InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Broken Hearts and Renewal ❯ Bystanders ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Of Broken Hearts and Renewal~

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.

A/N: well I decided to write another chapter and I've decided where this fic shalt be going. And yes……I would like a review plz. Itsa just I need to repair sum of the first chapter.

Also: I LOVE THIS SITE NOW!!!

It doesn't ruin my writing format and there is actually some italix!!!! I'm so happy!!! Well on with the fic!

Of Broken Hearts and Renewal

Chapter 3: Meant to be

It was suppose to be a happy ending.

It was suppose to be a feudal fairy tale.

They were supposed to be together.

But fate betrayed her again.

Just like it did with her dad.

Just like it did with her grandma.

And she hated it.

She loathed it.

She felt NOTHING for it.

Kagome kicked the fence. She let go of her death grip on the fence. She looked over to her classmates. They were in P.E. Everyone was already in position. Everyone wearing the same P.E. clothes as of the beginning of freshmen. Her hair was always tied up in a high ponytail. She was supposed to bat next.

She didn't feel like it.

She then walked away. Like I really care for this any more Kagome thought to herself shrewdly. She made an excuse telling her teacher it was the time of the month and she had this horrid cramp. Teachers were such suckers.

Kagome walked slowly towards the lockers. This was a normal typical day at school. Who really cared? Except Kagome wasn't a typical girl. She had been transported to Feudal Japan in a well for friggin sakes! She slammed her fist at the lockers. Which made a dent. She looked slyly around…no one saw right…and oh crap…this was Rei's locker too………well Rei didn't have to know. Kagome started to move on to her joint locker to get her clothes. Phys. Ed. was about to end in 20 minutes right? Then the school nurse had to pass by. She stopped in mid-stride and looked at Kagome.

"Kagome dear, look what you did to the locker and your hand! Maybe you should come with me and take some of that vaccine we've been mentioning. You know you've suffered many illnesses these past years. Or on second thought maybe you should just go home. You do look ill and tired and you're sweating. Yes, as your school nurse I must make sure you get taken care of," The nurse said.

Oh great, even if her gramps made up those sicknesses didn't mean that she was still sick. Great, they all still remember.

"Yes, ma'am," Kagome replied obediently. Maybe missing school wasn't so bad. Besides she did need to take Miroku and Sango to that festival today. Maybe R and R will help her.

Kagome followed the bustling nurse towards the office where the nurse would call her parents while she lay down and rest. Kagome lay down and started to reminisce, but before she could she did notice her face felt sticky with sweat. Maybe she'd just hop in the bathroom down the hall real quick and come back in time for her mom to pick her up. Heck she could just pretend she was delirious and was walking around if she were caught and get another few days off.

So off she went down the bathrooms and washing her face and for the first time she looked at herself. Really looked at herself. Is this what I've become? Kagome thought. Some moping teenage girl meant to be alone forever? Well I'll change that! No more sadness. I'll start a new. I will forget Inuyasha. I will forget. I will forget. I will forget….. Kagome said her mantra over and over in her head………but she couldn't…no never…….but she'd live...yes right now it was her goal to survive. Even without him. With that Kagome left the bathroom determinedly, but she soon slowed down to a staggered mournful walk.

Kami, she wasn't ever going to get over this.

~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome walked past the corner and bumped into some one.

"Oh sorry," Kagome said apologetically.

"You better-" the bell cut off he guy and a swarm of students came out of the classrooms taking him with them.

Heh. Kagome walked to the office. What a rude obnoxious guy. Kinda reminds me of him…. wait a minute…that voice…Kagome turned around but all she saw was papers on the ground and nothing more. Darn.

When she got to that office she was greeted with her mom coming up to her and doing those motherly ways. Feeling her head, asking her question, and same old same old. Then the nurse came up to her. "Oh there you were. Did you see where that new student went off too?? He was supposed to stay here and wait for me to get him a guide. I was hoping you might have felt better and could show him around the school but I guess your mother beat me to it and got here to bring you home.

"Yea, good ol' mom, " Kagome said but Kagome wasn't thinking of any of that. When she mentioned the new student and the boy…his voice…and…

"I…I promise Kagome…"

Maybe he had come back or maybe she was just imagining it.

"Are you sure honey? The nurse did say you should relax and rest," Kagome's mother said to her daughter.

"Mom, I need some fresh air! Besides doing this little itty bitty favor for you is what I really want to do….so I'll be back 30-45 min. tops." Kagome replied getting her shoes on and stepping out the door before grabbing her jacket.

"But honey I don't want you to- " But Kagome was not in hearing distance. She had already bolted out the door.

