InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On a Wing & a Prayer ❯ Gina's Decision ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

On a Wing & a Prayer

Part XII: Gina's Decision

Sesshomaru could smell the stress on Gina growing. "Sesshomaru…" she started shakily, "What…what are you s-saying?" Sesshomaru gave a light sigh, and then released her from his gentle embrace. He quickly moved away, still sitting next to Gina, but not as close. "I suppose…that was a foolish thing to say," he said simply.

Gina looked up at him. He may have seemed cold on the exterior, but she could see what he truly wanted to say in his pain-stricken eyes. Of course…the beautiful princess will go to her prince…not the beast. She felt heartbroken just looking at him.

"Sesshomaru," she said placing a hand on his shoulder. He turned his head, looking over at Gina. Nether of them said a word. They simply gazed into each other's eyes. Then Gina leaned over, gently pressing her lips against his. As their kiss deepened, Sesshomaru ran his hand down her cheek, and then slid his arm around her pulling her close. A moment later their lips parted, and Gina sank down against Sesshomaru's chest.

"There's…there's something I need…to tell you, Sesshomaru," Gina said hesitantly. Sesshomaru shut his eyes, prepared for the worst. But he had no idea how wrong he would be.

"Sesshomaru…I don't want you to take me back to my home," she said simply. Sesshomaru's amber eyed fluttered open. "Gina…you…want to stay with me?" he asked. The young woman looked up at him, smiling. In that instant, she didn't care about anything. Not her family, her title, nor her fiancée. She just wanted to be with Sesshomaru. "Just take me back to your castle," she said. At this, he leaned down and gave her another quick kiss, whispering into her ear once again.

"I will in the morning, when its not raining like this," he stated softly, thunder rumbling outside. He planted a few kisses on her neck, getting a slight giggle out of her. "And I believe I've made my decision," he said. Gina gaped slightly, but it quickly turned to a small smile as she wrapped her arms around Sesshomaru's neck. "Aishiteru…Sesshomaru-sama."

Thunder stuck through the air once again, and in startle, Gina snuggled against him. A small smirk crossed Sesshomaru's face, resting his chin on top of her head. "You don't need to worry, Gina. Just rest now…I'll protect you," he said gently. A slight smile danced on Gina's lips as Sesshomaru propped himself up against a wall of the cavern, and she shut her eyes.

A few moments later, the young woman was asleep in his arm. He smirked a bit, shutting his eyes. The demon lord didn't really need the sleep, but where there was an opportunity to rest, he would take it. He sighed as Gina shifted gently in his embrace, and slowly, Sesshomaru nodded off.