InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Offline Dates ❯ Marked? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I'm ba-ack...and -totally- running out of ideas, by the way.

Thank you all loyal readers whom have kept me company as I struggled to scrounge up every idea I could to continue this piece of crap storyline n.n I really ad nowhere to go with it so I'll probably end it -really soon... I dun feel like making this huge battle between Inu Yasha and Naraku.

Screw you all for judging me...and if you didn't, here's a proverbial cookie! n.n

Chapter 9 - Marked?

Inu Yasha laid Kagome gently on her bed, carefully folding the blankets over her form with a tenderness he didn't even believe he possessed. A faint smile curved his lips, the edges tight as if it weren't often that he displayed such obvious affection, which was, in all truth, probably more than 100% correct.

She looked so heart-wrenchingly angelic, her thick, dark locks fanned around her pale face, contrasting highly against her white-as-milk pillowcase. Her expression was calm and serene, but he could still see the faint tearstains that traced her cheeks. Hesitantly he reached down and brushed them away, sighing in faint irritation with himself. He should have been able to protect her. She was so precious to him and he didn't quite understand why. All he knew was that he couldn't let her go, not ever.

She groaned softly, frowning as her brow creased. He sucked in a breath and leaned forward, cooing softly near her ear as he gently stroked her hair. Almost immediately, she relaxed, turning to nuzzle up against his throat. Once she went still again, he sighed in relief. Slowly, he slid beside her in her bed, propping himself up against the headboard and smiled when she wound her arms around his waist and pillowed her head on his stomach with a sleepy mumble.

"I...Kagome, you belong to me..." he breathed, blinking and frowning at the odd feeling in his chest. It was like...his heart was bursting...no...blooming... Yes his heart was blooming and it left him oddly out of breath and dizzy. Giving in to the feeling, he closed his eyes and dropped off into a light slumber.


It was about an hour later when Inu Yasha roused from his slumber; the best he ever remembered having. He awoke with a sleepy grin and stretched beneath the faint weight of his Kagome. His... Such a lovely word. He began mentally reliving each moment he spent with Kagome, frowning at the part involving Kouga, and scowling as he thought of the unnamed stranger that had caressed her pure neck with his dirty tongue.

The deep growl went unnoticed in his throat as he stared down at her, small flickers of crimson staining the melted gold of his eyes. Without another thought, he shifted her effortlessly and dropped his lips to her neck, kissing the soft, warm flesh as if in apology that she had to endure the touch of another. His heart leapt as a soft mewl passed her angel-bow lips and she shivered, snuggling herself closer to his form. Absently his tongue began to trace small whorls and designs, still more fascinated by her taste and the sounds she was making than what he was actually doing to her in the privacy in her bedroom.

Surely it wasn't himself that had caused her such pain, but the fangs that dove into the tender flesh, sure enough, were firmly attached to his jaw. She yelped in pain and leapt up in surprise, easily dislodging him. She sat up; looking around wildly, mind still fogged with sleep and pleasure.

Inu Yasha, however, tumbled backwards onto the floor, growling in annoyance. She glanced over the edge of her bed to find an extremely putout hanyou sprawled on her floor, scowling dejectedly.

"Inu Yasha? What just happened?" The half-demon scrambled to his feet and brushed off his sleeves, then puffed up his chest, smiling proudly.

"I just marked you."

"You...what...?" The question was slow and VERY dangerous-sounding. He swallowed a bit uncomfortably and took a step back, lifting his taloned hands in a placating manner.

"Uhn...forget what I said..."

It wasn't a moment later when Inu Yasha was shoved out onto the driveway by a fuming Kagome, whom he was sure wasn't about to speak to him any time soon...

"Well...shit..."

Aeryn n.n