of course, she'd let him stay. She never really denied him anything and he knew it.
 
“Of course, you can stay. I'll just go downstairs and tell my mom.”
 
When she went downstairs he sat on her bed and looked out the window. The sun was almost completely down now. Kagome came back upstairs. “Mom said it was fine with her. You'll sleep in Souta's room; he's psyched about it.”
 
Inuyasha nodded his head. He'd rather sleep in there with Kagome but he wasn't about to say that aloud.
 
He didn't notice that the sun went down and he was human until Kagome said, “Hey, why don't we go out?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“C'mon, it'll be fun. Just the two of us we'll catch a movie, walk in the park, please, it'll be great.” `Oh, my god! When did I get so bold! I practically asked Inuyasha out on a date!'
 
Inuyasha blinked. (There's a lot of blinking going on, eh?) Spending time alone with Kagome? That actually sounded pretty good to him. “Ok.”
 
“Yeah?” she asked wide eyed.
 
“Don't you understand Japanese?”
 
“Yea but I didn't think you'd want to…”
 
“Well, I do so let's go.”
 
She smiled and nodded her head. Yep, forceful and bossy, that was her Inuyasha.
 
They went to see Hero. She figured Inuyasha would like it with all its fighting and action scenes. She thought the scene with the arrows was awesome.
 
Naturally, he loved it and couldn't wait to try out some of those moves on Naraku. They looked like they'd really hurt. And that popcorn stuff was delicious, not as good as Ramen, but good nonetheless. Nothing could as good as Ramen… Except maybe Kagome, she'd probably taste better.
 
His eyes widened, `No thinking like that! No nasty Miroku thoughts about Kagome, you idiot! She'd sit you all the way to Hell if she knew you were thinking like that about her!' he scolded himself.
 
Next was the park.
 
A few people stared at Inuyasha's outfit and Kagome was quick to say that he was heavily into theatre and he just came from a dress rehearsal. They would nod and leave them alone.
 
His heart sped up when she unconsciously grabbed his hand. It felt good walking hand in hand with her in the park. It was definitely something he wouldn't mind doing again.
 
She couldn't believe it. It was like a dream come true. She was walking in the park, holding hands with the secret love of her life. Nothing could be more perfect.
 
With both of them being so consumed in their thoughts of one another… Neither noticed the young man in the shadows, following them.
 
~*~There it is. I actually started this a few days ago but then my dad took away my computer so he could do this one guy's taxes. The man had five freaking years worth of taxes! Anyway, please review.~*~