InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ Good Bye ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8: Good Bye.
 
The night was now quiet. The burning embers of the once so called flame, was crackling in the fire pit. Shippo's snore was still kept to a minimum.
 
In her room, Mira stirred in her bed. Her limbs were sore and her body felt weak. She blinked her eyes open, everything was fuzzy. As she tried to sit up, she felt the blankets slip off her body, and she brought her hand to her head. Feeling her blood rush through her veins, up to her head.
 
`Oh, my head.' She said to herself. And she groaned in displeasure as she rubbed her head, rubbing her head to get rid of the dizziness. Dropping her hand down to her throat. Draping her fingers around the cloth that was still present there, and untied the knot that her father put. Confident that the bleeding had stopped.
 
Removing the knot and unwrapping the white and scarlet fabric, skimmed her fingertips across the puncture wounds that had fully healed. Tossing the rag across the room, and slumping on her right arm, looking around the room. Into the darkness in every corner.
 
Again she brought her hand up to rub the exposed skin of her collarbone. Feeling that it was bare. Her eyes opened wide and she gasped. Looking around the ground furiously.
 
And there by the sliding door, was what she was so worried she lost. The Shikon Jewel.
 
`Oh, thank god.' She breathed, as she sat up all the way onto her knees and crawled over and off her futon bed and crawled over to grab the jewel. Picking it up with such ease and grace, she allowed it to roll in her palm. Then she squeezed it, `I know what I have to do.' She said as she clutched the jewel tightly in her hand.
 
As she stood, she made sure to go slow this time. Walking up to the sliding door, gently opening it and walking out of her room, and closing the screen behind her.
 
From one end of the hall, she could hear Shippo snoring, and across from her, her dad's gentle breathing. She smiled and closed the door that was partially open. She then walked down to the front of the hut, where the smoldering embers were dieing further from neglect.
 
The meat was still there for her, but she wasn't hungry. Instead, she went to the closet. Wanting something that was hidden in its depths.
 
The sword she had seen years ago when she had hid in here. When she opened the door, the aura she had felt when she was young, the aura that had protected her from the evil hanyou. She followed it to the very back, behind some of her mother's clothes, and her parent's mementos. Pictures her mother brought back from her time and some paintings her aunt had drew over the years
 
Strangely enough, Mira saw some pictures of her dad with another priestess. And every time she asked him about it, he never responded. To more important matters now, she thought as she tore her sight away from the pictures.
 
The sword, she remembered her father calling it Tetsusaiga. This is the sword that Koga was talking about, earlier that day.
 
Mira stooped down in front of it, gliding the tips of her claws over the smooth black wood of the scabbard, up to the withered hilt, back down to the end point, bringing her fingertips to rest on it now as they continued their journey up the casing. Mid way, she grasped it, a shocking sensation flowed through her, and she'd admit that it hurt. But it quickly subsided, like knowing who she was.
 
Mira picked it up and removed the sword from its home, looking at the rust that had built up over the years.
 
`Why the hell would father use a sword like this? It can't even cut paper.' She didn't understand why or even how her father was able to protect any one with a piece of crap like this. But if it protected her when she was little, it may prove to be of some use after all.
 
She slipped it back into the scabbard, and slipped it into in her obi. Walking over to the door and sliding it open, Mira looked back into the house with a sad look on her face, before stepping out side.
 
Her blades and bag of daggers were outside by the door; Shippo must have woken up not that long ago and put them there. She picked up the blades and set them in the scabbards that hung on strings on her obi. Seeing no use for the daggers.
 
Walking across the field and passing the flat rock, passing the lake and its stream. Anger and the determination to kill the evil man fueled her to for the actions she as about to perform. Entering the border of the forest and setting her hand on the nearest tree. Looking back at the house, she chanted and concentrated, untapping her power.

When she opened her eyes, which she didn't realize she closed, a single tear slipped down her cheek, before she turned quickly and broke into a run, into the darkness of the woods.
 
`Good bye' Was her only thought before she totally disappeared into the darkness.
 
