InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not letting you go ❯ Telephone Blues ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N WOW! I GOT 13 REVIEWS IN JUST ONE DAY! NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE… SO I TAKE IT THAT EVERYONE LIKES THIS STORY MORE THAN MY LAST ONE? IF SO, SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PIECE, CAUSE I MIGHT JUST FOCUS ALL OF MY ATTENTIONS ON THIS ONE STORY! ENJOY!
 
DISCLAIMER: DON'T OWN INUYASHA
 
CHAPTER 2
 
 
Sesshomaru began to play with his keys, thinking about what to do. Should he go to Kagome's house and give her a present as a sign of apology, or should he just wait for her to call him…
 
The phone ringing caught his attention, and he was delighted when he looked at his caller ID and saw that it was Kagome.
 
He picked up the phone, and pretended that he didn't know that it was her, for the great Sesshomaru can't make it seem as if he was waiting for his girlfriend to call, “Hello, Sesshomaru Takahashi.”
 
There was a pause before she finally responded, “Sesshomaru, we got to talk…”
 
Those words are the words that both man and boy dreads to hear, it means that he will be told something that he doesn't want to hear… what time is it?
 
Looking at the clock he noticed that it was nine thirty…
 
“Kagome, what is it that you wish to speak to me of?” what is going on at nine thirty, what is so important…?
 
“It's about our relationship… I think that we need a break, Sessh…”
 
The keys that were in his hands dropped to the floor with a jingle, but he paid it no heed.
 
“Why do you feel this way?” calm down, deep breaths.
 
“Because we seem to not communicate anymore Sessh.” She sounded resolved about her decision.
 
Sitting up straighter on the couch he moved his hand through his hair to pull it back, “We are communicating now, are we not?”
 
He heard a shuddering breath on her side of the line, “Yes we are, on my terms.”
 
Suddenly angry he snapped back, “What is that supposed to mean, Kagome?”
 
When she replied, she sounded sad, “Sesshomaru, you never talk to me, and I am not going to stay in a relationship when it is only one sided…”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“What do I mean?” she gave a harsh laugh that made him flinch, “When was the last time we went out together and you actually made it on time?”
 
He didn't answer.
 
Sesshomaru then heard a shuddering sigh before she spoke again, “I just don't think that we are working out Sesshomaru…”
 
“You are going to just forget the seven years that we have been together?”
 
“I wasn't the one who forgets Sesshomaru, it's you who does that very nicely.”
 
The silence between them was deafening, when he finally spoke, “Why didn't you speak to me about this face to face, instead of talking to me about it through a stupid contraption?!” he didn't mean to raise his voice, but he felt something that he hadn't felt in a while; hurt.
 
“I tried to talk to you about this over coffee, but you yet again didn't show up.”
 
He looked down to see a piece of paper that showed what he was suppose to be doing at nine thirty…
 
“Tonight, Sesshomaru, you were suppose to take me out to our place for dinner, but I guess you forgot that as well, didn't you?” her accusation made him both angered and saddened, but anger won.
 
“I can take you out any other time, Kagome… why is this one time so important?”
 
All he heard was her silent gasp before he heard a sniffle, meaning that she was crying.
 
When he was about to ask what was wrong, he was met by the words that gave him the information that he wanted, but also the statement that he dreaded.
 
“Today was our eighth anniversary… It's over, good bye.”
 
He then hung up the phone, stood up, walked to his bedroom, closed the door, and began to take the advise that Rin gave him not too long ago…
 
He began to redecorate his bedroom, only she didn't imply to do that by tearing everything in that room apart.