InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ Battle and Release ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: Battle and Release
 
Though she had told him that she loved Inuyasha long ago, Koga always thought that she was only kidding, only telling him that cause that was what Inuyasha wanted her to say. To keep her at his side. Obviously, she wasn't joking. Perfect proof stood right in front of his face, and boy oh boy was she getting mad.
 
“You're a fool for trespassing on to our territory. I should kill you where you stand.” Mira said, positioning for a strike.
 
“Heh, if you're anything like mutt face over there, this shou….” Mira had caught him off guard and she kicked him hard in the stomach, sending him through a few trees. Now she stood slightly away from him, her nose in the air, the very stance her dad had.
 
“And here's the thing,” She said with a smirk present on her face, “I won't back down.”

Koga shook his head of the dizzy effect his sight had, and looked up at her, blood dribbling down from his lower lip, the flow only increasing as he smiled, “Not bad, not bad, I'll give you that much. But not good enough.” He struck, and Mira evaded. His claws only inches from her side. He was fast she'd give him that much.
 
Inuyasha sat on the ground, sitting on the ground as he always would, and keeping a close eye on Mira. He was right earlier, her movements had become more fluid like, less easy to evade. Her attacks were sharper and always hit the mark. Though he still worried about t\his little girl, fighting her first demon.
 
Despite the fact that Koga was not very smart when it came to fighting, always relying on his legs, he was still formidable when he wanted to be. And it was at times like this that she can be scary, just like her mother. That thought alone scared him, and he imagined how much pain he'd be in if she knew of the dreaded `sit' command her mother always used when she was mad.
 
Every strike Koga made, was easily dodged. And by the look on his face, he was getting annoyed. Now the thing that surprised Inuyasha, was that Koga actually pulled out the sword that hung at his hip, and actually grazed her side.
 
Mira jumped into a tree, and clutched her side, feeling the warm liquid drip down her body from underneath her kimono, staining it a dark color and down her hand. A dark red color covered her hand completely.
 
`Where are my blades?' Mira looked around for them, finding them across the lake from where she was, `Oh, I'm going to kill that damn fox. Brother or not. I'm gonna use his skin as a rug.'
 
`Ye have the powers of the priestess, ye have told me that ye blood and hair are embedded with in them, and as such, ye should be able to call them back, just by using ye spiritual power's.'
 
Suddenly, Kaede's words had come back to her from one of her miko lessons. That was told to her just a few days after she had received her blades.
 
~Flash Back~
 
At the time, Mira was seven years old. And happy as can be. The villagers and village children loved her, even if they knew she was hanyou. One of the sweetest little girls there.
 
Inuyasha was glad that she did not suffer the same way he did when he was her age. All thanks to Kagome. Had she not gotten the villagers to trust him, it would have taken longer to gain their acceptance.
 
Hell, had it not been for her, he'd still be pinned to the damn tree, with the damn seal on his heart.
 
He had asked Kaede to keep an eye on Mira for a bit, while he went out to do an errand. And she was more than glad to watch her. She loved having Mira around…. That is when it had nothing to do with miko lessons.
 
~Totosai's~
 
“Hey old man, you in here?” Inuyasha's voice ran through the hollow skeleton. Waking the old man that lay atop the flat rock.
 
“Inuyasha…yawn… is that you boy?” He asked still half in a daze.
 
“Old man. Mira is becoming of age. I need you to make her a weapon. Can you do that?” Inuyasha asked in a lower tone.
 
Totosai scratched his head, “Mira? Oh yes, that sweet little angle. I'd be more than happy too for her. Though I can hardly believe she's yours.” The last sentence he said barely above a whisper.
 
Inuyasha tried to hold down his anger as he presented a small pouch from his haori.
 
“I'm counting on you. Three days, right?” He asked over his shoulder to the demon that held the pouch. Totosai shook his head, “I will have it ready then. No need to worry.”
 
And with that, Inuyasha disappeared, and headed back home.
 
Totosai already had an idea of what kind of weapon the little angel wanted, she had already told him, not so long ago.
 
He removed the contents from the pouch, two vials of blood, two fangs, one bigger than the other, and two strands of hair, one more grey than the other.
 
“Obviously, some of these belong to young Mira.” Totosai said as he went to work.
 
~Three days later~

Inuyasha sat at the shore of the lake and watched Mira play with the falling leaves, and flower petals. Soon the butterflies started dancing around her as well, and she giggled and laughed with glee.
 
