InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Knowing ❯ A New Companion? ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 22: A New Companion?
 
~~
 
“My clan was attacked not that long ago. But the man that had killed half of them was not seen in real form. The half that lived claimed that it had been me. So they banished me. My father believed me, and had spoken that damn bastard's name.” He said.

“He said that the man's name was Naraku.” He finished.
 
Saya and Honou's eyes were wide open as he said this. Yet Mira's eyes stayed the same.
 
~~
 
All three gazed at the male hanyou, and all was silent, until Saya had said something, “Well then. Since we are all heading in the same direction you should come with us.”
 
He scoffed, “Obviously it ain't my saying.” He said as he crossed his arms… he knew better, all packs had a pack leader and must go by their regulations. And judging by the looks of things, the female hanyou was in that very position.
 
Saya too noted what he meant and looked over to Mira. Her back was to them now, her posture was as though she heard nothing.
 
“Mira what do you think?” She asked.
 
Mira's ears were the only movement among her body, letting her know that she was listening to every word, “It is not my saying whether he stays with us or not. That would be his decision.” She said, “Although, since we are after the same man… it may be a good idea. Your choice kid.” She said as she looked to Inukuro from the corner of her eye.
 
“Kid? I'm probably older than you are, pipsqueak.” He started.
 
“Oh what's that supposed to mean, you damn brazen fool?!” She followed after, coming nose to nose with the taller male hanyou.
 
“You're so scrawny. How would you protect your self?” Her anger was rising again.
 
Saya sighed, `This can't be good. She hasn't fully regained her blood but she still has enough to get it boiling.'
 
But she didn't interfere, sitting on the side next to her brother, and watched it carry out,
 
“You got some nerve saying that to me, you ungrateful idiot.”

”Look whose calling who an idiot; you're the one that got poisoned. On your human night no less. You knew this area was dangerous and you came in anyway.”
Mira put her hands on her hips, “And it was a good thing I did. Who knows what would have happened to you had we not come around.”
 
“As much as I would love to let you carry this out, but we must be out on our way now.” Honou interrupted as he stood. “Who knows what kinds of dangers lurk in this area, now that the spider head is dead.”

Mira's range bubbled down, and she sighed. Then staggered down to the dock.
 
Inukuro stood for a moment as he watched the female hanyou head down to the clear water. He had heard of the girl's family… and her famous short… very short temper. And to say... that was really fun.
 
She stepped into the water and led the boat out, and helped the demon and two humans in. Then all three looked up to him, and Mira called out, “Well, you coming or what?” Her expression was… well, he didn't know how to explain it. One of impatience and waiting, and her features were soft. He nodded once and wadded down into the water as well. Stepping to the back he rested his body against the wood on the stern. Resting his hands behind his head and crossed his legs, he felt the boat get caught in the current and float down.
 
His occasional watching eyes mainly landed on the girl that stood on the edge of the front of the boat. Amazed with her balance, for one so young. She stood on the balls of her feet and stood straight and sturdy. Her arms were tucked into her kimono sleeves and there was no doubt on his mind that her expression was concentrated on the surroundings around them.
 
“You know you keep staring at me, you're not going to be able to see at all.” She said, obviously she felt his gaze on her back. She looked over her shoulder, and Inukuro lowered his. She narrowed her eyes and whipped to look forward once more.

Compared to the day before, there were no webs and the smell of the air was far cleaner.
 
Saya and Honou stayed quiet and just relaxed. Kilala was especially enjoying her time. Being on Saya's lap, being petted till she fell asleep. Honou was constantly looking at the people around him, feeling slightly uncomfortable, since no one was talking. But I guess his parents felt the same way when their group was first formed, and he, too, would have to get used to it.
 
~Night fall~

They were still on the boat by the time the sun had sunken behind the mountain. Mira's eyes were closed, listening to the sounds around them. She would occasionally rub her arm; the injury from Kikyo's arrow still sent a pain up it.
 
`Damn that woman.' She thought, still standing on the edge just as she had been that morning. She could have stayed that way, but Saya snapped her out of the daze that she was in.
 
“Mira, do you think we can stop and make camp for the night? It's dangerous to travel in open water in the night.” She said. Even her injuries from that night had occasionally sent pain.
 
Mira said nothing, but she was listening.
 
When Mira said nothing after a few minutes Saya sighed in defeat, and went back to stroking Kilala's blonde and black fur.
 
Mira opened her left eye and it wandered over to the bank, where there appeared clearing she could see through the thick brush and group of trees. Her head followed. Saya saw her movement, and watched her jump out of the boat and land on the shore with such ease and check behind the greenery, then disappear behind it.
 
