InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Youkai Bondage ❯ Difficult Decision ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here comes grandpa!

Disclaimer: They don' t belong to me.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Everyone in Kagome's room rose as the master of the house entered. He exuded an air of authority that showed his word was law. Slave and family alike followed his rule without question. The master of the house meant the master all that resided there. He looked at them with concerned eyes.

"Kagome, why is it that Kikyo tells me you took her slave?"

"Because I did, Jii-san."

"Ah. Why did you take him?"

"Because she was abusing him."

"He is her slave. She can do what she wants."

"I don't care whose slave he is. Jii-san, before their slavery, Kouga was going to make Ayame his mate. He found her here after fifty years, and Kikyo won't let him see her. She holds threats of hurting her over his head. It's not right. I want him to be my slave so I can treat him how he should be treated and allow him to see Ayame."

"I see. Kikyo says that you allow your slave to call you without a title. Is that true?"

"I don't allow him to. I force him to."

"I see." Kagome watched as her grandfather closed his eyes. He was thinking. What would he do? The tension in the room could have been cut with a knife.

"I'm not sure if it's fair to Kikyo to take her slave and leave her without. Would you be willing to trade yours for hers." That was not a question she was prepared for. Trade Inuyasha for Kouga. Decide between the suffering of her love, and someone who couldn't defend themselves' love?

"I will buy her a new one."

"That's not the question I asked you." Kikyo stood behind him smirking. She could tell this was hard on her little sister, and she was glad.

"No. I couldn't trade Inuyasha for anything. I will buy her five new slaves, but I can't give up Inuyasha."

"You would buy her five new slaves with the money I give you, but you won't give up just one?"

"Yes."

"Why?" This was very difficult for Kagome. She wasn't sure how to answer the question. She was not supposed to be in love with a slave. How could she explain this to her grandfather? Then, the words Inuyasha had yelled at Kikyo rang in her head.

"Jii-san, there is something that calls ownership that is stronger than slavery. Ayame owns Kouga because she has his heart. He is rightfully hers as she is rightfully his. We all know Inuyasha belongs to me. The rosary around his neck reminds anyone who might forget. Even me. But what is not shown is that he has my heart in his hands. Anywhere I go, anything I do, my heart is here with him. I am as much his as he is mine." Kikyo was taken aback. Her sister loved this slave? He was awful. He never did anything he was told, and she loved him? He was a slave for Gods' sake.

"That is disgusting, Kagome!"

"Kikyo, be quiet. Kagome will have Kouga. I will buy you a new slave." Ayame and Kouga beamed. A huge weight lifted off of their shoulders.

"But, Jii-san, I don't want a new slave!"

"Then you shall have nothing."

"No! I'll take a new one."

"Go down to the grand entrance hall. We will go to the farm today." Kikyo left the room. "Kagome I need to speak candidly with you." The two of them walked together to his office, leaving the slaves behind. Kagome didn't like his work area. This was where he took her for lectures. When he sat in his high-back chair behind his big mahogany desk, he seemed like the most powerful person in the world. It was almost frightening. Kagome took her place in the chair in front of him.

"So, you think you love a slave?"

"I do."

"I think it would be best to sell him. He may not have as wonderful a life, but at least he wouldn't be holding on to the false hope that you will free him." Kagome was confused.

"I thought I couldn't free him."

"Not here. Anyway we will put an ad out tomorrow."

"No!" She started to feel the heat of fear in her chest. She could yell all she wanted, but her grandfather would do what he wanted. He was like Inuyasha in that way. He would not back down until he got what he wanted.

"Please don't argue, Kagome. Now go tell your slave." She became flustered.

"What if I refuse to let you? What if I take him away?"

"Then I will cut off your allowance and disinherit you. You will have nothing." Kagome put her head down. Her family was extremely affluent, and she was to get a lot when her Jii-san died. Without his allowance, she couldn't survive. She looked at him. Her choice had been made.

"I will go tell him." She left without another word. Choices were so hard sometimes. Especially when matters of the heart were concerned, but she knew what she needed to continue her life. Now she just had to tell Inuyasha.

When she entered her room, Inuyasha ran to her. He embraced her. She pressed her head to his chest and listened for a moment as his heart beat. That was her heart. She didn't buy it. No, it was given to her freely.

"Kagome, what's wrong?" Tears had started to flow down her face.

"Get your things together, Inuyasha. You have to leave here." He looked down at her in disbelief.

"What? When?" She stared up into his loving eyes.

"Tonight."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Okay, only one chapter left. I know it's exciting! Review and I will write it faster.