She looked back at her dad, who was just sitting between the giant roots of the full sakura tree over him. Mira ran to him and jumped into his welcoming embrace. She loved him, and felt safe in his arms; the feeling of the coarse fabric he wore was soothing on her skin. And she started to relax.
 
Inuyasha closed his eyes and relished the feeling of having his daughter, his only daughter in his arms. `Oh, Mira. What would I do if I lost you?' he asked himself plenty of times throughout the years.
 
“Moo.” A noise caught Mira's attention as she removed her self from her father's haori and turned her ears to the sound, to look over at the path and see Totosai coming their way.
 
“Daddy, what is Totosai-jijii doing here?” She looked up at her dad's face with a puzzled look. He only smiled at her and looked back at the old man, as he got off his cow and walked over to them with his over sized hammer over one shoulder.
 
Inuyasha stood with Mira in one arm. Standing to his full length, before setting her on the ground. She loved being so high up, though she was only less than one-fourth of his size. Who wouldn't love being so high up.
 
She stood next to him, grabbing his finger with her small hand, and sticking her thumb in the other hand in her mouth. Inuyasha looked down, and shook his head, grabbing her hand with his free one and pulling it out. Kagome had once told him that children shouldn't suck their thumbs. It isn't healthy, and should be stopped at a young age.
 
Totosai smiled at the little girl, with his hammer in one hand and twin blades in the other. As he presented to her the blades, covered with dark cherry wood scabbards, and red string wrapped around the top so she can hook it to her obi. She jumped up and down with glee, and took them from him, bowing deeply to show her gratitude to him.
 
“The left is named Yami (dark) and the right is Hikari (light).” He told her, as she tempted to try them out.
 
“Mira, please be careful.” She heard her father say softly, she looked over her shoulder, smiled and nodded to him. And she was always good to her word.
 
Her own blades, her very own.
 
~End Flash Back~
 
`Never tried it before, but I guess it's now or never.' She thought as she jumped out of the tree and skimmed through the meadow, and stopped in the middle.
 
Trying to catch her breath, she brought her feet together, and formed her hands in position, and concentrated.
 
By the time Koga had realized she had jumped out and did the same to send the final strike, he was pushed back… by a barrier.
 
A bright white and purple bubble formed around her, as she unlocked her spiritual power she possessed. Inuyasha stood up, ready to jump in to help her, but never knowing that she had such power. Weaker than Kagome's, though he would admit, Mira was stronger than Kikyo ever had been.
 
And that worried him.
 
When the barrier broke, he didn't see Mira any more, but who else could it have been but her?

~Within the Bubble~

Mira could feel the sensation of the energy that encased her. It was strong, and with her own demonic energy over lapping and swirling along side her spiritual, it hurt at first. She had never once released her purifying powers when she was in her normal state. Her demon side was only trying to protect herself from being harmed.
 
The whole commotion she felt was hot, really hot, but then it started to cool, till a tingling feeling fell through her. She opened her eyes again and there were three figures in front of her.
 
To her left, was her human half, her right, her demon, but the one in the middle wasn't even a part of her. The woman she had seen back at the hot springs early that morning. Her mother.
 
“I'm so confused.” She whispered as she switched gazes between all three figures, then her mother spoke, “Both of these are a part of you, and were both released when this barrier came up. But do not worry, they will return, but they are a part of who you really are, never neglect one half and take sides of the other.”

Just then, both her halves disappeared, “What are you doing here?”

”I wish to see your father through a physical body. Will you lend me your spirit so I can form around it for a short time?” Kagome asked her daughter.
 
Mira's eyes widened, but then smiled. She closed her eyes and said, “Take as long as you need.”

And with that the barrier broke.
 
Mira lent Kagome her spirit, to see the man she loved, to see the family she prematurely and unwillingly left behind.
 
As it fell, Kagome's body formed around her daughter's spirit and Mira's physical body collapsed to the ground. Dressed in the clothes the buried her in, her own miko clothes and for a temporary meeting Kagome stood in living flesh.
 
Inuyasha couldn't believe what he was seeing, he watched the bubble falter and disintegrate, but when it did, he saw a woman that was believed to be dead.
 
“Ka... Kagome?” He said.
 
At hearing her name, she turned around; looking at the boy she loved, seeing the man he had wonderfully become without her by his side.
 
He walked up slowly to her, until she was only a few inches away. He brought a hand up, but hesitated, and dropped it. As if he did touch her, she would be taken from him again.
 