~Morning~
 
The light from the sun slipped through the cracks in the roof, waking up Shippo once they hit the lids of his eyes.
 
He groggily got up and walked down the hall. Pausing at Mira's room and knocked on the door, wanting to respect her privacy, just in case she was dressing. When he didn't hear a reply, he walked in, “Oi Mira, you awake, yet?” he said as he slid the door open slightly and popped his head in, seeing that the room was… empty.
 
He opened the door fully, his eyes violently looking around, his nose trying its best to find her scent… but she was gone. Completely gone. Her room was clear of her, as if she was never there. Or at least within the last few months or so.
 
“Oh, damn. He's gonna kill me.” A shudder running up his back at the thought.
 
“Please enlighten me, runt. Who's gonna kill you?” The man behind him, he didn't sense. So when Shippo turned around the look and scent of death washed upon him, Inuyasha stood right behind Shippo, arms crossed within the sleeves of his haori.
 
“Ehe, ehem… It's… um… it's Mira.” He stuttered.
 
“What about Miara?” Inuyasha asked, still only half awake.
 
“Well… um… you see… how should I put this?” he brought a finger to his chin and thought for a minute, but sighed when he realized that he just needed to come out and say it, “She's gone.” Shippo covered his head and waited for the pounding on his head that he got on occasion, even now.
 
But, when it never came, he looked at his foster father, to apprehend that his face was filled with fear and confusion. He pushed Shippo aside and searched her room. Inuyasha didn't even think that she would try to do something like this and he was hoping that this was just a joke… but her scent was totally gone.
 
“What do you suppose we do?” Shippo asked as he leaned against the door frame, crossed his ankles and his arms.
 
Inuyasha looked over his shoulder to see him, but had no answer for him. He looked around her room once more, then dropped his gaze to the floor. Turning around to move pass his son once more, and head out to the firepit.
 
But once reaching the room, he noticed that something was missing. He sniffed the air, but still couldn't tell what it was.
 
Shippo came up behind him and felt the same way. Though he had an idea to what it was. Inuyasha was always around it and never actually left without it, so it would be hard for him to tell what was missing.
 
Shippo headed to the closet and slipped the door open. Looking at every trinket and memento's that set in every corner. He smiled, but soon quickly faded, remembering the good time, with everyone.
 
But he remembered the new memories he made with his little sister. He used to chase her around the house, a game that she really loved. How she used to hid in this very closet in the corner.
 
That's when he realized that the aura that was present here once, was in that corner.
 
Tetsusaiga, was the item that was gone.
 
“She took the Tetsusaiga.” Shippo said as he stepped out if the closet.
 
Inuyasha looked in shock, `Where the hell could she have gone?' Was his thought.
 
~The forest~

Mira had stopped to make camp when she was as far from home as she could, without her father or brother coming to bring her back, `This is something I need to do on my own, and they will see that in time.' She thought to herself.
 
She came to a clearing late that night, a perfect place. Clean clear and under control. No demons plaguing the area, and the stream that flowed near by was fresh.
 
Mira stepped into the clearing and into the sunlight, her hair catching the glints in her silver strands, twinkling like the stars in the night sky against her black hair.
 
She set the sword and her blades down on the ground, and walked over to the stream. Sitting on her knees at the bank. Dipping her hands in the crystal clear water, it was cool to the touch. And running all night like she did, it felt great. Bringing her hand to her face, she splashed the water against her red cheeks and repeated a few times. Then taking a few sips, before wiping her mouth with her sleeves.
 
Mira stared at her reflection, seeing the scratch on her left cheek. Cutting it on a branch last night, she ignored it.
 
She stood and stepped into the water, yet not realizing how deep it really was, the water ended up reaching her waist. Not that she cared; it felt good on her skin beneath her kimono. Dampening the blue material.
 
Dunking her body under the cool water and scrubbing her hair, getting all the dirt out of it, `Oh, would I do for mother's soaps.' She thought as she washed her skin, realizing that it wasn't as easy as it as with the soap tan without. She ended up using her claws, scrubbing hard it turned red.
 
