InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Nobody said this would be easy ❯ New life ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Kagome’s alarm clock went off and she grunted undernieth her sheets, pulling out an arm and slapping down the snooze button. Her phone went off then she made a loud sigh/groan mixture of exhaustion and irritation and reached out her arm again to grab the cell phone that was playing one of her favorite bands songs. She sang along to the last few words before answering it.
“Whats so important that you have to interupt my sleep?” Kagome answered although she didn’t even check the caller I.D from being so sleepy she could of easily guessed who it was.
“School, that’s what. Now get your lazy ass up Miroku called and is almost ready and going to come pick us up. If your not ready he’s going to leave you!”
“What the fuck is up with Miroku? He isnt an regular teenager who loves to sleep in late he wakes up like an old person and makes coffee and shit.”
Sango laughed on the other line and repeated hurry up before hanging up.
Kagome pulled off the covers. It was around the fifth week of school, summer was still an easy memory to remember and something everyone at school missed. People were ajusting to it now though. Kagome usually had to ride the bus to school which she hated with as much passion as possible. It was filled with all the kids from school that didn’t shower or were weird and had a tendancy to bother you. With gum stuck under every seat and sharpie marks on everything it was just the furthest from sanitary. Her mother worked in the morning and Sota was freshman this year while Kagome was a junior. Sota hung out with the kids who were older though and had cars, Kagome never wanted to intrude and ask for a ride from them, it didn’t seem right even though they all had huge crushes on Kagome. It had been four years since the incident with Inuyasha but Kagome seemed to have forgotten well. The first two years she never did but it eventually hit her that Inuyasha wasn’t going to come back, or even try to get in touch with her. He had broken a huge promise. He never called. Kagome stayed up so late everynight for atleast six months just hopeing hed call or text, she even checked the mail on a regular basis. She knew Inuyasha would do anything to get a hold of her, he would do it, all she had to do was sit patiently and wait. She felt pathetic for “knowing” because apparently she hadnt known him well enough. He never made any sort of contact again to her, Miroku, or even Sango. Not a thing. Still she kept him in her heart for a little over two years until she slowly eased her way out of it, starting with big changes in her life to leave that childish life behind and to start off new. It had worked well for her for a long time, she couldn’t even really remember what Inuyasha looked like. All the pictures she had of Inuyasha she had saved to her computer and put under a file as “old life” she promised to herself she wouldn’t go looking in that file every chance she got, that she would eventually pry herself away from it. She got buissy at school and with friends though that she never ended up looking in the file as so often as she thought, the memory of Inuyasha had just faded and it didn’t hurt anymore the most she had heard about him over the last four years was that his father got rich from his business and visted Japan a few times, although never brought along Inuyasha or his older brother.
Kagome stood at the bottom of the shrine steps. Her hair long and shiny with beautiful waves. Her light chocolate brown eyes that shimmered in the sun were lined in dark charcol eyeliner. Skinny jeans with a small rip in the left leg, and black flowy tank top and studded belt. Kagome had definantly changed a lot, she even listened to heavy metal now something the old Kagome would have gasped at. She had grown into quite the beautiful girl though.
The black truck pulled up with Miroku in the driver seat, windows down jamming out to a song by underoath. A big smile on his face, Sango looked petrafied in the seat next to him.
“So did you call shotgun?” Kagome laughed opening the other door and sitting in the back.
“NO this is the last place I wanted to be, next to the pervert who decides he wants to touch my ass that’s SITTING DOWN when hes supposed to be driving!” Sango said in frustration.
Kagome just laughed and rolled her eyes. “So Miroku, how you likeing the new car? Beats riding the bus that’s for sure im glad one of us got a car!”
Miroku looked in his rearview mirror. “Fuck the bus! Shit im glad too, im OVERJOYED.”
A few minutes later you could hear Sango’s palm slap Miroku across the face even through the loud screaming music. Kagome just laughed and watched at the humorous two, she loved them both and wouldn’t give them up for the world. Losing Inuyasha was terrible, she wouldn’t lose these two aswell.
**
Kagome sat in class tapping her pen relentlessly against the wooden desk. She hated her journalism class. She took the class hopeing it would be intresting but instead they got a bunk ass teacher who decided reading articles all day and writing down who wrote them would be fun.
Kagome laid her head on the desk and sighed deeply. Miroku sat next o her leaning back with his eyes closed. He then opened his eyes then and walked up to the teachers desk asking for the bathroom pass.
Miroku walked down the halls sliding his hand against the lockers for no reason in particular. And peeped his head inside some classrooms or infront of classroom windows goofing around. When he found Sango’s classroom he made MANY sexual gestures while Sango pretended to throw up. The teacher caught site of her and asked her repeatedly if she was okay. Embaressing her infront of the of the class. While Miroku moved away from the little window and laughed. He walked down the hall intending to turn around soon and head back to the dreaded class when he passed by the front office and heard one of the ladies sitting in the front ask “Okay sir what are your sons names?”
“Inuyasha Taisho, and Sesshomaru Taisho.” Miroku stopped dead in his trackes and peared over the one closed door and while the other double door was open. He listened carefully wondering if he had made a mistake in hearing the names he just heard. The lady was asking for birthdays of the two,ages and grade. Then she pulled out a clipboard with a few papers on it.
“Alright just fill in these papers here and tomorrow your sons can start there new day at Tokyo High.” She sounded chipper, like you know she said it with a big smile. But Miroku was not smiling, he was shocked. Inuyasha coming back seemed unrealistic. He thought of Kagome first, how she would feel about it. She would known once word got around, but nobody seemed to have heard anything about his arrival. Miroku ran back to the classroom. When he got inside the teacher raised her voice at him about not goofing off instead of going to the restroom but Miroku was out of breath and thinking about what he should say.
“Miroku did you run from the security guard again?” Kagome laughed.
Miroku looked up, that bit of panic still on his face but he swallowed hard and hid it. “Hah um yeah.” He then looked down and began to finish up his work. Kagome looked at him oddly but just shrugged it off. She was in a good mood but little did she know that the life she tried to start off new with, to forget what was hurtful, was about to get a visit from the past. The very reason she wanted the change in the first place.
Miroku felt bad for not warning her, but she needed to face it herself. He knew if he told her shed go into sheer panic and probably not go to school, or worry too much about it. It was best left to face it when it happens.

Not the greatest, I know :/ Just wanted to get this chapter out of the way! The next chapter will be much better, and coming soon. Review, Review, Review please. Tell me what you think so far.
-Laura<3