InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ Okassan (Mother)? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Okaasan (Mother)?
 
“Ahh, this feels nice.” Mira said as she sunk into the dark waters in the spring. Her aching muscles were starting to relax, and loosen. She sighed and sunk in deeper, enjoying the feeling of the hot water on her naked flesh.
 
She looked down at the pearl like gem that rested on her chest, and picked it up. Letting it roll in the palm of her hand, `If your wish is pure so will the jewel. But beware, use the jewel for your own personal game, the jewel will taint, and you will be possessed by the power you receive. Yeah yeah, I know.' Mira thought of one of the lessons Kaede had taught her not so long ago.
 
Near her, her clothes, twin blades, and her mother's bath materials stood close by. Mira loved using them, especially the lavender, vanilla and the berry scents. They were sweet to her senses, and the only thing she had to remind her of her mother.
 
Mira could remember the soft scent that always emanated off of her, her father always said that it was due to the bath soaps and washes.
 
Mira opened her eyes and looked at the still early morning sky. Slowly turning from a light red and blending to a sapphire blue. An occasional bird or two flew through her sight. And she sighed again, as she hear the chirping. She stood and looked at the water, splashing the reflection lightly, as if playing with it, looking at her carefully.
 
“You've really grown my dear.” A voice sounded from behind her.
 
Mira screamed and covered her chest, plunging back into the depths of the water. She looked over her shoulder to see nothing there, “Mira, you have finally lost it.” She said, “Note to self, ignore those little voices you hear and hurry up.”

Mira brought her sight to the bath materials that lay in front of her, wading in the water to them, she reached over to grab one of the bottles. But stopped, to look up and see a woman. Mira gasped and stepped back, and just stared at the woman dressed in miko's clothes. She had black hair that hung to her mid back, and dark chocolate eye's, so warm and familiar.
 
“Who the hell are you? This is private property.” Mira said.
 
The woman just smiled at her, “I know perfectly well that this is private property. I just came to see you.”

”Huh? To see me? Why the hell would you want to see me for, I don't even… wait,” Mira scrunched her gaze and looked hard at the female, and gasped. “No… i..impossible, you, you're dead.” She stumbled on her words as they left her throat, and she backed into a near by rock.
 
“I am, I am, my dear. But, you have the opportunity to change that.” She said.
 
“Mira flinched at her words, “What do you mean by that?” She growled, “And how the hell is it possible for you to be here? Damn demons think that they could mess with my memories. My mother is dead, you expect me to believe that she's standing right in front of me?” Anger and rage built in Mira's heart. She knew perfectly well that her mother was dead. She may have been young but she still remembered.
 
The woman that claimed to be Kagome, she flinched at Mira's harsh words, but smiled and laughed, “Just like my father. You even have his face when he's mad.” She laughed harder.
 
This woman looked like Kagome, but there was no scent. No one, could ever fake a scent without the original scent coming through. Oddly enough, she smelled like the air itself, “You still don't believe me?” She asked.
 
“I honestly don't know what to believe.” Mira said, loosening her posture, as if giving her some form of trust, balling her fists at her sides.
 
The woman was totally see through as though she were a ghost. Just floating there in id air.
 
`So should I believe this woman? She looks like mom, but… I don't know.' “How did you and dad meet?”

The woman was surprised she asked a question. But, no one else knew of their meeting or the small details that laid within it, only she, Mira's father, Shippo, Sango, and Miroku knew.
 
“Asking me questions only I would know, huh? Well, your father certainly taught you well. I met your father on my fifteenth birthday. While he was pinned to the sacred tree of ages for fifty years.”
 
Bingo, this had to be her. Mira couldn't accept it as true. Strangely enough, she did.
 
“Baby, please realize that I never meant to leave you at such a young age.” Kagome said, noticing that Mira had tears in her eyes, “I guess you do have some of my qualities in you. You're so full of emotion.” She lightly chuckled.
 
“Just tell me what I need to do.” Mira said, wiping away the tears and stared at her mother seriously.
 
“Go see Midoriko, in the cave near the demon slayer village, she help you and answer any questions. Is that clear? But be sure that the wish you make, should be pure.”

Mira nodded, and watched her mother turn, and start to fade, “Wait!!” She called before Kagome fully disappeared. She stopped, but still continued to fade, “Do you miss dad? And Shippo?”

Kagome's eyes grew with sadness, had she been alive, she would have undoubtedly been crying. But she smiled and shook her head, “I love your father, even now, I think of him daily and your brother just as much. Of course I miss them.”
 
“Then what if I use the wish to bring you back?” Was Mira's last question to her.
 
“Like I said, that would be something to discuss with Midoriko.” Kagome said over her shoulder, and with that, she faded completely.
 
Mira stared at the spot where her mother stood just a moment before. Then she dropped her gaze back down to the gem resting on the chain around her neck. Picking it up and pulled it over her head.
 
She smirked and tossed it in the air, catching it back in her fist, `Don't worry mom, I'll do you proud. Brr. But first to get out of the hot spring.'