Coming to surface for air, Mira shook her head of the excess water from her hair, flicking her ears getting the water out. Then ran her fingers through her hair, smoothing out as many tangles as she could.
 
She looked down at the water once more to look at her reflection; the water suddenly went from a clear blue, to a stained red. Mira gasped, never seeing this much blood before.
 
Strangely enough, it didn't frighten her, well, only half of her was scared. But her demon half got excited, really excited. She could hear the blood rushing through her veins, her demon half demanding to be set free.
 
She shook it off and got out of the water, to run and grab her blades that lay undeveloped at the base of the tree. Only to head back to the river and follow it upstream.
 
It wasn't long before she found the source of the blood. A large cat demon with glowing red eyes and a diamond on its forehead, fought for its life, surrounded by imp demons. All of them, biting or digging into the fur with knives or their own nails.
 
The poor neko was roaring and doing its best to shake off the little pests.
 
Mira's demon and human half were yelling at her, `Save the poor thing! Do it, before it's too late! DO IT NOW!!'
 
She hated it when they agreed with each other that only made her feel bad that she wasn't able to think of it herself, `Damn it alright, alright already.' She brought up her arms so that her blades rested along side her forearms, and charged into the sight of battle.
These little pests were not as bad as Shippo's or her dad's rigorous training. She was prepared; this is what she has been training for.
 
Slicing each urchin and hearing their screams were hurting her ears. Watching them dissolve before her face and the dust flying on the winds gentle caress, like gray petals.
 
Mira brought her gaze down to the large cat, noting that it wanted to fight, but had no intention of harming her. Then, it collapsed in the water, shrinking down to the cutest little kitten form she had ever seen. Mira picked up the poor thing before it was washed away in the current.
 
Mira waded out of the water and walked back to her campsite, where she would fish for food tonight and get a kyanpufaiya (campfire) started.
 
~~

Back at home, the word of Mira's disappearance worried everyone. But all figured that she was smart and would find her way home by herself. Well that and the fact that Inuyasha had forbidden anyone to go out and search for her. He had decided to let what ever she wanted to do on her own.
 
“If she needs help then she'd let us know. I taught her better than that.” He said once earlier that morning.
 
“Yeah, you also told her not to run away from home.” Shippo had argued.
 
“Only with good reason.” Was his foster fathers reply, before he walked off.
 
~~

When Hana had heard about her niece, she wasn't worried. If she was anything like her parents, she'd be fine. Nit only that, but Mira had so many teachers that had taught her a lot. She had the skill to take on any thing in her path, if proven to be a threat.
 
It was late after noon, when Hana had sat in the field surrounded by the wildflowers and herbs.
 
Taking in the many sweet scents around her, feeling the cool breeze and the many more scents that came with it.
 
Inuyasha had stepped in to the meadow, and saw her just sitting there, “You know, you'd always do that when something was on your mind. What are you thinking about?” He asked as he took his place next to her.

Her eyes were closed and her face was full with peace and serenity. Her silver hair would wave and flow with the wind just like her brother's would next to her.
 
“Just thinking of the past and present.” She said as she opened her eyes to look at him, amber meeting sunset. “How much time really does pass, when you don't worry about it.”

Her brother nodded next to her, and she smiled as she reached up and pulled down on one of his ear, “And how much things really haven't changed compared to when we were kids.”
 
Inuyasha tugged his sisters hand away, “A lot has changed since then.”

She nodded, “Like us hanyou's actually getting respect and being treated like equals.”

”That is only here, Hana. And that is because of Kagome.”

”But it wouldn't have been so, had you not mated her, and had she not given birth to Mira. And, if she is anything like you or Kagome, then I guarantee that she will be just fine.”
 
Inuyasha sighed when he realized that she was right. Mira was a strong and kind girl. She'll be ok, as long as she knows what she's doing.
 
“Do you remember this meadow, Oniichan?” She said as she broke the silence he had created.
 
“Barely, but yeah I do.” He said as he looked around.
 
“I remember how we used to com and play here, before and after mother's death. I always felt at peace here, even now.” She said as she lay down on the soft moist grass. Feeling the sun dancing waves of heat on her skin and loving every gentle caress the wind gave her.
 
