InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On a Wing & a Prayer ❯ Half-Brother's Attack ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On a Wing & a Prayer

Part X: Half-Brother's Attack

Gina looked at him quizzically. "Who's this Inu-Yasha or something or other?" she asked. He spoke, but not really in a reply to her. "Dammit!" he hissed, "That little mutt just keeps coming back for more!" Gina blinked a few times. "Apparently he's not a friend of his," she muttered to herself. He simply glared at her. "Stay here. I should be able to take care of this in a moment," he growled.

With that said, he unsheathed Toiling and leapt forward, but returned a few moments later. He slid his sword back into its sheath and spoke. "Give me this!" he growled, tearing his boa from her shoulders. "Hey!" she snapped, "I thought you were going to let me keep warm with this!" He simply kept it and started putting it back on. "I don't really prefer to go into battle without all of my clothing. Especially if I'm letting a human use it."

Before Sesshomaru could finish with his boa, a blue of red and white darted through the trees, wielding what looked like a fang. And along with it came the cry, "Sesshomaru, you bastard! I'll finally kill you!"

This fang-wielding blur came right toward them, and was narrowly avoided when Sesshomaru grabbed Gina in his arm and leapt out of the way with her in tow. When they landed, Sesshomaru released her and drew his blade. The blur was also clear now. A young man with the same silver hair and amber eyes as Sesshomaru, but with two dog's ears and a red kimono. A moment later, an oddly-dressed girl, a demon exterminator, and a monk ran up behind him.

"Sesshomaru!" the dog-eared boy yelled, "Issat girl another one of your prisoners?!" Sesshomaru scowled, but did nothing more. But Gina…Gina felt that she had to defend him, just as he had defended her, although it wasn't from physical harm. "I'll have you know that Sesshomaru is taking me back to my home!" she retorted. Everyone had the same look on their face: a mixture of surprise and awe of her audacity.

The hanyou raised an eyebrow. "Is this true, Sesshomaru?" he demanded. The demon lord simply scowled. "I don't owe you any explanations, half-breed!" he snapped back. His grip on his sword increased as his tension did. Gina walked up next to him, a worried expression on his face. "Is that boy Inu-Yasha?" she asked simply. Sesshomaru gave a nod. "Get back," he said sternly. Gina blinked. "I'll take care of him myself," he continued, "He shouldn't be too much of a problem."

A small smirk grew on Sesshomaru's face. "Well then, Inu-Yasha. Why don't you come at me? So aggressive and cutthroat, but are you truly me with my powerful new sword?" he asked sarcastically. The hanyou simply growled at him. "It's your funeral," he sneered, raising his blade. With that, he charged at Sesshomaru.

The demon lord met his younger half-brother with his own blade, blocking him strongly. Gina quickly ran backwards, not wanting to get hurt. But she was worried about Sesshomaru, as well. He was already hurt, and she could see that he was still in pain. Oh, Sesshomaru, she thought, please don't get yourself killed!

Inu-Yasha pulled away from their deadlock, glaring at Sesshomaru. "I can see you're already hurt," he chuckled, "That'll be your death! And as for your little girlfriend, well, we'll make sure she really gets home." Gina simply glared at him. If she had claws, she would tear him apart. "You…jerk," she muttered.

Sesshomaru lunged at Inu-Yasha, missing him by so little that he cut off a few strands of his silvery hair. They both hit the ground at the same time, both growling loudly. Sesshomaru turned, seeing that Inu-Yasha was already darting toward him. He was caught so off-guard that even though he tried to dodge it, he was still hit mid-torso, sending the demon lord to the ground.

As Sesshomaru writhed in pain on the ground, Inu-Yasha chuckled. "And now, it's your head," he hissed. Sesshomaru pulled himself to his knees, but he was not quick enough. But Gina ran over, standing between the demon lord and his half-breed little brother. "No!" she yelled, "Don't hurt him!" Inu-Yasha and Sesshomaru both looked astonished at this.

"Gina…get back," he commanded. "No!" Gina repeated, kneeling down next to him, "You've already been hurt once defending me, Sesshomaru, and I'm not about ready to let it happen again!" He stared at her wide-eyed for a moment, but then reverted to his look of thin-patience. "I won't say it again, Gina! Get back!" he growled. Gina gritted her teeth for a moment, but finally gave in to plan B.

Gina grabbed his shoulders, and then hesitantly pressed her lips against Sesshomaru's, draping herself over him. Sesshomaru looked completely surprised, but after a moment, he shut his eyes and slid an arm around her dainty waist. Inu-Yasha watched in astonishment as his elder brother pulled the human girl onto his lap, his hand moving down to her behind.

A moment later, they parted. But instead of the expected, which was Sesshomaru's yelling, they simply gazed into each other's eyes. That is until Inu-Yasha started snapping his fingers and waving his hands. "Okay, okay, enough already! I know you two are having yourselves a little 'Days of Our Lives' moment here, but we're in the middle of a battle, dontcha remember, big bro?" he said sarcastically.

Sesshomaru glared up at his brother, and then back at Gina, quickly forcing her off. He grabbed Tokijin, stood, and quickly sheathed it. As his wounds stung, he angrily bared his fangs at Inu-Yasha. "We'll finish this another time," he said, his voice like acid. He then glared down at Gina. "Get up! We're going," he growled. With that, he stormed off, being closely followed by the young princess…

[A/N: Hey there. Just wanted to thank you all for all of these wonderful reviews!! ^_^ So just keep them coming! Oh, and the little 'Days of Our Lives' comment…I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. You guys should watch it. Oh, and for all you little law people out there…I don't own Inu-Yasha or Days of Our Lives…(although I wish I could own Sesshomaru and Brady!!!) *Drools*]