Inukuro sensed what she was up to and followed. Jumping out of the boat with a loud splash, and grasping the back of the vessel and pushing it to the coast. Waking Honou from his slumber and surprising Saya and Kilala.
 
Once hitting the sandy beach, he helped Saya out and waited for Honou to come as well. Passing through the thicket, Mira could be seen, just standing there, with her hands on her hips, as she checked the empty area.

When she looked back, her face was soft and line free, “We'll make camp here for to night and get out of these mountains in the morning.” She said before walking out of the clearing, “Mira wait for me, I'll come with you.” Saya called after her as she passed Kilala to Honou and ran after her. She was thankful that the hanyou had stopped and waited for her. Then both went their way into the forest.
 
“Hot spring.” Inukuro whispered.
 
Honou looked over the boy, quirking an eye brow, but said nothing. No doubt that the hanyou could smell the steam from the water, its no wonder Mira stopped here. Although she was half demon, like her dad, she still possessed her mother's kind spirit. And just because it doesn't show as much as her look of indifference, she does show it if you looked hard enough. Honou went over to a tree and pulled out the sword that rested on his hip. Cutting a few limbs.
 
Inukuro heard the branches fall to the ground, hearing the leaves float and crackle on the breezes gentle melody.
 
“So what's your story?” Honou asked.
 
“Thought I explained it.” The male hanyou breathed.
 
“I know, but now's your chance to fully explain without the girls around.”

“You make it sound like it's a bad thing if they hear things like it.” Inukuro sat down on the ground and rested his hands behind his head, and closed his eyes.
 
~Girls~

Mira walked in silence, only focusing on the path in front of her. Saya decided to try and get the young hanyou to open up and try to get her to trust her and her brother, as well as their new friend.
 
“Mira…?” Saya tried to say something, but she knew that Mira was deep in thought… the thought of killing someone who had killed family, it burned pretty deeply.
 
“Things will be alright.” Mira whispered, as she looked over her shoulder. A soft smile passed on her face.
 
Saya smiled in return and nodded once. Minutes went by, and soon enough Saya saw steam rise up from behind the trees. And her face lit up, as she giggled with glee and ran to the edge of the trees.
 
Mira sighed and shook her head, “You knew it was here, didn't you?” Saya asked when she walked passed her.
 
“We could use a break.” Was her reply, “And I need to get the blood stains out of my kimono.” She extended her arms, showing the crimson discolor that still interrupted her blue color all over.

Saya looked down at her own, noting that it too, could use a good wash before continuing on.
 
“There is a village at the foot of the mountain, we can restock there.” Mira said as she started shedding her clothing, Saya followed.

Mira stepped into the shallow heat, setting her self on the edge, where shallow met deep, letting her legs fall over the side. Then she put her head back against the boulder behind her.
 
Saya stared at her for a minute, gazing at the scars that had formed over the past few days. But there were no others on her pale skin. Under the moon, Mira's skin seemed to glow, even her hair did. She was a beauty, hanyou or not.
 
Mira could feel Saya's gaze on her, “Something bothering you?” She asked, catching Saya's attention.
 
She smiled, “No its nothing. I was just thinking of things.” She said with a saddened tone in the end.
 
Mira's eye's dragged down across the scars on Saya's body, especially the burn on her arm. Drooping further down, she started thinking about that thing… that power, Honou used.
 
“I don't have it.” Saya said, snapping Mira out of her daze.
 
“Huh?”

”You were looking at my right arm. The wind tunnel you witnessed my brother use, was passed down from my father. Only passed down through males I guess.” She said, “Mother said I was lucky. Being the daughter of the monk Miroku and not posses the air void like him. Hell, mother says that he's lucky to be living at this age.” Saya's voice was starting to become laced with sadness and fear.
 
`She's afraid of losing her brother and her father… I don't blame her.' Mira thought to herself as she looked off in to the growing darkness in the forest around them.
 
“Soon.” She said.
 
“Huh?” Saya asked as she wiped away the tears that dared to fall down her face.
 
“We will defeat Naraku. And remove your family from this curse.”

This seemed to lighten up Saya's face, knowing that Mira really did care, and wasn't a coldhearted person like she knew her uncle could be.
 
“Hai, soon.”

“Together.” “Together.” They said in unison, and a vow was made.
 
“Naraku had taken much from us.” Mira said as she stood, her skin red from the hot water.
 
Saya did the same, “Now it's out turn to finish what our parents had started.”
 
AN Sorry it took a while to update, but its hard when your on a writers block, well, now I'm back…. Problem is, I NEED REVIEWS PEOPLE. I would really like it if you guys did so, just to let me know how I'm doing. Keep reading and see what happens with this group. Well, until next chapter. TAH