"Huh!" Kagome sighed. Getting rid of Mom was hard. Kagome thought. When her mom mentioned about not having enough sugar well Kagome didn't want to stay in that house and let her Grandfather console her about remedies and trying to get her to eat that……….lizard. So she automatically volunteered. So here she was walking briskly towards the store. She looked around her. This is why she loved this town. No one cared if you were to crouch down in the middle of the sidewalk and cry your heart out. Yep. No one really cared here. There were different people here. Some with normal color hair, others with pink, some red, some green, some blue, and there was a silver haired…wait a minute……..silver haired? Kagome snapped her neck towards that silvered haired person, but it had already moved away and Kagome shrugged. Maybe she just imagined it. Besides she heard silver was in nowadays.

When she got to the stored she quickly came over to the sugar aisle. She just realized if she didn't hurry up she wouldn't be able to greet her friends as the well. She was picking her moms favorite brand of sugar when on the other side of the counter she spotted silver hair? Again?? Was she really hallucinating? Well the only way to find out was to check it out for her self. She stealthily moved towards the other aisle. Creeping slowly and people around her ignoring her. Wow this was a great city! When she got there she quickly jumped out and looked around wildly. But no one was there. Darn. Sighing she started towards the cashier. She looked down at her feet. Man she was really loosing it. Gash, she really should stop. She was definitely loosing it. And why was the line taking so long? She looked up towards the counter. Ramen……..She looked slowly at the guy in front of her. No not white hair. Just really long for even a Japanese person to have black hair.

The guy moved on and a breeze followed him when he left and there was that familiar smell. She looked up at him again, but he had left the store. This could be him! She thought. Kagome ran quickly out of the store. But no he was not in sight and she retreated slowly back to the store. So much for a promise, eh?

Above a building stood a young man with long black tresses and deep violate blue eyes. That girl that just ran out of the story, he thought. He sensed her watching him. That was the same girl who bumped into him also….It's like wherever he went he would see that wench. But something about her enticed him.hmm…except something made him want to keep away from her too. But never mind that. He had to get home and help his little brother make his jell-o and he wanted to eat some ramen.

But that stupid girl was still on his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Kagome sighed. Maybe she was getting very delusional. She was very delusional. That was not Inuyasha. It couldn't be Inuyasha Kagome thought. She was just over worked and over depressed. Yea, that's right.

But that feeling kept tugging at her chest.

Why did she have to still remember him?? It really hurts.

Then she looked at her wristwatch. Shoot, she was gonna be late to meet the guys at the well. She dashed towards home forgetting for those few moments about Inuyasha and his suppose shadows.

"Kagome!" Sango waved cheerfully in the kitchen. She was wearing her usual kimono.

"Hello Kagome," Miroku waved also sitting on a chair while eating some cookies.

"Hi guys, sorry for not picking you up earlier, I lost my track of time," Kagome smiled sheepishly moving over to the plate of cookies. "Yum, these chocolate cookies look great!"

"They are," Miroku said in a mouthful of cookie.

Sango didn't say anything she was busy eating.

"So what time do you guys plan to go?" Mrs. Higurashi asked.

"Umm…..I think we're going to go soon anyways. Its already getting dark and we'll probably eat there also. I can't believe my schools holding this festival! Miroku and Sango will just fit right in!" Kagome replied.

"And what time do you guys plan to return?"

"'Till it ends……"

"Which is…."

"I think 11 through 12"

"Okay dear, but please be back by 11:30, I don't want to fret over too much,"

"Okay mom," Kagome replied, "Hey Sango, do you wan to get dress now? You do know I'm going to let you borrow a kimono, right?"

"Yea, let's get dressed," Sango said.

"Oh, Miroku you can play video games with my brother, he's in the living room," Kagome told Miroku before the girls bounded off to her room to get dressed.

"Come on Sango, just one more shade of pink!"

"I swear Kagome, put one more shade and I will be forced to hurt you."

"But just one more!"

"We've already been through 7 layers!"

"Well, eight is a good number."

"How bout you, all you got on is your kimono, I don't see any makeup," Sango countered while crossing her arms knowing that she won this fight.

"Oh yea, I'll just put on some lipgloss," Kagome said reaching for a tube.

"So are we ready my friend?"

"Oh yes we are, and if I do say so my self we look devilishly beautiful," Kagome grinned hooking her arm around Sango's.

"I agree my dearest friend and let us be off," and with that the two girls walked merrily on their way towards the stairs. Kagome in her lavender kimono with sakuras on it with a pink bow; and Sango with her blue kimono with orange designs with a red bow.

Miroku was in the middle of beating Souta when something at the corner of his eye caught his attention and obviously he would like to see. He turned his head over and his mouth dropped open. There stood Sango, his best friend, with her hair down and she, by far he should say, was the most beautiful angel ever. But Sango took his mouth gaping the wrong way.

She narrowed her eyes and said venomously, " And what are you gaping at houshi?"

Miroku stuttered trying to find the right words. " I-I……-clear throat- My dear Sango, you look quite beautiful this evening."

"That better be not a pick up line houshi," Sango said as icily as she could but could not help but blush.

