InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not letting you go ❯ Fireworks ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N I JUST LOVE THE REVIEWS AND ALL OF THE APPRECIATION ALONG WITH IT! AND TO THINK THAT THIS IS JUST MY SECOND FAN FIC! LOVE THE IDEAS, SO JUST KEEP ON BRINING THEM IN!
 
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN INUYASHA, BUT I DO OWN THIS NEW CHARACTER…
 
CHAPTER 4
 
 
After Kagome had hung up the phone, she just did the one thing that a girl in her position would do; she laid down on her comfy bed and cried into her pillows. It was almost midnight when she finally quieted down and went to sleep.
 
The sudden beeping sound of her alarm clock woke her up at six in the morning. She groggily turned the annoying object off, and just slipped back in her bed.
 
`I guess this is it,' she thought sadly, `he's not mine, and I'm not his…'
 
She rolled onto her back and looked at her dismal white ceiling, unconsciously touching her lips as more tears gathered into her eyes.
 
`He was my first kiss…'
 
FLASHBACK
 
She was eighteen years old, and she was on her fourth date with Sesshomaru and was spending it at the county fair.
 
As always, she was the one to suggest it, since this was the last day for the fair to be in town, and they were going to have fireworks at the end.
 
They walked through the crowd, holding hands as Kagome ate at her cotton candy. While walking, she looked at all the game booths, and stopped right when she saw a huge stuffed white dog as one of the prizes.
 
“Sessh!” she insistently tugged at the sleeve of his dress shirt to get his attention, “can we please play at that booth? I want that dog there.”
 
The look on his face made her think that he was about to say no so she added a puppy dogface, including a singsong, “Please?”, before he gave an over exaggerated sigh and walked towards the direction her finger was still pointing at.
 
Sitting on a stool inside of the game booth was a greasy old man that had a two day old beard, and was wearing a yellowish stained muscle shirt with brown stains around his armpit area, and with his yellow teeth and cigar filled smile he welcomed them, “Hello there!” he spoke with a husky, unhealthy accent and spread his hands as if to show them that this is it folks before continuing, “the rules of the game are simple, a dollar per ball, and you can go three balls for one chance. The goal for you is to throw at the triangle of bottles right there and get a prize!” after he was done speaking, the man began to cough on his hand, wiped it on his baggy behind and extended his hand to Sesshomaru, who suddenly raised his eyebrow at the mans gesture, giving him the look that said, `Don't even think about it.” The man just gave an embarrassed chuckle before retracting his hand back to his person.
 
There was an uncomfortable silence before he spoke, “I was about to say that my name was Earl, and how many balls would you like?”
 
Sesshomaru seemed to be assessing the bottles on the stand before he spoke in his arrogant voice, “I'll buy one.”
 
The guy seemed to have a shocked look on his face, before he replied, “Umm… you do know that this is kind of hard, and that if you want to win a prize for you pretty lady there,” he paused long enough to give me look, I shivered in disgust, “then you ought to get at least two.”
 
Sesshomaru looked as though he was insulted before he grabbed a dollar and shoved it onto the board in front of us with a bang, before speaking through a growl, “I know what I want, and I know what I can do, so give me my money's worth and get me that damned ball.”
 
Earl looked shocked to say the least, so he just bent down a grabbed one ball and stood straight up again, “Well, here ya go, bud, hit `em with your best shot.” And with that he took a step away from Sessh's throwing range, afraid that he might have angered the young fellow that is now his customer.
 
Looking at the ball in his hand, and tossing it into the air a few times, Sesshomaru then took a pitchers stance, pulled back… and then WHAM, right when the ball left his hand, ALL of the bottles toppled to the ground.
 
“Woo Hoo!” the man looked tickled, “Hot dog boy! Now that is what I call an arm!” He grinned a bigger grin and stood up from his stool in the corner to walk on over to the prize rack, “Now then, which one do you want?”
 
Sesshomaru gave me a sidelong look that said; `decide' and I told the man that I wanted the white one.
 
After unhooking the giant fluffy dog, he walked over to me and handed it and after giving me a, `here ya are girly' he went back to his next customers.
 
I hugged the dog toy to my body tightly, enjoying the soft feel of the fake fur and fluffiness that the toy held.
 
“Kagome…”
 
I snapped my head up and gave Sesshomaru an apologetic smile, “I'm sorry Sessh… I guess that I was so in love with your prize that I didn't think, thank you.” I gave him a genuine smile and suddenly felt a little bit nervous at the look he gave me, it looked as if he was trying to get inside of my head, so I tried to find a distraction, “Uh… Hey look! Ice cream! Lets go-“
 
Being tugged into your boyfriends arms in a crushing grip can make you stop speaking, especially if your boyfriend was hotter than fire.
 
“Umm…” I instantly felt my cheeks heat up, I had never been this close to Sesshomaru's person at all, ever, and here I was, just standing there with no barriers whatsoever, other than the stuff animal in my arms, “Sessh, what are you…?”
 
“I believe that you owe me something for my services.” He said this in his arrogant voice, and a smirk on his face before he leaned down to take my lips in a soul searing kiss.
 
Right when our lips met, we later found out that Earl's booth was right next to where all of the fireworks were kept, and so when he threw his cigar out, it landed where the fireworks were.
 
So whenever anyone had asked me how was my first kiss, I always told them this.
 
Fireworks went up, literally.
 
END FLASHBACK
 
A strangled cry came from Kagome before she turned back onto her side and squeezed the stuff white dog to her chest all the more tightly as she wallowed more in her sadness of her heart being broken.
 
Why should I feel this broken? I mean, we were together for six years, he never tried to take our relationship to the next level… maybe I was just a girl that he used for fun…
 
No, Sesshomaru wouldn't do that… would he, I mean, even though he forgot our anniversary, doesn't mean that I am worthless to him, does it?
 
With that thought in her head, she stood up from her bed and looked at her clock.
 
Six thirty.
 
Giving a small sigh, she turned picked up the phone and dialed a very familiar number.
 
Waiting for her call to be picked up, she heard a tired male voice speak
“Hello, Crispin McBain, please state why you are calling me at such an ungodly hour and I may not castrate you on the spot, but if you are calling a wrong number, so help me god-“
 
“Hey Crispin, Sesshomaru and I broke up.