InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Broken Hearts and Renewal ❯ Prologue: How it all began ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Of Broken Hearts and Renewal~

Hey Suki here and this is a new Fic for you all…..Well this is actual my second ! My first one is a one shot so I might put it up later. All of my published ones are at ff.net. Oh by the way this might have short chappies!It depends on my mood.

Summary: Our Story is of a boy and girl. Two opposites that can't live without the other. somehow the boy "dies" but promises to come back. The girl ,depress, returns to her own time, forgetting her quest. Visiting now and then to the Feudal era. Now in sophomore, Kagome meets him again. Perhaps a promise unbroken?

Chapter 1:

17-year-old Kagome, now in her junior year, looked up at the smog filled sky.

"Feudal Japan has a more clearer and beautiful sky than here," Kagome thought. She has just come out of the well from visiting her friends from the feudal era. When she came out of the well the others greeted her cheerfully, but they could still sense that she was still depressed from the Incident a few years ago. She sighed. Shippou still hadn't come back when she went back there. He had left after the Incident, and only visited once a little after. After that they never saw him again. The last things he told Kagome was that to have hope and all will be okay. Those words made her feel better. It made her actually believe from the way he looked with earnest in his eyes.

" I hope he's okay," Thought Kagome.

She still was depressed so much from that Incident. All her friends thought her boyfriend dumped her and she just went with it. They kept trying to give her blind dates but… Kagome couldn't even go behind his back. Even if he was dead. Tears were threatening to come out of her eyes. She still remembered everything so clearly…

*Flashback *

Kagome and Inuyasha had just come into a cavern while Miroku, Sango, and Shippou stayed back. The cave was emitting pure evil from its cavern, but Kagome had felt a very strong jewel in there. It seemed like the whole jewel itself. They had a hunch Naraku might be in there from the entire evil aura surrounding the cavern. Kagome and Inuyasha moved carefully since they were the only ones who could with stand the evil aura, but still felt a bit of lightheadedness. It seemed very hard to breath since the oxygen was so thin in the deeper parts of the cavern. It was so thick also. Some musky scent…

"Inuyasha I have a bad feeling about this," Kagome whispered. It seemed like if you spoke so loud it would echo and they didn't want to startle anyone, yet." Maybe we should move back?"

"No, and let that bastard escape us when we're this close?" Inuyasha whispered back hoarsely.

"But I don't have a good feeling about this. It seems as if this cave is emitting something bigger and greater than Naraku. There seem to be 3 auras. Not just 2 but three."

"Obviously, the mountain, the shard and Naraku." Inuyasha said in his oh-so-wonderful logic.

"I thought mountains don't have auras unless they `re LIVING."

"Like I care." Inuyasha shrugged.

" But the auras. It seems like there are 2 Shikon jewels not shard and a powerful being is here also. It seems as if the shard or jewels are emitting the evil. Not the being." Kagome whispered back.

" Kagome even I can feel the power from it. The evilness. And it really feels like Naraku's and the jewel. Maybe he corrupted it more. All I care is to get the jewel and kill that Bastard." Inuyasha replied getting annoyed.

"But- " Kagome said but was interrupted by Inuyasha.

"Shh….. we're getting closer. Look there it is. On that…. alter?"

Yes, indeed it was an alter with a pearly pink stone on a silk cloth and as true as Kagome guessed it was the thing emitting the evil aura.

"It's so powerful," Kagome whispered slowly and in awe.

Inuyasha crept up closer towards it, mesmerized, forgetting about the girl below him. He moved slowly towards the stone, which seemed the only thing in that part of the cavern that was a light. Inuyasha carefully moved up the stairs, towards and jewel and reached out his hand basking in the power…. and evil.

"Inuyasha…..what are you doing?? Don't go near it!" Kagome tried to yell but only managed to whimper. It seemed as if the jewel and its evil aura was inflicting some kind of invisible pain towards her. It started around her stomach and then her stomach went numb. Then it slowly moved around her body inflicting pain then numbness.

"Inu…Inuyasha…," Kagome cried in pain, clutching her stomach. " Don't touch it! Don't…."

Inuyasha just ignored her. He then slowly, ever so slowly moved towards the stone…then he covered his hands around it and snatched it away.

" Kagome…this….this is wonderful…it's so powerful…I don't need the jewel if I posses this much power. I can kill an army of Naraku's and Sesshoumaru's with this." Inuyasha said musingly. He had a glint in his eyes that scared Kagome. A wild glint.

" Inuyasha….stop….let's go…. I don't fell so good…that jewel….you have to crush it! It's gonna…it's gonna…" Kagome whispered but then the pain started towards her head. "Inuyasha….Inuyasha…please help me…it…it hurts…..so much….You've got to crush it…if not…I…I…" Kagome doubled over. The pain was unbearable now…it hurt to speak…..it hurt to breath….it hurt to blink…..It seemed as if…as if this jewel wanted her to shut up.

