InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ New Friends or Enemies ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9: New friends or Enemies
 
The sun was dipping behind the mountain quickly, and Mira had stayed at the clearing all day. Upset with her self for not getting any ground covered. Instead, she had stayed for the little neck demon.
 
Its wounds were cleaned and bandaged although it still needed to rest.
 
So now Mira was in the stream trying to catch dinner… not such luck at all.
 
`Damn it. How the hell does dad do it?' She yelled at her self, remembering how her dad was capable of catching a dozen or so by this point in time.
 
She managed to catch two, `Sigh, I guess that will have to be enough for now.' She thought as she stepped out of the water and grabbed the fish, setting them by the fire and walking to the low branches of the trees behind them. Breaking two of them, and returning to the flame, well fed and burning a bright red and orange.
 
As she stuck the fish on the sticks and set them over the fire to cook, she looked down at the furry creature that still failed to awaken. Mira sighed, `What if it was a waste and it's dead now?' She knew she was lying to her self, clearly hearing the small heart that was rapidly beating earlier, but had slowed to metronomic beat.
 
Mira took her gaze off the kitten and looked back at the fire, feeling a little home sick. She had never gone far from home, and tomorrow she would be going farther.
 
Her blades lay with in reach, glowing red from the fire.
 
Mira eventually came to dozing off, when she heard a small growl. Her eyes opened in alert, and over to the cat demon, struggling to stand up.
 
It growled even more at her when it stood, glaring at her with a death defying look. As though it was warning her not to come near. Hissing and breathing heavy. Mira could only smile and sit back down the way her father would, cross legged and her arms. The small kitten's eyes widened, `She won't attack?' was its thought.
 
Mira looked back at the fire and plucked one of the fish off of it and set it down in front of the feline, only to look at the fire once more.
 
The kitten started nibbling the fish, sensing no threat or desire to kill. It wasn't long before it had finished and waddled over to the female hanyou's side. Mira looked down at it as it snuggled into her leg.
 
She reached over and picked it up, fully aware of the wounds, setting it gently on her lap, as she extended her legs in front of her. The kitten rubbed her head in Mira's hand, bedding her to pet her. Mira continued to smile as she saw that she had made a new friend as she was more than happy to oblige the request.
 
“I'm glad to see that you are ok, but you must stay off your legs for a while.” Mira called softly to the feline on her legs, dozing off a bit.
 
Mira could hear the sound of the crickets and eventually, sleep got to her as well.
 
~Morning~
 
Mira was greeted with the sun in her face, the forest filled with the scents of the early morning. The sky wasn't as bright as it was back at home. She stretched up and rubbed her arms. Looking down to see that the small kitten was still asleep, though not for much longer. Seeing that the sun had disturbed its rest as well.
 
Mira stood up and set the kitten to the side. Coming over to the fire pit, still smoking and crackling and she stomped her foot in it. Not feeling any pain from the heat against her bare foot. The debris she wiped off on the cool grass. Looking around the clearing for anything, before walking back and gently picking up the kitten in her arms.
 
Swords and blades fastened at her sides, and she ventured forward into the forest.
 
The kitten looked up at her a few times. Lifting itself to the best it could without hurting itself and nuzzled the top of its head against her chin, a low purr coming from it. Mira never had a demon friend before, but she sure was enjoying having one.
 
~Home~
 
A few days had gone by, and Shippo walked through the streets of the town he grew up in. Everything was quiet with out the little hanyou around, he missed her. He had sent word to Rin not that long ago, telling her to keep her eyes open for her cousin, and report back to him as soon as she heard word.
 
Some people actually think that Shippo did this because he wanted a reason to talk to Rin without getting in trouble from her father. Man was he overprotective or what? But I guess Sesshomaru is no different than Inuyasha is when it came to their daughters.
 
The people around here would occasionally smile at him, and ask him if there was any news of his sister. No word yet, though she has only been gone for a few days, he was hoping that she'd get back soon.
 
“Good morning Shippo.” A voice came from behind him. His cousin, Aiji, stood right behind him.
 
As time rolled on since she had first met her mothers family, she had grown a hell of a lot stronger. Even her own uncle had trouble beating her a few times.
 
“Oh, good morning Aiji how is your mother?” He asked as he turned his heel to greet her.
 
She was the same, just mature now. Her eyes were a deeper shade of sunset than that of her mothers, and her hair was kept short and well trimmed not passing her shoulders. Her figure was juke Mira's, perfect form and well toned muscles for a girl.
“She's just fine, I was actually wondering if you need any help looking for Mira.” She asked, standing next to him, Shippo completely over towered her, as he did for almost everyone else.
 
“If dad found out that any one was looking for her, he'd kill me. And I'd have to admit, she can handle herself.” He said with a whisper.
 
“Understandable, mother always said that he had a short temper, and you always took the blunt end.” She said as she stuck her hands on her hips.
 
“What about your dad, isn't he supposed to be here?”
 
“Yes, he said he'd be here shortly, I think he was supposed to be helping uncle with hut building today.” Aiji thought.
 
“Oi, Shippo. Aiji.” Inuyasha's voice rang through the buildings.
 
“Ahh, and there is uncle now.” Aiji said as she looked back to see his uncle.
 
“Good morning uncle, you look well.” She said as she came up to hug him, and he had no problem returning her gentle embrace.
 
“Things could be better, kid” He said, “Where the hell is your dad at?”

“He said he'd be here.” She responded.
 
“And I am here.” Another voice came from nearby. Kyo stood right behind Shippo.
 
Kyo was a wolf demon from the western tribe, hence the gray colored fur. It was the same style of that of Koga's. Around his head, shoulder blades waist and legs. His hair was a dark brownish color, and his eyes were a deep shade of sapphire, nothing like Koga's whose were cold and like steel, but a pair full of hope and passion. He extended his hand and his brother in law took it with a strong grip returning the same amount that was passed through.
 
“You're late.” Inuyasha said.
 
“Hey, come on. The baby kept me up all night, I got here as soon as I could. And I had to tell Kaede that Hana wasn't going to be here.” Kyo said.
 
“Pain in the ass, you're worse than Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha scoffed.
 
Kyo looked back at his daughter, “Aiji, aren't you supposed to meet Ayase?”

Aiji looked at the shadows and shrieked, “Ahhh, damn it to hell, I'm late. Sorry, really wish I could say, but I have preparations to do in the next village. Bye.” She waved over her shoulder, and she disappeared within the trees.
 
“She's growing up.” Kyo breathed. Inuyasha looked at the direction she left in and looked at Kyo. Feeling envious, to some extent.
 
Kyo could feel the uncomfortable gaze as he looked at him, “She'll be fine. And I know she'll come back. Trust me, no matter how far way they may seem from you, but she always finds her way back to you.” Kyo knew exactly why Inuyasha was staring at him the way he was, and figured that he was really worried down in his heart. Kyo knew what had happened with his sister in law when their relation ship had first kicked off, and he felt bad for him, and Mira was all he had.
 
Kyo knew very well that Inuyasha, his wife, Hana, Aiji, Kaede and Shippo had trained her long and hard, she is totally capable of taking care of her self. And she will come back on her own eventually, whether it was to come back home or for help.