InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Nobody said this would be easy ❯ Skipping is the least of my worries ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Kagome laid down on her bed crying her eyes out holding her pillow close to her chest. Sitting next to her on the bed was Sango rubbing her back with her own tears streaming down her face doing her best to console her best friend. Their other best friend Miroku stood at the door way looking down sadness etched on his face. Poor kagome was only twelve years old her best friend of all she had been in love with since she could remember back when they were in kindergarden playing in the sand and swinging next to eachother; had moved across the world that morning without her even having the chance to tell him. Inuyasha Taisho.
The past weeks events played in Kagome’s head and made her feel even more depressed.
Kagome walked down the halls of tokoyo intermediant (junior high) she had a big smile etched across her face. She had spent the night on the phone with Sango talking about how she would FINALLY tell Inuyasha how she felt. Inuyasha her best friend since kindergarden. She had wanted to become more than friends, or atleast started to feel more than simple friend feelings for him back during the third grade. She finally had gotten the guts. Kagome played images in her head of her and Inuyasha riding bikes together like they always had but this time with a different atmosphere. The atmosphere of love. Then theyd be in eighth grade next year coming into the grade as couple, everyone would think they were adorable together.
Kagome saw kikyo past by and she made a face at her. Inuyasha had had a thing with kikyo for awhile. She was the upcoming of a slut, everyone knew shed be the most well known slut once highschool came around. Kikyo just glared at her out of the corner of her eye. Kagome rolled her eyes. She wouldn’t let anything get her down, not now. She had confidence in today and the plans she had for it. She saw Inuyasha standing by their classroom looking at the floor leaning against the door frame a perplexed look etched on his face.
Kagome frowed and put a hand on his shoulder. “Inuyasha is something wrong?”
He had sadness in his golden eyes. Kagome would have gotten lost in them any other day but today the look in his eyes sent a bad message to her.
“Kikyo problems?” Kagome said swallowing the lump in her throat. Inuyasha had had “kikyo problems” before that had him bummed out and Inuyasha found that spilling out all of these feelings to Kagome would make him feel better. She helped as much as she could while silently feeling like shit inside.
“Fuck Kikyo” He scoffed pushing his bangs away from his eyes and standing up straight. “Kagome…I have to tell you something, and its not going to be easy.”
Kagome had high hopes he would tell her what she had always wanted to hear but this seemed like bad news.
“I..have to move.” He said looking distant again.
Kagome cocked her head to the side. “Well you don’t live too far from the shrine so that’s a bummer but its not too bad, how much further are you moving? Oh god don’t tell me your moving all the way out there-“
“IM MOVING ACROSS THE FUCKING WORLD!” He yelled interupting her mid setence. She looked shocked and tears pooled in her eyes. Inuyasha aburptly stood back and apologized. “Im sorry Kags, im just really stressed out about this I shouldn’t have yelled.”
“Across..the world?” Tears were now streaming down Kagomes face.
“Im so sorry, my dads business is expanding, there are a lot of business oppurtunities in america that could help his business a lot so now hes decided to move us out there.”
Kagome just shook her head and looked down crying. She had no idea what to say.
Inuyasha grabbed her and held her in a tight hug. The bell rang then and Kagome didn’t let go. Inuyasha pryed her off and grabbed her hand and took off running to the outdoors and they snuck through the football field and sat on the bleachers.
“Skipping isnt good, were being trouble makers.” Inuyasha said trying to lighten the mood a bit.
Kagome sighed with the very slightest smile, more forced than willing and replied. “Skipping is the least of my worries.”
**
Kagome held her pillow tightly hopeing and praying hed come to her front door to tell her that his dad had changed his mind, postponed, anything.
He promised to call as soon as he got to america and got a new phone number.
Inuyasha had not been in school for the rest of the week, and couldn’t come over. He was buissy finishing packing the rest of his things. He hadnt called either. Now it was Friday afternoon, he would be gone by now or in a completley different country starting his new life.
Miroku’s phone vibrated in his pocket and he exscused himself walking down the stairs in Kagomes home and looking at the caller I.D seeing it was Inuyasha he answered.
“Hey” Miroku answered.
“Hows it going?” Inuyasha sounded depressed.
“Not so good…lots of tears.”
There was a long pause and Inuyasha finally answered back. “I just called to say bye…there boarding the plane now so I have to go, miss you guys bye.” And the line went dead.
Miroku looked at his phone with a sad expression. Inuyasha seemed hurt, taking it harder than he would have even imagened.
He looked up the stairs to the bedroom door slightly open. He could hear Kagome sobbing and Sango consoling her. He ran his fingers through his fingers and hoped things would just get better.

Okay I know, kind of short. The first two chapters will be mostly information or getting the story started off. Please rewiew and tell me what you think, if you think this story has any potential. Id really like to know! K thanks :)
-Laura<3