“You brought Aiji here, too. Didn't you?”

”Of course I did. This is one of her favorite spots. She even comes here with her boy fiend sometimes.”

”Oh, she's still with Ayase?”

”Yeah, and he even asked Kyo to marry her.”

”She's of age now. And it ain't easy to find a full dog demon who will be willing to mate with a hanyou.”

”Sesshomaru did, didn't he?”

”Kagura is different, what she lacks in demon blood, she makes up for in personality and grace. I mean she is the only one to actually keep that bastard in line.”
 
Hana giggled, remembering how much he used to despise her. Well, after welcoming her into the family, she had proved that she had really changed. And that was all because Sesshomaru had given her, her own scent, her own heart. And return, he is the keeper of it.
 
Mainly, as long as he wasn't bugging Inuyasha, he was glad.
 
“You showed her this place as well?” Hana asked seriously.

Inuyasha was silent, but just for a minute, “Yes, I did.” He said inaudibly, thinking back to that night.
 
~Flash back~
 
It was late that evening, and everyone was packed and ready for bed. At this point in time, Kagome and Inuyasha was a couple, but she considered it being a boyfriend girlfriend relationship in her time.
 
She was the only one up at the moment, her face buried within the pages of her algebra 2 book. Trying to absorb as much information as she could before those darn finals came around to taunt her.
 
She gave in after at least an hour. Not wanting to think about the cursed thing right now. Her mind on something, better yet… someone else.

Inuyasha had kept a close eye on her the whole time. He always hated it when she studied. She never had a lot of sleep and it was because of that damn thing she had in her grasp. Though he made it seem like he was looking at the fire, considering that he had sat by the fire, instead of in the tree like he normally would.
 
Kagome looked over at him and rubbed her eye, but she wasn't tired. Her head was hurting with everything she tried to cram into her mind. Not even sure anymore if she understood anymore, better yet, not even caring.
 
“You should go get some water.” Inuyasha had said from across the fire.
 
“Come with me then.” She said as she stood from the sleeping bag, moving the young kit as to not wake him.
 
She was about to step out of the clearing, before glancing back to see if he was following. Which, reluctantly, he did.
 
Coming up to her side, Inuyasha looked down at her and smiled warmly. A smile that was meant only for her and her alone when they were left alone. And she smiled in kind, and did not protest when he bent down and nuzzled her cheek with his own, coming over to the shell of her ear, his mouth found a pleasant occupation with Kagome's earlobe, eliciting small sounds of pleasure from her. His hands smoothed over her back and shoulders. He had given her a lot of attention, the best boyfriend any girl would want. She sighed in approval and contentment.

She was his first priority, but not the most important thing in life. He didn't worship her by showering her with gifts or money. But he was just there, to have and to hold.
 
But, then again, he treated her with love and tenderness, care and concern that he deemed she deserved. Well, more than he did back then when Kikyo was his concern or when they had first met, a lot more. He didn't leave Kagome to go after her, now knowing how much it actually hurt her. But he would go to see her for any news on Naraku's whereabouts and Kagome would come with.
 
Kagome wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled herself up on her toes. Inuyasha's arms would go around her waist and lift her off the ground, closing his eyes and breathing in her fragrant scent.
 
She relished moments like these, when Inuyasha would pick her up and just take her away, just so that they could be alone. Away from the spying monk, and concerned taijiya.
 
Just them, which Kagome never thought would happen. According to her, they have been so called dating for at least a year now, though he considered it courting. No man was to touch her, or so told the mark on her neck, though incomplete and hard to see, it only proved that they did not wish to take things to fast. And neither could be happier… unless tonight was a good night.
 
Inuyasha had walked away from the camp with Kagome still in his arms; he could feel her legs bounce against his own gently.
 
Eventually, another clearing came to them, but he kept walking until he came to the stream that he knew would be there from so long ago.
 
When he stopped he noted that Kagome was asleep on his shoulder. He couldn't help but smile, but had to wake her up, “Oi, Kagome.” He called softly, she only moaned from her disrupted sleep, as she tempted to burry her face into his neck even more.
 
