InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not letting you go ❯ Memory Lane ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N WOW! I LOVE ALL OF THE REVIEWS THAT I HAVE BEEN GETTING! CONTINUE PLEASE CONTINUE!
 
DISCLAIMER: DON'T OWN INUYASHA
 
CHAPTER 3
 
 
Sesshomaru was sitting on his bed after he realized he hated his bedroom and destroyed everything insight, but couldn't seem to destroy the picture that held Kagome and him when they were younger, when they were together.
 
His shoulders slumped, he then felt something a kin to lost, and he lost her. The one girl, no, woman that he came to care for other than his mother, yes he remembered all the times he wasn't able to make it to his dinner arrangement with her because he was busy, all the times he let her down when he said that he would go to her archery competitions, which he only went to them once, and all of the tournaments she won.
 
Falling onto his back he began to try to sleep.
 
Only to find that he couldn't.
 
“Damn it!” there was a sudden bang coming from his door where Sesshomaru's whiskey coated the door, the dark liquid's color dripping down the side, staining the white door on its way.
 
`Not smart Sesshomaru…'
 
`Shut up.'
 
He stood and went to go to the kitchen to grab a cloth, and stopped where he stood when he saw a certain something on his refrigerator, it was another picture, but it wasn't just any other picture.
 
In the picture held a girl who looked to be in her late teens, eighteen more precisely, that was standing on a brick wall, much like a gymnast on a balance beam that is regaining her poise. It looked to be spring with the flowers sprouting out at the bottom of the wall, with a tall oak tree giving a shade. And here Sesshomaru was, remembering this day, like it was yesterday.
 
It was the day she told him she loved him…
 
FLASHBACK
 
“Sesshomaru!” Kagome had that huff look on her face as she glared at him from underneath her bangs that were partially covering her eyes, “ Stop playing with the camera and help me.”
 
He just simply gave his smirk and took one last picture of her before depositing himself on the picnic blanket and looked over the hills.
 
They had situated themselves so that they were on a hill with flowers everywhere, since Kagome chose were they were, he thought that it was because of the flowers or the romantic view around them…
 
“Isn't it peaceful?”
 
He glanced at her without moving his head then went back to his thoughts before responding, “Yes it is.”
 
He internally winced at his short answer, thinking that since she went through the trouble he could at least have gave her the sort of answer that a boyfriend should. Boyfriends would have nodded silently and cuddled with his girlfriend, showing HOW romantic they believe it is; not act like a robot all the time.
 
But, he is the great Sesshomaru and won't correct himself.
 
He froze up when he felt her lean on his shoulder. She heaved a sigh before nuzzling against him for a few seconds before stopping and leaned up only to kiss his cheek.
 
“Sesshomaru?”
 
He didn't answer right away because he was still experiencing the small butterflies in his stomach from her actions; damn, I'm twenty-one years old, not some immature schoolboy!
 
“Yes Kagome?” he began to resist the urge to just lean toward her and gently tuck that stray strand on her cheek behind her ear.
 
“There is a reason as to why I wanted to take you here…” she stopped and looked at him, biting her sweet, luscious, bottom lip, as if tempting him…
 
“Hmmm?” his sound of acknowledgement sounded more like a growl as his stare just stayed on her lips.
 
A blush dusted her cheeks as she quickly coughed politely as if to hide her embarrassment before speaking again, “Well the reason is because I have to tell you something's…”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Well for starters, this was were my father took me, when we would play together with my baby brother, Sotah,” a somber expression entered her eyes while she took a shuddering breath before continuing, “before he died.”
 
She began to tell him all about the cancer that he had, he believed that she said something about it being lung cancer, and about how hard it was on her family before she stopped, and lightly began to sniffle.
 
“I'm sorry,” she strated to wipe the tears out of her eyes with the bottom of her shirt, “it still hurts you know?” she looked at him and laughed a small laugh that reminded him of small bells, “you know what is funny? We have been dating for like what… almost a year? And all ready, all ready I have these deep feelings for you!” she stood and began to twirl, “it almost feels as if it is still a dream,” she stopped to look at him, the wind took her hair, giving her the look of an angel. She then kneeled down in front of him and looked into his eyes with a small smile teasing her lips, “and I found that, even if this could quite possibly be a dream, a dream that I never want to wake up, that I love you more than anything else in the world.” She stopped and looked at him, the way she stared showed that she wanted him to say something.
 
He searched her eyes to see what she wanted him to reply with before he felt a high vibration on the shoulder pocket of his white dress shirt that he was wearing, and found that it was his phone.
 
And without apologizing, he answered, and ignored the look of disappointment in her eyes.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
His fist hit the wall, leaving a small indent as he tried to relieve the guilt that he felt, the lost, the pain, the agony. And all of this for what; Her!
 
After assessing the damage that he had down to his wall, he went over to his little mini bar to poor himself another drink. After opening the bottle, he stopped, and dropped the cap to the floor.
 
“I love her…” he loved her, the woman who hates cheese and yet loves pizza, the woman who would rather die than walk alone in the dark hallways of her apartment, the woman that loves loud noises and quiet settings, the girl that opened his cold heart and thawed it just by smiling at him. He loved her, and he lost her.
 
He sank down against the cabinet doors to the ground, all the while he kept on looking at the picture on the refrigerator, and his mind began to replay all the messed up things that he did…
 
“Kagome,” he said in a whisper full of determination, “you better god damn believe in second chances, cause whether you like it or not,” a smile came to his face when he finished, “you are going to give this Sesshomaru one.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A/N SORRY! TO TIRED TO CONTINUE! PLEASE REVIEW AND I MIGHT UPDATE BY TOMORROW!