InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Youkai Bondage ❯ Morning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi there! I am back. This is my second fan fiction. I am so pleased with success of my first one. I promise this one won't be as sad though. There may even be a happy ending. Maybe. Oh well. This is an alternate universe fic. The humans own the youkai as slaves. I know; it's been done. I don't care though; I had the idea before I knew there were so many of these out there. Plus I like it. The title was stolen from a classic novel titled Of Human Bondage that I started reading but never finished. I don't think it's about slavery though. Okay. Forward to the story!

Disclaimer: I own some Inuyasha manga, some magazines, and a video rental card to Sci-Fi City. Unless I can rent him there though, I can't have him.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))

Kagome Higarashi lay staring at the ceiling. Today was a very important day, she knew. Her stupid sister had told her enough times. "I had a wonderful seventeenth birthday, Kagome. You get your slave. Don't you think that's exciting?" Kagome hated her. She didn't want a slave. She didn't want to be dragged out to those horrible youkai farms where they were kept. She just wanted to keep things how they were.

"Get up!"

"Go away."

"Kagome, I have been waiting for you to get up for two hours now. We are going shopping, and Jii-san said he would buy me a new one too."

"Kikyo, you already have more slaves than you know what to do with."

"I do not. Now get up!" Her sister left the room. Kagome sighed heavily. Why did she always do that? She had a knack for making it seem like she was caring but really doing something for herself. She guessed she would have to get up though. Jii-san was excited about taking her. Maybe she could pretend she didn't like any of them, but then they would just go to a different farm. This was going to be tough.

A soft knock came at the door. "Enter," yelled Kagome. The door swung open and a cute female youkai came inside. She was dressed in white furs and a bodice. Her startling red hair was pulled up into pigtails, and a beautiful purple flower rested behind her ear. She almost looked like she belonged in the forest. She almost looked like she could take off running and never stop. She almost looked like a wild and free creature. Almost. But around her neck hung a purple rosary that announced otherwise. It was almost hidden under her white furs, but it was there. That simple beaded charm kept her right where she was, a prisoner of the Higarashi household. Kagome looked at her unhappily. This was just not natural. These creatures did not belong in bondage. It was like trying to cage the wind. "Ayame?"

"Yes, mistress?" Kagome had expected that reply, but it still broke her heart. There in front of her stood the wind, forever confined.

"Nothing."

Ayame picked out some clothing for Kagome to wear and laid it across her bed while she showered. The pretty slave was about to leave when she came out of the bathroom. "How long have you been with us, Ayame?" Ayame tilted her head to the side. What kind of a question was that? Why would she ask such a thing? Then she became worried.

"Are you going to sell me?"

"No, no, of course not. I just couldn't remember."

"I have been here since you were five years old."

"You haven't changed."

"I don't age like you do." Kagome stared at her. She had already been here for twelve years. She didn't know how old the youkai was, but she would probably be serving her grandchildren as well. Ayame turned around to pull some clothes from the hamper to be washed. She was humming a sad little tune. It was a painful melody, full of hope and despair all at once.

"Do you miss the outside?" Ayame was visibly shaken as she stood straight up and dropped the clothes. Her humming cut off, but she did not turn around. When she spoke, Kagome could her the tears in her voice.

"Do you want me to be truthful, mistress?

"Yes."

"Every moment of every day."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: I just started this today and I'm really excited. It probably won't be up as fast as "No One's Laughing" because that was already written, but I'll do my best. The song she is humming is "Dearest" by Ayumi Hamasaki from Inuyasha. I downloaded the piano version because someone else used it in their Trigun/Inuyasha crossover. I really like the haunting quality of it. I will probably reference it again later so get to down loading. Please review!