“Ok, you don't let me go; your ass is going in the water.” He threatened.
 
Did the trick. Kagome pulled back from his neck, her face red from the pressure she applied there and her eyes half lidded from her sleep.
 
“You do, I'll bring you down with me.” She threatened him right back.
 
“And how do you plan to do that?” Bad move, as soon as those words left his mouth, she tugged down on those god forsaken prayer beads.
 
He chuckled when a small smile formed on her tired face. Inuyasha set her down but his grip did not falter, they moved from around her waist to her hips
 
A whole year, they have been an official couple for at least a whole year, and the information on his long lost sister just a month ago, things seem to be going well.
 
Especially considering that any other girl would be one her fourth or maybe even her fifth boyfriend when a whole year has gone around.
 
Kagome released the beads and just looked up at the man that had captured her heart. Her hands on his chest, fiddling with the ends of his silver hair. She stepped closer so that their bodies touched, earning a low growl from Inuyasha.
 
Kagome started to nuzzle his neck once more, feeling the vibration next to his pulse from another earned growl as she started nibbling and suckling it. He gripped her hips tighter bringing her even closer. Soon enough, she could feel his arousal against her thigh. The feeling was only adding to her own, and Kagome knew that he could smell it.
 
The intoxicating aroma drove him crazy as he crashed his lips against her own. Squeaking in shock but quickly relaxing and adding to the passion that he had started. She could feel his tongue gaze along her lower lip, demanding to be let in. When she replied he bomb barded her mouth completely, taking in every crevasse and feel.
 
When she started doing the same, it turned into a battle of dominance, Inuyasha figured to at least give her an edge, while he's hand moved up to cup her left breast and begin slowly massaging it. She rewarded him by rubbing his ears gently and rhythmaticly.
 
Kagome's hand moved to the back of Inuyasha's head, pulling him forward, in an attempt to get as deep into his mouth as humanly possible, their tongues molding together.
 
Reaching up to slid his red haori off of his shoulders; he removed it completely for her. Letting her go to fully remove the haori bunching at his slender waist always hidden from the world from the material, which were still tucked in his pants, earning a growl of disapproval, as he lay it out, before coming back to pick her up and set her atop it, before crushing her lips with his once more.
Inuyasha brought his hand up again to pull up her blouse top, deciding to go for lifting it up over her head, rather than unbuttoning the whole thing, which he knew, would take too long.
Kagome obeyed and, after separating from Inuyasha's mouth, lifted her arms up above her head, allowing Inuyasha to pull her blouse top off faster. After throwing it aside, Kagome quickly directed her attention back to Inuyasha's mouth, continuing the kiss she had unwillingly postponed. Her hands however, found their way through Inuyasha's long and thick silver hair, down along his back, to grab at the bottom of his k anda-shatsu (undershirt), and begin untucking it and slipping it off his shoulders as he did with the red one.
 