Kagome was in the background giggling at this rare scene of emotions between the two. But she was a friend so she broke the silence, "so are you guys ready?? We could move on right now or I could let you two stare at each other for the next millennium or so." So maybe she wasn't such the most wonderfullest friend ever. Her comment made the others' blush shade into a deeper red. She made a note to herself right then and there: that night she was going to do whatever in her

"I-A-sure," Sango stuttered avoiding eye contact.

With the three, with 2 blushing red and one snickering while giggling went off. Kagome said good-bye to her mother before going and they left to her school.

The three friends arrived to a festival with many people and glowing lights. Their faces glowed with excitement at the scene before their eyes. The smell of popcorn, cotton candy, food, and sweat filled their nostrils.

"I want to go to the Ferris wheel!" Squealed Kagome.

"I want to go to the fortune teller's hut!" Miroku pointed.

"I want to go win some prizes!" Sango exclaimed.

In the end they all decided to go and buy the tickets to go on the rides first of all. When they were done they went to the merry-go-round because Sango and Miroku hadn't seen it the last time they went to a festival. Sango picked a beautiful jeweled unicorn, Miroku took the hippocampus next to her, and Kagome took a white dog lolling its tongue out. The couple was having a fun time together and this dog kind of made Kagome feel as if her special someone was there with her to enjoy.

Their next ride was the ferries wheel. Kagome made sure that the 2 were on it by them selves and picked one next to them that was unoccupied.

"Hey, can I sit here?"

"Uh…yea sure," The question startled Kagome out of her thoughts. The guy sat next to her but Kagome didn't really look at him. She was too focused with the couple below her. Then the ride began.

Kagome stayed there resting her arms on the pole and dangling her feet. (Couldn't find out what that thing was called.)

Kagome stood there basking in the thrill of going down in her stomach. It made her feel like butterflies were in it. The good butterflies. She closed her eyes. It would have been better with Inuyasha though she thought. Then the ride picked up speed. What the hell? Kagome thought. The ride was getting faster. Oh shoot, on shoot. Kagome's mind screamed. This was not good. Not good at all. She caught sign of the name of this demon ferries wheel. Ol' Pete. Okay didn't sound such a harmful title. Then she looked under the title, world's second fastest ferries wheel. No wonder the made she put on a seat belt and this pole.

And then Kagome remembered why she was panicking before. This was way too fast. She could go on merry-go-rounds and SLOW ferries wheels but not fast roller coasters. No the last time she got really scared she barfed and peed her pants. Also there was that thing of being stuck on the ride for the whole day. And the ride was called Demon Eye.

Kagome gripped her hands tighter on the pole. She prayed, she screamed, she was about to cry. Okay Kagome, Kagome coaxed herself in her head, you're a big girl. You can make it! Yes you can. But bile was rising in her mouth.

"OH KAMI! I'M GONNA DIE!"

She could feel the stranger next to her staring at her contently. But she closed her eyes too tight to know if she was right.

The stranger stared at her intently. Maybe he should comfort this girl. She was kind of freaking out and he did NOT want barf on his clothes or to smell like whatever she ate. Also she did look familiar………on second thought…wasn't this the girl-

"OH KAMI! I'M GONNA DIE!"

Yea he should. He didn't want to be blamed for not helping a girl. He started to pat her back. He put one arm around her shoulders and another around the opposite way. Like a side hug. He started to rub her shoulders gently and whispered to her about how it's just a ride and she'll live.

Kagome opened her eyes quickly but then shut it tight. This was too much. All she saw was a blur. Who did this stranger think he was?! What the hell! Then she heard him whisper about how it's just a ride and how she'll make it. But then again he was probably just helping her. Also that voice, he had a nice voice. It helped her calm down. Then the ride slowed down and he was holding her too long. Just then she remembered. WHO DID THIS GUY THINK HE WAS! HE WAS JUST A STRANGER…but then again…. she didn't se his face and he probably saw her in distress…but still…..Then her stomach a very funny sound and she could feel the dizziness sweeping it's course and the bile rising. She dashed off towards the exit and the bathroom.

"I feel sick!" She raced past everyone moving towards the bathroom.

"One every time" Said the operator of Ol' Pete.

Except, She forgot her hero back there still staring where she ran off.

Now he remembered it was that same girl who-

"Yo, dude been looking for yea man! Where have yea been? I lost you at the line."

"Aww, nothing man just went on a few rides,"

"But I did see you getting it on with that babe on the ride,"

"Whatever man, I was just comforting a girl who was gonna puke on me,"

"Yea right, I saw it in you're eyes. It was loo~ove at first sight,"

"Heck how did you see my eyes when I was about 40 50 60 feet high? Besides my eyes would been blurred out `cause of how fast the ride frikkin was!"

"Whatever man,"

So how yea like it?? I think it was okay…I'm sorry I can't be the most DESCRIPTIVE person in the world…but hey…I hope yea'll like it!! Please review!

~Suki`