InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Nice Guy ❯ The Truth Is Out ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nice Guy
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I don't own Houjo. If I did, I'd have a hell of a lot more cash.
 
AN: I got my hair cut and layered and it looks muy, muy bonita! That doesn't really pertain to Nice Guy but I'm so psyched about my new look! -^_^- Here's chapter eight.
 
 
~*~The Truth Is Out~*~
 
 
“What the fuck does infidelity mean?!” Inuyasha asked outraged when Kagome read the note aloud. He especially didn't like the, my love, part. “It means when a lover is being unfaithful to their lover...” Kagome told him.
 
“But who would do something like this?” her mother asked. “I don't know… I didn't even know anyone except Inuyasha could get in here without anyone knowing.”
 
“I know who it is.” Souta stated as he and Grandpa came in; they heard the entire conversation. “You do?” Kagome asked bewildered.
 
“Duh, seriously, Sis, I thought you were smarter than this. Who's been, pretty much, obsessed with you since who knows when? Who's always bugging you for a date? Who thinks he's your boyfriend? Come on! You know who it is. It's obvious.”
 
Houjo…” Kagome realized. “It can't be though… He's just too nice to do something like this. He borders on dense.”
 
“No, right now, you border on dense.” Souta pointed out. “You just want to believe he's too nice for this. Let's face it; he's been less than polite to you. He's been ordering you around and you don't even notice it.”
 
“There must be another explanation. I can't believe that it could be Houjo…” Kagome trailed off. The truth was she did notice it. It was just too hard to believe that nice, sweet Houjo could be stalking her.
 
“All those signs and I just ignored them. I ignored my natural instincts to stay away. I just wanted a nice guy. I wanted a normal guy. I wanted a guy who wouldn't break my heart… I guess I thought Houjo could be that guy if I gave him the chance.” She muttered mostly to herself but everyone heard just the same.
 
Inuyasha was fuming. He knew Kagome would get into some kind of fucking trouble if she was left without his protection.
 
And what the fuck did she mean by she wanted a normal guy? Did she mean she didn't want someone like him? Of course she didn't. He was mean and rude and short tempered.
 
“Feh, you are too trusting. I knew I shouldn't have let you stay for so long, you can't take care of yourself.”
 
“Sit, Boy!” Kagome commanded angrily. “For your information, he had a lot more people than me fooled.”
 
“I must admit I thought he was a nice boy.” Mrs. Higurashi said. “As did I.” Grandpa admitted.
 
“We should call the police.” Mrs. Higurashi said. “We can't. It's not like we can prove it's him.” Kagome told her.
 
“We can still have them investigate.”
 
“I guess…”
 
“Who are the police?” Inuyasha asked, confused. “They're people who enforce our laws. They catch the bad guys.”
 
“Well, you don't need them. I can still smell him in here; I'll track his scent and take care of him.”
 
“You can't do that, Inuyasha. It's not like the Feudal Era; these things can't be settled with violence. Just leave it to the police.”
 
Inuyasha merely grunted and sat down on her bed as Kagome and her family went downstairs to call the police.
 
 
~*~There we go, the truth is known. But can they prove Houjo's the one? Anyways, hope you like it. Please review.~*~