InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Youkai Bondage ❯ Free At Last ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All right everybody. This is the end.

Insomni-maniac: That was the best review ever. Okay I read it, then posted. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Not mine! Not yours either! Hahahahaha!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Kagome's grandfather stood outside her door. He had been standing there for a while. The day before he had told her that she must give up her slave because she loved him. It made perfect sense. She needed to be with a nice, rich human boy. If all her feelings were thrust upon that hanyou of hers, there would be nothing left for anyone else. He didn't want to hurt her, but he knew what was best. The ad he had placed had been quickly answered which was lucky. He didn't understand why Naraku wanted him so badly. He thought he wanted to kill him earlier, but he had gotten his word he would let the boy live. This was the best thing. This was right. He opened Kagome's door. He had no need to knock. He was the master of this house.

"Kagome?" he called. There was no answer. He looked around the large room for her. She wasn't in the bathroom. She wasn't in the closet. Neither were white-haired slave, Ayame, or Kouga. He became worried. Where could they be? She had told him the previous day that she would allow him to be sold. Hadn't she? Finally he came across a piece of paper on one of her chests of drawers. He picked it up and read it.

"No," he whispered, "It can't be." He read the note a few more times. Just to be sure he wasn't mistaken. He pulled out all the drawers in the chest that usually contained her clothes and toiletries. Empty. He knew where Kagome and the slaves were now. He also knew it was too late to do anything about it. He hung his head and let the paper flutter to the floor.

"I hope you find happiness." He spoke even though he knew she would never hear his words. The paper had read:

Jii-san,

Thank you for a wonderful life. I love you very much, and you have always provided for me. But some things are just more important than money.

Love Always,

Kagome

Inuyasha and Kagome stared out into the water. The gentle hum of the ship almost put them to sleep.

"I'm happy I did this," she said softly. They watched as Ayame and Kouga walked by, totally wrapped up in each other. They were free now. They were going to be together forever, and they couldn't tear themselves out of their embrace. They didn't want to.

"They will have a very good life. They will have a nice home in the forest. That's where they belong."

"What about us, Kagome? You've been disinherited. I have no money to provide for you. No one will hire a youkai or a hanyou."

"They will where we are going. It's a small island that is full of tropical forest and people who don't care what you are."

"How did you find out about this place?"

"Jii-san said I couldn't free you in our country, so I made some calls and found out where I could."

"Where will we live? Kagome you don't belong in a shack that I could build." She laughed at that.

"You ask too many questions. Inuyasha, I don't care where I live. I belong here with you." He smiled and wrapped her up in his arms. She felt the pressure of the rosary against her head. She reached up and pulled it off. She gripped it in her fist.

"You are not my slave anymore."

"I know, my love. But now I am truly yours." She grinned. They moved to the edge of the bow of the ship. Kagome hurled the hated charm over the side and watched as it was pushed under the ship. Inuyasha caught her in his grip and pulled her close to him. He pressed his lips strongly on hers. He loved her so much. When they reached the shore he would ask her to be his mate or wife or whatever they would be. She would say yes. He knew that. But right then they just enjoyed their silence. Only the hum of the ship and the waves crashing against it ringing in their ears. It was too early for any other passengers to be awake to bother them. They stared into the horizon and the wind blew back their hair. The ship continued its journey in the miles and miles of open water. To the east, where they were headed, the sun was rising.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

A/N: I like this ending. It's happy. Well everyone, tell me what you think. I already have a good idea for a new story. I may start it today or tomorrow. Please review and tell me what you think of my story/ending. YAY!!!