InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Of Youkai Bondage ❯ Confrontation ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay. Sorry to leave you hanging. It hasn't been too long.

Disclaimer: I only have Justin as mine, well maybe just his heart.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Kagome marched into Kikyo's room ready for a fight. She was disappointed when upon entering she realized her sister wasn't there. She looked around the room. It was a lot like her own. Television and couch to one side, a few chests of drawers, bookcases, a desk, and in the middle, a large four poster bed. That's what caught her interest. On the bed lay a slave, chained to the wall. He looked like he had been drug under a truck. There were bruises and cuts everywhere. His face was red with crying and tears continuously streamed down his cheeks. He was only covered by a small piece of brown fur around his waist. She knew who it was.

"Kouga?"

"Yes, Mistress?" His voice cracked on the dryness of his throat. What was her sister doing to him? She imagined for a moment Inuyasha lying like that. It hurt.

"No," she said to herself, "he wouldn't be crying. He would be fighting. Every moment, fighting."

"Excuse me, Mistress?" She snapped out of her daze.

"I have come to get you away from here." She walked over and unchained him with the key lying on the dresser. Kouga was dumbfounded. Who was this girl, and what was she doing? Didn't she realize that wherever she took him, Kikyo would find them? She did realize. Actually, she knew. If Kikyo would venture all the way down to the slave's quarters to fin him, she'd go to the ends of the earth. Kagome helped the boy up. He was unsteady on his feet. He looked into her smoky gray eyes.

"Won't she come after me?"

"Yes."

"Won't she take me away?"

"No. I have you now, and I won't let you go. Get your clothes. You will not be returning here." It was a statement of fact, Kouga knew. There were no maybes. This girl who so resembled Kikyo was removing him and going to fight to keep him. He only hoped she wasn't as wicked as Kikyo.

"May I ask you why I am so important to you, Mistress?"

"You are important to Ayame. She is important to me." Kouga smiled. He was returning to Ayame. He had not been expecting that in the least.

"Thank you, Mistress."

"You're welcome. Now hurry."

Inuyasha sat on the bed next to Ayame, rubbing her back. He really liked this girl. She was kind to him. He felt almost like she was the sister he'd never had. She'd been regaling him with stories of her times with Kouga. She loved him so much. This made Inuyasha somewhat sad. He had been born into slavery, a product of a youkai father and a human mother. When he was born and his mother's husband saw the little dog ears on top of his head, he had killed his father and sent him away. This caused him to think of Kagome. He loved her so much, but the country they lived in made it impossible for him to truly have her. If he did, things like that would happen. Unexpectedly, the door to Kagome's room opened. Kouga walked inside with Kagome. She had wanted to help him, but he had begged to be standing tall. He didn't want Ayame to see his pain. She flew to him, embracing the injured youkai.

"Oh, Kouga! Thank the Gods."

"No, thank the Mistress." Ayame went quickly over to her and grabbed her hands.

"Thank you, Mistress Kagome." Her eyes expressed an emotion that Kagome had never seen in them before. True gratitude and overwhelming relief.

"We can't rest yet, Ayame. It's only a matter of time before Kikyo discovers he is missing. My sister will come to take him back."

"You're damn right I will!" Kikyo stood fuming in the doorway. "How dare you steal my slave? He belongs to me. His life is in my name."

"His heart is Ayame's. He belongs to her!"

"Ah, if it isn't Inuyasha. What makes you think it's okay to talk to me like that?"

"I will talk to you in any way that I want."

"Sister, you best keep your slave in line. If Grandfather found out how disrespectful he is, he might be liable to take him back."

"Kagome won't let him."

"Kagome? Is he calling you without a title now?"

"I told him to. Kikyo, my slave is none of your business."

"You're right, but mine is. Come here Kouga." He was holding Ayame, trying to keep her from Kikyo's angry gaze. He did not move.

"He won't come to you."

"Did you forget what I told you?" Kouga looked deeply into Ayame's eyes. Worry twisted his face as he bent down and kissed her head. He moved toward Kikyo.

"What are you doing, idiot? Why would you go back to that bitch?"

"Oh, now I'm a bitch. Kagome, you really can't control your slaves can you?"

"Neither could you."

"Inuyasha, please be quiet for a moment. What did you threaten Kouga with?" She threw her head back and laughed.

"Please? Please? Oh Gods, who is the slave and who is the master?"

"What was your threat?" She had no time to respond to Kikyo's remarks on her slave.

"Go ahead, Kouga. Tell them."

"Yes, Mistress Kikyo. Last night I beat a man who was raping Ayame. He died from his injuries." Ayame gasped. "Mistress Kikyo told me that if I was to disobey her, she would tell her grandfather that it was Ayame that killed him, and she would be returned to that horrid farm.'

"You can't do that!"

"Oh, I can, and I will."

"Go ahead, Kikyo. Do your worst. He is supposed to be you protector and yet you abuse him. I will not let you anymore. It is time the slaves had their own protection. He will stay with Ayame. Come over here Kouga." He quickly responded to Kagome's command, running back to his woman.

"I will go get Jii-san right now."

"I will be waiting your return." She turned on her heel and slammed the door behind her. Kagome flopped down on her bed. Inuyasha joined her.

"I was getting worried, Kagome. That bitch seemed to have the upper hand." Kagome kissed his nose and smiled.

"Did you really think I'd let her win?"

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Well that was the most dialogue I have ever written. It's kind of necessary for arguments but Jeez. That's more quotation marks than I want to see for a while. Review more!