InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ The Demon Slayer Village ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10: The Demon Slayer Village
 
The whole day, she had spent walking. All day without rest, against the rough terrain. Mira handled it very well. The small kitten in her arms had fallen asleep again.
 
The sun was setting again, the third day in a row, and still no sign of the demon slayer village.
 
`Damn it,' Mira thought as she sat down on a fallen log. She reached down and rubbed her ankle. Sore and a little swollen, from walking for the past three days.
 
She was tired and exhausted.
 
`I guess this place is as good as any.' She thought as she set the kitten down, shortly waking up from its nap, and looking around, as though it recognized the place.
 
Meowing up at her, Mira looked down at it. Smiling as she grasped on of the bandages and started unwrapping the neko.
 
“Three days should be good enough, the very least we can do is look at them.' Mira said as the kitten looked at her with a confused stare.
 
The wounds seemed to have heeled a lot these past three days, and now they were good enough to remove the bandages and have the neko walk around.
 
Once the last binding was removed, the kitten shook her body, loosening the fur that had stuck to the skin, bringing up her back paw and scratched the back of its ear.
 
“There, you should be better now.” Mira said with a smile and sat up to walk over to a small trickle between a pair of rocks, and washed the strips of cloth. Watching the dry blood flow from the now white cloth.
 
Wringing it from the excess water, and hanging it on a branch for a few minutes. Mira looked back at the neko licking at the water.
 
“You should be fully recovered by now, but any sign of discomfort, you ain't walking, ya hear?” Mira said as she reached her hand over and petted the cats head. Who in return nuzzled her palm.
 
Suddenly, the kitten forced away and bounded a few feet away. Mira looked in confusion and shock, as the nekomatta burst into flames. The heat and light emenating of it was incredible, and Mira tempted to protect her face by putting up her hands.
 
A roar came from the blaze. Piercing red eyes peered through, but this wasn't the face that she saw fighting with the imps a few days ago; these eyes were gentle and soft. It turned around exposing its back. At first Mira had no idea what it wanted, but got the idea that it wanted to show her something.
 
Mira hopped on its back and it took off into the forest.
 
`Man how the hell do I get myself into these things?' Mira asked herself as the nekomatta continued to run, dodging every branch and trees that got in the way.
 
~Sunset~
 
Mira had practically fallen asleep on the cats back. The most comfortable spot she had been on the past three days.
 
The sun was setting, and quick. They have been traveling like this all day, but I guess you can say that had it not been so, it would have at least have been another two day walk from their place when they took off to here.
 
So it was a major surprise for Mira to see a wooden wall. The neko dumped her on her butt and disappeared with in the bushes.

”OW, Damn it that hurt.” She said as she rubbed her backside, before standing up and looking at the great wall in front of her.
 
Darkened and rotted with time, some of the logs were not supported and ready to fall, and half of the outside seemed to be in construction.
 
Mira made her way to the main gate, looking in at the run down homes. The smell of grave soil and temple incenses permeated the air, making Mira a little dizzy.
 
She reached into her pocket and pulled out the stone Shippo had given her. The sapphire dew drop shaped stone necklace that made her look human.
 
As she slipped it over her head, she felt her body alter. Her demonic senses dimmed, the feeling of her ears trailing down, like bugs crawling under her skin.
 
Now the thing was that she didn't hate being human, she just hated the transformation she went through. It felt uncomfortable, and in some areas it hurt. Like her retreating fangs and claws.

With her full black hair and dark violet eyes, she seemed human to the untrained eye, but the problem was that most demons would be able to sense her, her demonic blood sometimes slips through.
 
Huts stood, and some collapsed inward. The soil was damp, the sky was totally silent. No birds, no animals, no life seemed to be present here.
 
`This is the pride and joy of the demon slayer clan? No one is even here.' Mira thought, though not that she thought about it, her father had told her stories about the greatness, sadly enough that was a long time ago that the village was full of life.

Silence… She wasn't used to it, she hated this eerie silence. She continued to walk down the road and looked at the homes, and the demon weaponry house. Mira stared in `ohhh' and `awww'. So many weapons carved from the bones and hide of demons.
 
