InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Offline Dates ❯ Stalkers ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Greetings loyal fans that were just ITCHING for me to write a new chapter n.n

I was spending the interlude...umm...thinking up ways to...insert Naraku into the story <.< >.>;; (a.k.a., I was sitting on my lazy ass the entire time XP).

Don't hurt me... *puppy dog eyes*

Anywho, on to the story!

Chapter 8 - Stalkers

Nestled deep in the shady corners of the gaming arena stood two males, faces shadowed from view. The two sets of eyes were staring unblinkingly at two women. An ice blue set was trained on a pouting femme fatale who was currently glaring at a happy couple; the other was watching the woman from said duo with shadowed crimson orbs.

A synchronized shudder ran through both forms, and they turned to look at each other at the same instant, identical grins spreading across their lips.

"Dear brother...Kikyo is looking especially delicious tonight, don't you think...?"

"So she is...but I prefer the untouched innocence of Little Miss Kagome instead of your slut."

"I wouldn't say such things about the woman I love, Naraku."

"Don't challenge me, Onigumo...I'll win and you know it."

With that said, they both returned to their silent observations, seeming to melt into the shadows, for not a single person noticed their existence, which suited them both just fine. A second later, both men were gone.



As Kagome dropped the drink container in the trash, Inu Yasha held out his hand for her to take, which she did with alacrity. He smiled, the sensual curve of his lips making her heart flutter helplessly in her chest. She swallowed, and then returned the grin cheekily, rising on her tiptoes to gently massage his ears.

Inu Yasha automatically stiffened, a sharp gasp passing his lips. His golden eyes flittered closed and he swayed into the hand, swallowing a soft groan. The two leapt apart, however, when an annoying male cleared his throat, smirking knowingly. The hanyou growled and smacked the houshi-in-training in the back of the head as he passed, dragging Kagome outside of the arcade so he could walk her home.

The woman in question stifled a giggle and trailed amiably after her boyfriend, sending an amused glance at Sango over her shoulder that had wandered up to stand beside the still-stunned Miroku.

Inu Yasha slowed his pace as they left the mall, the cool, crisp scent of evening filling his lungs with each breath. He sighed contentedly, allowing Kagome to swing their intertwined hands contentedly, auds flicking towards her happy humming. Every single one of his muscles relaxed, a small, lazy smile of unadulterated joy gracing his features, softening them considerably.

Even so, a niggling, annoying part of his mind insisted something was wrong. He discreetly tested the air with a light sniff, but came up with naught; so, he pushed the intuitive part of his head into a proverbial closet and ignored it, forcing himself to continue having a good time with Kagome, even if they weren't talking.

He thought back to the arcade, when she had rubbed his sensitive ears, a slight shiver making his form tremble. Kagome looked over at him curiously.

"Are you cold, Inu Yasha?" He choked in surprise at hearing her melodic voice, flushing lightly.

"No.I'm fine..." She narrowed her eyes skeptically, then yelped in surprise as he whirled her around to face him, eyes growing wide when his lips descended to meet hers in a gentle caress. She choked on air and squirmed in slight embarrassment, but he only wrapped his arms around her torso and held her close, tracing the contours of her lips with his tongue.

She didn't even get to breathe out the soft moan before she was snatched away, pressed up against a lean male body that she didn't know. Her mind was too hazy to react, so she just stood there in stunned silence. It was only a second later that Inu Yasha was a foot before her, snarling at the male that held her. When Inu Yasha began moving, a sharp object was pressed rather harshly into her jugular, forcing him to stop lest she get hurt.

"What the hell do you want with her?!" The hanyou growled dangerously, the only thing stopping him from shredding the cocky bastard that was touching HIS Kagome was the pocketknife that was pressed to her delicate neck.

"What do I want with her..? Interesting question..." The low, cold voice hissed near her ear. "One might say I want to possess this little innocent, to take her once, then again and again until she calls herself my wanton little whore..."

Inu Yasha's eyes flashed crimson, but he was helpless as he watched the unknown male dip his head to caress his girlfriend's throat with his lips and tongue, leaving her to shudder in revulsion. At least he knew she didn't like it, which only let his ego grow. The male however simply chuckled and smirked.

"Your fear turns me on...my little innocent..." His sick voice repeated itself in her head, making her cry out in disgust, struggling against him, but all was in vain as he tightened his grip. Inu Yasha immediately jumped in, claws aiming at the pale man's face, but missing. Even so, the escapee had to release Kagome, who was now nestled protectively in the snarling dog demon's arms, weeping quietly. She turned to see an unrecognizable pale face, long, thick dark locks and bright crimson optics before he melted into the shadows.

"I'll be watching you, my little innocent." With that parting remark that nearly make Inu Yasha go on a demonic rampage, he scooped her up and carried her home, whispering reassurances in her ear as she cried into his chest. He was going to make that bastard pay.

Aeryn