Once this had found its place on grass next to them, along with the blouse top, Inuyasha leaned into his Kagome once again, but this time, his lips didn't reach her mouth, instead choosing to explore other areas, beginning with her neck and working down. He started by laying light kisses and licks along her neck, then her collarbone followed by her chest.
It was here that he noticed she was still wearing something, some flimsy, annoying fabric was covering up his Kagome's breasts. Not knowing exactly what this item of clothing was, he didn't know how to properly remove it. He began tugging at it in frustration, not wanting to simply snap it off in fear that it might annoy Kagome.
Kagome, sensing his dilemma, stopped stroking his back to unhook her bra off herself. She picked up Inuyasha's hands, and showed him wear to pull. Although still having a bit off difficulty, with Kagome's help, he managed to get her out of her bra without preventing it from further use.
Inuyasha's mouth continued to explore Kagome's body, kissing the now section between Kagome's breasts. She moaned in pure enjoyment of everything Inuyasha was doing to her. Finding her noises encouraging, Inuyasha found the confidence to move up her right breast with his constant licks and kisses, eventually discovering her nipple, hard from the surrounding cold. Deciding to warm her up, Inuyasha gathered it up in his mouth, beginning to suck gently. Again she moaned, causing Inuyasha to take a small break to smile to himself. He then continued to quite skillfully, rip off her underwear with his right hand, no longer caring whether Kagome would be upset or not. He's mind was too busy concentrating on other things at the moment, clouded with nothing but thoughts of both his love and immense desire for Kagome.
Once this item of clothing was removed, Inuyasha, whilst keeping his left hand on one of her breasts, crept his right hand back up towards her crotch and, after stroking it for a while first, he slipped two fingers in.
Kagome gasped in shock and surprise, her grip around Inuyasha tightening. She wasn't expecting him to do this. He began moving his fingers in and out of her, in an imitation of what was he was planning for later, but with another part of his anatomy.
Kagome found herself leaning in further to what he was doing to her, her hands running through his hair more and more frantically then before. After releasing an amount of her sticky fluid from what Inuyasha was doing to her, Kagome collapsed beneath him, unable to take much more of his teasing.
After regaining herself, Kagome began to trace her hands down Inuyasha's masculine body, deliberately taking her time, until she reached the spot where the tops of his hakama's were. She quickly found the straps on the front of this and undid them, pulling the pants down to reveal his rather large and currently standing manhood. Inuyasha squirmed the rest of his way out of the as of now strict pants, before positioning himself back over Kagome.
Looking at her face first for a quick check to see whether she was ready or not, he continued. I mean, who knows maybe a year wasn't long enough for her to see if it was right. He saw no existence of regret in her face.
He plunged himself into her slippery womanhood, slow at first, till he felt himself hit her virginity.
"I'm sorry" he whispered into her ear, before proceeding to push past that thin layer of skin, breaking it apart. Kagome gasped in searing pain, as a tear escaped her, falling down her face. Inuyasha moved in to kiss where her tear lay on her cheek, stoking her arm slowly, in an attempt to distract her from the pain.
He stayed still where he was for a few moments, waiting for Kagome to adjust to him. After she felt that her pain had declined, Kagome gave Inuyasha a slight nod to tell him to continue.
He began rocking in and out of her, speeding up gradually as he went.
Hearing the wind blow past them as well as over, and hearing other animals as the night rolled out.
He kept going faster and faster, but Kagome still wanted more, although she knew that for him to go any faster then he already was physically impossible.
Then finally, he released, his own causing Kagome to crash over the cliff with him. As he did he sunk his teeth close to her pulse, her being to occupied with the pleasure she was feeling. Soon he eventually noticed that her blunt human teeth tried to sink into his arm.
Thinking of giving her a hand, he lifted his free arm and sliced his arm, allowing his blood to flow freely. She suckled on his arm, feeling the warm substance slink down her throat. Try as he might not to, he couldn't help but collapse on top of Kagome, still inside. They both lay there for a few moments, panting and too exhausted to move.
A while later, a light tap on Inuyasha's shoulder indicated to him that he's weight had become too much for the already out of breath Kagome to support.
He got he hint and, after thrusting into just a few last times, gently slid back out of her. He sprawled himself out next to her on the cool grass, still attempting to catch his breath.
Kagome turned to face him again, reaching an arm out over him and kissing his shoulder. He, in return, kissed her head, before pulling his haori back up over them, and wrapping his own arm around her.
“I love you, Inuyasha.” She whispered, exhausted and ready for sleep to take over.
“I love you too, my Kagome.” He said, as he too drifted to sleep.
~End Flash Back~

That night was also the night Mira was conceived, the night he had fully taken Kagome as his mate.
Hana looked at her brother, knowing perfectly well what he was thinking about. So it would probably be best to leave him alone.
She got up and walked away, giving him the privacy he deserved.
Inuyasha's thought soon came back to what Noriko had said, "Well it's hard for a child to let go of the only parent they have for a short time." She watched as he began to eat. "You know she will let go when she is older and then you won't be able to let go, because she's your daughter."
 
`Is this what she meant?' He thought as the sound of the crickets filled the early night sky.