" No, Kagome! You don't know how much this means to me. I ..I can be free now…I can be a demon. No more taunting…..no more teasing!! I- " Just then Inuyasha realized something…this jewel it was…it was trying ….it had a voice…yes, the jewel was telling him these things….enticing him… he looked uncertainly over at Kagome….She was in pain…and he stood there like a mad man doing nothing…"Kagome…" Inuyasha whispered and quickly ran over to her with the jewel still in his hand.

The closer he got the more the pain came to her…..the jewel…he was still holding that fucking jewel.

"No Inuyasha! Stay back…the jewel …the jewel….keep it away!" Kagome yelled with all her strength slamming herself against the cavern walls. " It…it hurts …so…bad…"

Inuyasha stopped dead in his tracks…..the jewel…the jewel. The more he thought about the jewel…the more he became lost. He was suppose to do something with it….It was doing something wrong…to who??….Kagome…and it was…it was…Inuyasha couldn't think….voices…..a girls voice and another voice…a neutral voice…telling him to what….to…to….

"Inuyasha…what's wrong?" Kagome asked at the frowning and in distressed Hanyou.

That voice...Kagome…the jewel was…the jewel was…trying to harm Kagome….he had to. had to ……destroy it?? But…it was so powerful…..no that was the jewel talking…he had to crush it….now…before…before what??

"Why won't these voices stopped??" Inuyasha shouted at the top of his lungs letting the jewel fall on the ground with a clink.

Then he remembered. He had to destroy the jewel for Kagome's sake because it was…trying to harm her.

"In-Inu…Inuyasha?…what's happening to you??" Kagome asked half terrified and half bewilderment.

"That jewel…it's making me hard to think," Inuyasha said.

" No….I mean…your legs…they're…they're…disappearing."

"What?" Inuyasha yelled. He looked frantically at his legs. He was disappearing into the jewel. "Kagome?" Inuyasha asked as if he was a lost child. Right then Kagome was numb….all over….but there was this terrible buzzing in her head. She tried to stand up. She couldn't. She crawled over. Her left hand dragging her slowly towards Inuyasha while her feet pushed her a few inches.

"Inuyasha…you're…"

"Kagome, no! don't come near me! you might get sucked in too!"

"Inuyasha…" Kagome couldn't think…all she could muster was she had to get to Inuyasha…she just had too…

"No, stupid wench! Stay back!!"

"Inuyasha…" The closer she got the more the buzzing throbbed…..it was hurting her too much….but No. She Must Go On.

She finally got there after Inuyasha protested for quite awhile.

"Inuyasha…." Kagome said Affectionately. Inuyasha crouched down closer to her since she could barely whisper. "It…hurts…Inuyasha….The…pain …it hurts…"

Right then Inuyasha was half disintegrated…Kagome then realized it.

"Inuyasha?" Kagome said meekly.

"I know…I'm disappearing…"

"But…you can't…the quest isn't done….and …and.." Inuyasha put his finger on her lips.

"Kagome...if you haven't noticed…I'm um….disappearing."

Kagome was crying," But I don't want you to die!" Kagome clung to what was left of him.

"Kagome...if I can accept this in a matter of minutes I bet you can too….wherever it leads me…"

"Inuyasha...you can't leave! Don't you dare leave me!" Kagome clung to him tighter." I don't know what I'd do."

"Kagome," Inuyasha said grimly, " I…I'm sorry...but you can see I can't get out of it this time."

" But…you can't go and leave me now…..please don't go! You can't leave me! I…I don't know what I'd do without you here anymore…I…don't want you to leave me now."

"Kagome…please understand…don't be so stubborn…I just can't stay with you any longer…maybe next life time….maybe the guy in the sky will let it be."

"T-then promise you'll comeback! Promise me you'll come back." Kagome said while clutching his shirt tightly.

"Kagome …I don't know…" Inuyasha looked at her eyes. The looked so sad and helpless. She suffering so much pain but worry about me…

"I…I promise Kagome…" He was about to disappear all together, now.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome sobbed out his name trying to cling on to him as if , if she kept a good hold of him….he couldn't disappear yet.

"Kagome….."Inuyasha said distantly…you could barely see his face now.

"I really do care for you……" Said a distant voice of Inuyasha's.

Then he disappeared.

"INUYASHA!" a choked sob cry could be heard echoing in the cavern.

~End~

Inuyasha…..whispered Kagome.

You still haven't come back like you promised. Kagome thought. Y'no? I was going to ask you to my school dance that same day after the mission. But…but now I can't even ask you or talk to you anymore. Kagome was about to cry.

But the past was the past and memories can't be forgotten…………..

Okay that's chapter one. It was 10 pages long in my Microsoft words. In 18 size. This is like a prologue thing K? So read and review.plz. I think that was a good chapter. Well plz review…I'd like one atleast plz…I'm gonna be either writihng antoher chapter next…..who knoes……maybe another fic? See yeaz!!

~Suki`