InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not letting you go ❯ Proposal and Brotherly fights ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT HAD TO WAIT FOR MY STORY TO ARRIVE, BUT I HAVE BEEN REALLY BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND ALL, AND I SHOULD BE DOING MY STUPID ESSAY RIGHT NOW ON ROMEO AND JULIET, BUT HECK, WHY SHOULD I KEEP MY FANS WAITING? I WOULD LIKE TO RIGHT NOW ASK IF I SHOULD DO A LEMON FOR MY STORY, CAUSE IT CROSSED MY MIND AND I WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD. SO TELL ME IF I SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T.
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN INUYASHA… BUT I DO OWN MY OWN MADE UP CHARACTERS…
CHAPTER 5
“God damn that bastard!” Crispin McBain abbreviated his anger with a bang of his fist on Kagome's kitchen counter, “If I knew where he lives Kagome…”
Giving her head a small shake no, she got up and went to place her empty plate and coffee cup in the sink, “There's nothing to do about it Cris.” She gave a small melancholy sigh as she began to wash the dishes silently, “Just have to move on I guess.”
After calling Crispin up, and him swearing on the phone for a bit, he quickly went on over to her house to try and cheer her up. Crispin was her friend since she started visiting her aunt Kaede's house for the summer at Ireland. And ever since she gave him his first peek at what girls think, he was following her around and became her brand new friend that also had a cool accent.
“O hell yes you are going to move on!” Crispin gave an odd smile, and a twinkle came to his dark blue eyes that led Kagome to believe that he was planning something.
“What are you going to do Crispin?”
With a small chuckle he pushed himself away from the counter that he was leaning on and walked towards her, while walking, he spoke, “We can all ready say that you and Sesshomaru are no longer together, correct?” he then circled her like he was inspecting an art piece, and after her positive, timidnod, he continued, “And that he never paid attention to you before, correct?”
Although it was painful, she agreed.
“Then… since you are not his, let us show it, by you becoming my wife.”
The look on Kagome's face was priceless. She was looking at him as though he had gone crazy and grew five heads, and when she spoke, she sounded as though a frog was in her throat.
“What?”
Sitting in his office for the entire world to see, was Sesshomaru, who looked the epiphany of a disaster. His hair hung at his shoulders in disarray, his tie was loosened to show an expanse of his throat, including his Adam's apple, his blue dress shirt was wrinkled, and his eyes were blood shot from the lack of sleep. And in his right hand, he held something that all men would drink at a crucial time like his; a glass of Jack Daniels.
He continued his typing and searching for the perfect gift to achieve Kagome's forgiveness and to win back their relationship, but couldn't find a thing that could quite possibly help him in his dire need for it.
With a growl, he closed the twentieth site that he was on. Leaning back in his chair, he rubbed his hand over his face for a moment before beginning his search for the gift of forgiveness again, at least attempted it before he was rudely interrupted by none other than his younger, good for nothing is working for me only because he can't hold a job with his stupidity, half brother.
“What is it you-“
“You forgot didn't you, you bastard!”
“…want.”
Right after Inuyasha finished his sentence he began to rant and rave obscenities in Sesshomaru's direction.
“I swear, how could you do it?”
Not knowing what his idiotic brother was speaking of, Sesshomaru had to ask, “Do what little brother?”
“Forget your anniversary!” the look on his face was accusing before he continued in a more sarcastic tone of voice, “I mean, I noticed that it has gotten so busy here,” he paused to scoff in his brothers direction, “but if you keep this up she will break up with you, considering she came to me and asked me-“
“What did she ask, and what did you say?”
The tone of Sesshomaru's voice was enough to freeze an active volcano, and it was strong enough to interrupt Inuyasha and cause him to swallow a lump in his throat because of the evil glare his older brother was giving him.
“She asked if you loved her- ah!”
Inuyasha was suddenly pinned to the wall, how his brother was able to move that fast, he couldn't tell, all he saw was his life flashing before his eyes, his vision ending at the present, with his brother standing in front of him.
When Sesshomaru finally spoke again, it was through clenched teeth, “And what, pray tell, baby brother did you say?”
Sesshomaru noticed that Inuyasha was debating whether or not to tell him, before he gave his younger sibling a tight squeeze to his throat to show that he was impatient.
“Hey! Not too tight there!” another squeeze fallowed, “Ok...ok!” Inuyasha was now weezing, “I… said… that… cough, cough… I… di..dn't… think… s..o”
Right when Inuyasha was finished, Sesshomaru roughly threw him down onto the ground with a growl before he calmed himself down to speak again.
“Thank you Little Brother.”
Inuyasha blinked a few times at the sarcasm in Sesshomaru's voice before he spoke in his own sarcastic tone, “And why are you showing gratitude to me… Dear older brother?”
Giving a harsh bark of a laugh Sesshomaru merely stood there glaring at his brother before he spoke again. “For ruining my life.”
He smiled an almost sad smile before continuing, “Let's face it Kagome, we aren't getting any younger, and I do want a family when I am ready, and I can't help but fell that I am ready NOW. The only thing is, there isn't a woman out there that makes me want to stay in the same room as her for more than two minutes. So far I have been in this kitchen with you for…” he paused and looked at the cat clock on her wall for a second, “twenty five minutes and sixteen seconds. So what do you say?”
Kagome just plopped onto the kitchen table chair before she let his words soak in, `We aren't getting any younger…' isn't that the truth. She had friends that were married all ready, and their husbands and themselves dated no more than three years. On their fifth year of being together, Kagome confronted Sesshomaru about it, asking if he was going to marry her or if they were just going nowhere. His answer was direct, honest, and hurtful.
`I do not plan to marry as of yet, and do not wish to discuss this matter further. If you will excuse me, I must get to a meeting. I will see you tonight.'
What am I waiting for anyways? She already knew that answer, Sesshomaru. She was waiting for him to come and apologize once in his stoic life, just to come and make her feel better, to make her feel as she did when they were just starting to date, happy.
She remembered those times dearly, how he would surprise her in the school halls with a single deep red roses, and he just stood there, looking both genuine and sexy, and in his eyes, it showed an arrogant look, saying `look what I got.'
Kagome realized that her Irish friend was waiting for her answer before she took a deep sigh and answered.
A/N REVIEW!