InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Nice Guy ❯ It's My Fight ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nice Guy
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and I don't own Houjo. If I did, I'd have a hell of a lot more cash.
 
AN: OMG! 42 reviews! I'm so happy! I never got so many before, thank all of you. Here's your ninth chapter!
 
~*~It's My Fight~*~
 
 
The police came and Inuyasha had to hide. God, he hated hiding. It was stupid. Kagome said that they wouldn't understand him.
 
He knew that. These people live nice, naïve lives believing there's no such things as demons lurking in the shadows waiting to rip out their living, beating hearts. They believe all demons and monsters were just myths.
 
Well, ok, in all truth they didn't exist in Kagome's time. It didn't matter. None of those people mattered. Only Kagome mattered. And she was in danger.
 
That's what made him really mad. Not just the fact that she was in danger but because she was in danger and she was relying on these police people. She should know that she was to rely on him. Only he could protect her.
 
Besides the stupid policemen took about half the day getting there; how competent could they be?
 
He pouted as he remained hidden in the tree outside her window.
 
 
FLASH
 
 
“And how long have you been dating?” Officer Sensui asked. “Not very long… Two weeks at the most.” Kagome answered his question.
 
“And he's been acting strangely. How so?”
 
 
“He started ordering me around mostly.”
 
 
“You realize that's not much to go on.”
 
 
“I'm telling you it has to be Houjo! It couldn't possibly be anybody else. No one else is that interested in me. Who else would consider me hanging out with a guy cheating on him other than the guy I've been dating?”
 
 
“Now, Ms. Higurashi, you never know in these cases. I have no doubt we're dealing with a stalker situation but all the evidence we have is circumstantial and that isn't enough to go on in the courts. Whoever is stalking you… Well, he isn't stupid. He left no prints to speak of and except for the roses and the note, there's no sign of anyone other than you and your family in your room.”
 
 
“So there isn't anything you can do?” her mother asked. “Well, in cases like this we normally have one of our policemen patrol around the vicinity to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. I'll also go and have a talk with this Houjo fellow and see if I can't get any answers with him. Until then, I advise you to go on with your lives but be careful. It'd be best if your daughter didn't walk around alone.”
 
“Thank you, Officer.”
 
 
“No problem, I'll call you if anything comes up.”
 
 
FLASH
 
 
Once Officer Sensui and his partner left Inuyasha went into Kagome's room and sat on her bed. By the time they left it was already night. At least her room was finally cleared from those damn roses.
 
He heard footsteps and his nose told him that it was Kagome. She opened her door. “Well?” he asked her expectantly.
 
She looked at him with tired eyes filled with unshed tears. She already decided she wasn't going to cry her frightened little heart out. For once, she was going to be strong. “They'll get back to us. There isn't enough physical evidence to be sure though.”
 
 
He didn't like the sound of that. He though police were supposed to help; it sounded to him like they were little more useful than Myoga. They couldn't protect his Kagome.
 
“Feh. I could track him down easy. If you want these police people to help so bad just let me tell you where he is and you can tell them.”
 
“And how am I supposed to explain how I have this information? Tell them my friend who's half dog sniffed it out?”
 
“Dog demon.” Inuyasha corrected, clearly offended by her remark. Kagome picked up on that fact quickly. “I'm sorry, Inuyasha. I'm just a little freaked and stressed and I'm tired…”
 
 
“Just let me handle this. No one will know it was me, I promise.”
 
 
She smiled at him, “I know you just want to protect me, but I can't let you this time.”
 
He scowled. “Why not? Because you're afraid some one might find out you hang out with a half breed demon?”
 
“It's not that. Well, it's not only that, I mean, I'm not ashamed or anything, I just don't how people would react. Actually, I do and that's what scares me, they'll wanna do experiments on you and other stuff like that.”
 
“They won't catch me.”
 
 
“But the big reason is that this isn't your fight, Inuyasha. This isn't a demon out for my blood in the Feudal Era. This is my time with a normal human problem. It's my problem and I have to deal with it in the ways of my time.” She sighed, “Besides, we both know you won't be here to protect me forever. After Naraku is defeated and the jewel is complete again, I'll have to come back home and you'll stay in your world. I have to learn to stop being so dependent on you.”
 
With that being said, she gestured for him to move. “I'm tired so I'm going to sleep, alright?”
 
He nodded, “Goodnight, Kagome.”
 
She yawned, “Night, Inuyasha.”
 
 
She fell asleep quickly and Inuyasha watched her sleep. She was so beautiful… She was right; their time together was coming to an end. Once the jewel was put back together and Naraku was dead, she'd come back to her world and he'd have to stay in his.
 
But… He wanted her to depend on him. Like a woman should depend on her mate… He could never tell her that, though.
 
It was breaking his heart that she wanted to do this without his help. But he'd let her have it her way. He was losing her and he knew it, he was losing her to time and he didn't know how much longer they'd be together.
 
He let himself lie beside her on her bed as he pulled her body close to his as he spooned her. He knew that if she woke up and saw him she'd sit him to death… Literally.
 
`I'll just stay awake then. And when she starts to wake up I'll move.' He told himself.
 
After a few minutes of inhaling her calming scent and listening to her soothing heartbeat, Inuyasha fell fast asleep.
 
 
~*~There we go. Chappie nine in the house brought to you by Cat herself. I'm not sure how Law Enforcement works in Japan so I just took what I knew about it in America and used it. Please review!~*~