Kagome saw this and grabbed his hand with her own small one and bringing it up to cup her cheek. Relishing the feeling of his callused palm against it. She looked up at him and smiled like she always would.
 
“You, you're really here.” He said, tears forming in his eyes.
 
“I am with a little bit of help.” She said to him, her voice as cheery as ever. She looked over her shoulder to look down upon their daughter, “will she be alright?” Inuyasha had to ask.
 
Kagome looked back up at her mate, and nodded, “I am only borrowing her spirit and will not be here for long. I had to see you. You have no idea what it is like to wander through space not doing any thing. Waiting for a way out of the void.”

Inuyasha was taken back, “Actually, yeah I do. The time Kikyo sealed me to the tree, that's how I was for fifty years.”
 
Kagome felt really stupid now, she should never have made that comment, “Gomen, I shouldn't have said that.”

She started to cry, “Come on Kagome, you know I hate it when you cry.” Inuyasha said as he wiped the tears away from her angelic face. She nodded.
 
“Your prayers have been heard, Inuyasha. That is one of the reasons I am here.” She said above a whisper, holding his arm at his wrist making sure his hand stayed where it was.
 
“There is a way to bring me back, but Mira is the only one to do it.” She finished, Inuyasha just shook his head, and some what understanding what she meant. But knowing her, she wouldn't tell him, he'd find out when the time was right.
 
“I must go soon; I do not wish to hurt Mira.” Inuyasha held her tightly, embracing her, never wanting to let her go again.
 
“I'm not gonna let you go again. I finally have you back in my arms; you know I can't live with out you. If Mira was not here, I'd follow you in death, and you know I would.” He breathed in her heavy scent. Surprisingly, she did not smell like one of the dead, like Kikyo did, but she smelled of her wonderful fragrance, of berries and vanilla. Using the spirit of one who was willing can go a long way after all.
 
“I know you would.” She said as she pulled back and looked into his molten golden eyes.
 
Pushing up on her tippy toes, and pressed her lips against his own. Like she would do when she was alive. Even though she was dead, she wasn't cold or empty; she was still warm and full of life. And he was more than happy to return it in kind.
 
Koga woke up from his unconscious state and stared at the sight before him. He saw her say her final farewells to no one but Inuyasha. Koga knew he had lost a long time ago, but this, to him, actually proved it. So he got up, and limped on his left leg, and went home.
 
Quickly the kiss turned down a less than innocent track. Kagome allowed the hanyou to slip his tongue into her warm mouth. It took all of two seconds before Kagome began responding to him, like she had so many times. She pressed back against his tongue as it explored her mouth. Her hands remained around his neck, as she sunk her hands into his silvery hair.
 
His hands roamed over her body. Up and down her back, over her shoulders and shoulder blades, and down to the small over her back, taking in every curve and groove. She was still the same. But, he loved her; he didn't want her to change, even in death. He nipped lightly at her lips in reprimand when she managed to steal control of the kiss. Letting out a throaty moan, Kagome had to reluctantly had to let go.
 
“I'm sorry but I have to go back.” She said, her cheeks flushed, and lips swollen and red. Her breath heaving, trying to get her racing heart back under control.
 
Inuyasha lowered his ears, upset that he was losing her once more, but released her. She stepped back, and with a last smile, she started to fade away, “Inuyasha, please, never forget that I love you.” She said, “And please tell Mira that too, and… thank you.” And with that she was gone.
 
“I will.” He said to himself. He hoped that wasn't the last time he'd see her smile, to hold her in his arms, to breath in her scent. He hoped to the gods not.
 
Inuyasha dropped his gaze down to Mira on the ground. Her breath could now be heard. She was going to be alright. He kneeled down and picked her up. Bringing her inside the hut, and taking her to her room. Over the years it remained the same. Inuyasha set her on the bed and brought the covers up under her chin.
 
He looked at her and smiled, `Just like her mother, when she was asleep.' He thought as he bent down to kiss her forehead good night.
 
But considering she hasn't eaten dinner, she'd be up and awake in a few hours.
 
Shippo was in his own room, his snoring silent, but still loud enough for Inuyasha to tell that he was out like a light. He took one last look at Mira, before turning his heel to head into his own room, right across the hall from Mira.
 
Within the first year since her birth, she would always sneak into their room to sleep with them, even after her mother left to help the village in the north.
 
The room was bare, but Kagome's scent still lingered in the room, even though an immense amount of time had passed since she was last there.
 
`Nothing more than just memories, now.' Inuyasha thought as he lay down on the blankets and fell asleep.