InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Offline Dates ❯ The Date ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Greetings and salutations all of my peoples. Gomen, I know I haven't updated lke I should be doing, but I just wasn't...motivated to write ^-^

*dedicates this chapter to all the wonderful people who have reviewed* I love you all! *tosses dandilions and pennies at you all* Hey, I'm a poor Canadian, leave me alone. XP

Here's the next chapter! n.n

Chapter 5 - The Date

Inu Yasha cast Kagome yet another glance over the polished plastic table of the restaurant. So it wasn't classy first-date material, but he was only 17 and currently 'between jobs'. He didn't notice that while he was berating himself for bringing her to such a childish place, that he had begun to stare.

Kagome felt the hairs on the back of her neck prickle, making a shiver run down her spine, resulting in goosebumps all over her body. She lifted her glance to the boy sitting across from her and silver-blue eyes clashed with golden-yellow. A deep blush rose on her delicate cheekbones, making a deep feeling of pride rise in his chest that his gaze resulted with that reaction. He sent her a lethal grin that was designed to turn her bones to water, before returning to his fries, auds picking up the sharp breath that passed her lips. Oh yes, he was about to bowl a home run! Er....no, that didn't sound right...oh well, hell if he payed attention to any sports besides fencing.

The expression on Inu Yasha's face made Kagome giggle softly, the sound catching the hanyou's attention. He glanced up at her in confusion, blinking blankly. The girl's laughs intensified, resulting in stares from the other two patrons of the table. For the life of her, she couldn't stop her chuckles. And it wasn't helping any that Inu Yasha was looking around, confused, for whatever was amusing her that much.

Sango shook her head with a small smile, excused herself and her companion, and dragged her to the bathroom for a 'talk', leaving the two guys alone.

Miroku glanced over to Inu Yasha, blinking. "What did you do to make her laugh like that?" The silver-maned boy shrugged helplessly.

"Dude, I have NO idea, she just started cracking up... Do I have something on my face?"

"Not that I can see."

"Are you lying to make me look like an ass?"

"Not at all."

"Better not, you letch... How was your conversation with Sango?"

"Kami, she's an interesting woman. Did you know she works out with her Hiraikotsu?" Inu Yasha stared at him blankly and managed a "Hira-what?" at Miroku's eager glance.

"It's a weapon shaped like a boomerang made from demon bone." The monk-in-training's eyes glazed over as he sighed. Damn, this guy was lost...

MEANWHILE

Sango shoved her giggling friend into the bathroom and raised a brow. "And what brought that on?" Kagome burst into another fit of mirth, but managed a stuttered explanation.

"Inu Ya-yasha just l-looked s-so cluel-less... It w-was ad-dorable." Sango sighed and glanced up at the ceiling, lips moving in what was most likely a silent prayer of why-the-hell-did-you-make-this-crazy-girl-my-best-friend to the Gods. Leading Kagome over to the sink, she made the girl splash cool water on her face to calm herself down.

"You alright now?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine, Sango, now let's go back to our dates." The demon slayer nodded and lead the way back to their table. Both the guys stood up at their return, Inu Yasha's hips hitting the table hard enough to make a cup tremble and threaten to tip over, and force him back into his seat with a wince. Kagome caught the cup before it toppled off the edge and began another round of giggles.

Sango rolled her eyes and sighed at the monk and half-demon. "Perhaps we should leave before my friend, here, thinks the shape of the fries is hilarious."

They all agreed, all four dinners (*koff O.o;*) paid for by the guys before they headed to the movie theatre. Deciding on a comedy film so Kagome wouldn't be out of place while cackling hysterically, their tickets were bought and seats found. With only a few tips of the popcorn from Inu Yasha, they were all settled in.

Soon the movie began, Shrek 2, to be precise, and Kagome was happily munching on Inu Yasha's popcorn. He wasn't quite paying attention to the movie, for the sight of Kagome's hand reaching towards his lap, even if just for food, had captured his entire attention intensely. And intensify he did (*koff again <.< >.>;*).

Behind them, a group of rowdy teens were disrupting the amusing atmosphere with their VERY corny jokes about the characters. Kagome whirled around to glare up at them, which made Inu Yasha more uncomfortable, if it were possible. Her lips were tilted at JUST the right angle so that her breaths, quick from her laughing, were brushing against his sensitive ear. He bit back a groan of frustration at the sounds of her light panting. He needed to get out of there, quickly. Abruptly standing up, he excused himself and hurried out of the blessedly dark theatre.

Miroku watched him leave and grinned impishly. He had happened to glance over at the hanyou while Kagome was simultaniously reaching for popcorn and breathing accidentally on his ear-the SECOND most sensitive part of his anatomy- and also noticed his discomfort. Poor guy...

A few moments later Inu Yasha returned and sat down, handing Kagome the popcorn and sat quietly, with his auds plastered to his platinum locks. To keep his attention from the girl sitting beside him, he began to recite English grammar rules in his thoughts. 'I before e, except after c... Damn, that language is an idiot...'

By the time the girls were being dropped off, Inu Yasha seemed to have gained more confidence, auds twitching this way and that. As they were saying their goodbyes, Sango's and Miroku's attention was diverted from each other by the stifled yell coming from the half-demon. Upon looking over, they saw Inu Yasha looking horrified as Kagome was gently rubbing hs ears. Miroku had to literally pry her off before Inu Yasha could get free, both guys leaving hastily to protect Inu Yasha's new 'development' that had returned.
~.^