A snap came from behind her. She gasped and twirled around quickly. A boy stood there, dark brown hair, tied back at the nape of his neck and dressed in the taijiya uniform that her father had told her about. Black form fitting suit, with a dark blue sash tied at his waist, with matching armor on his elbows and knees. The giant boomerang slung over his shoulder, made her wonder how he's capable of carrying it. The look of anger and the willpower to kill was very… very present in his deep sapphire gaze.
 
“You have made a mistake, demon. Trespassing here is a bad idea.” He said behind the mask he wore.
 
Mira bent down a bit and readied her blades.
 
He charged at her, throwing the giant bone over his shoulder with such ease and grace, “Hiraikotsu!” He yelled as he let go of the strap and let the boomerang fly. And in Mira's human body it wasn't easy to dodge, though she managed difficultly. She watched the Hiraikotsu swing back and returns to its place.
 
This was dangerous, “Please, I mean you no harm, just let me pass.”

”And you actually believe me to do so, demon?” He asked as he charged again, swinging the boomerang in his hand, almost cutting her across the chest. Mira leaned back, something you see in the Matrix, and the attack missed her body.
 
Problem was, it did hit something… the stone. The quick change that was taking place in her body caused her senses to rush back. She couldn't see very well, and everything had gone blurry. She put a hand to her head in order to ease herself, and pass over the feeling.
 
“Saya, I need help.” He called again.
 
`What the, who the hell is Saya?' Mira thought.
 
Another scent came from behind her, and what ever was about to hit her, had missed, “Tell me Honou (flame), you need help killing one demon? Have you lost your touch?” The girl by the name of Saya had asked him. Mira's sight had finally stilled and returned back to normal.
 
She looked the same as the boy, Honou, though her hair was brown, as well as her eyes. Her outfit was the same as his, except the color of light green had replaced the dark blue.
 
“She's stubborn. She is.” He said as he removed the mask that hid his face, a scar cutting across his mouth, one that will be cured with time.
 
Saya uncovered her kusari-gama (sickle and chain) from behind her back, and attacked Mira. Paying no mind to Saya, Mira paid for it with a sharp pain in her side.
 
`Damn it. Out of all the places to attack, why there?' The spot on her side that was now bleeding… again was the same spot where Koga had hit her about a week ago. For some reason, it had failed to heal fully.
 
“Damn it. I told you that I mean you no harm.” Mira rasped out, loosing a lot of blood, and quickly. Loosing her eyesight all over again, she was really starting to hate this. Her kimono was stained again, which means she'll have to go find a river later.
 
Next thing Mira knew she was tackled and pinned to the ground, “It's no wonder you're so weak, you're only a half demon.” Saya whispered from above her, her swords point right at Mira's pulse. She couldn't move under the taijiya's grasp and was about to black out. Saya drew back the sword and was within an inch of striking when…
 
“Saya, stop. Now!” Another voice came in. Saya's hand had stopped and she looked over. A woman stood dressed in a two toned pink kimono and a green skirt. Her brown hair tied back more than half way down her length, and her brown eyes complemented her face just like Saya's do. This must be… “Mother, why do you stop me? This demon trespassed on our grounds.” Saya's rage was growing as she got off the hanyou, and over to her mother.

”She said that she had meant us no harm.” She said. Mira had tried to stand, holding her ground over her own puddle of blood, holding her side and panting, loosing more and more blood. Her demon blood was not helping for some reason. Mira's question was… why?
 
“Ya but…”

”No buts Saya. Enough is enough.”

Her mother had glared at her, when a meow came from the bushes, and the small kitten Mira had saved came out of the bushes and stand in front of the wounded girl protectively, “Kilala? Where have you been?” The woman asked as she opened up her arms and allowed the small kitten to run and jump into her arms. Kilala went to her mistresses arms and rubbed her head against her cheek.
 
“Sh… she be… belongs… to you?” Mira rasped out before she collapsed in her puddle of blood.
 
“Oh, my. Miroku!” The woman called as a man dressed in black and purple monk clothes stepped out of the hut, “Yes what is it, my lovely Sango?”

”Do you think you could bring her into the hut; I'll head over to the field and find some herbs.”

”Yes of course.” He said as he walked over to the girl and looked down at her silver and black hair, looking somewhat unsure about her.
 
Saya and Honou looked down in shame, as Saya followed her mother and Honou, to his father.