InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Question ❯ Hickey ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!

Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.

One Question

Chapter 18 – Hickey

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Kagome woke up the next morning with the worst headache of her life.
"Oh my gosh, what did I drink?"

A warm arm moved over her uncovered abdomen, and a fresh blush crossed her face.

She didn't have to look around the room to see the scattered clothes to remember what went on last night.

She smiled to herself, knowing that they had just taken ahugestep in their relationship, but she knew that it was worth it.

"That was amazing," InuYasha grumbled into the pillow.

Kagome felt the blush increase on her face.

Just then he looked up at her and smiled, "are you going to blush like that all the time?"

Her eyes widened as she turned the other way.

He kissed her cheek, "I think it's cute. Don't change it," he told her as he got up out of the bed.

When he walked away, Kagome just smiled to herself, glad that for once, things had worked out the way she wanted.

"You want to grab lunch before this dumb meeting?" InuYasha asked as he stepped out of the bathroom brushing his teeth. His smile told her just how happy he was.

"That sounds like a plan," Kagome told him as she got up out of the bed, but when she looked down, she immediately felt awkward, "but before we do anything…" she began as a blush painted its way across her cheeks, "I need to get some clothes."

All that could be heard was his chuckles making its way from the bathroom.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"Last night was amazing," Rin told her as soon as she arrived.

Kagome smiled at her. She remembered the huge bag ofgoodiesRin purchased at the party, "I bet last night was."

She and InuYasha decided to arrive separately. She thought that if they arrived together that people might suspect something, and he argued with her that no one would suspect anything unless they started acting weird.

Kagome smiled to herself as she entered the room where their last meeting was to be held, 'our first argument,' she paused, 'well, our first… relationship argument – If that was the word for this.'

She knew that the next time she was alone with InuYasha, they needed to actually define what it is that they were.

"Hey," Kikyo said as she entered the room.

Kagome smiled at her sister, "hey, you excited?" She asked her as she thought about the wedding.

Kikyo let out a deep breath, "I am excited to get this over with," she told her honestly, and Kagome knew exactly what she meant.

"So," Kagome began, but wondered off when she saw how big Kikyo's eyes were. "Kikyo, what's wrong?"

"You have the biggest hickey on the side of your neck," Kikyo replied as she looked at her sister.

Kagome's eyes widened as her hand immediately went to cover it. "I wonder how that happened," she replied as she gave off an awkward chuckle.

"What are the Higurashi sisters talking about?" Koga asked as he came over to them.

"Kagome has a huge hickey on the side of her neck," Rin stated as she stood next to them.

Kagome looked over at Rin, pleading with her to keep it quiet.

"How did this happen?" Koga asked, assuming the protective brotherly role he was about to come upon.

"How did what happen?" Miroku asked as he came over.

Kagome's face turned a bright red.

"Kagome has a huge hickey on the side of her neck," Koga told the man.

"Kagome has a hickey?" Sango asked as she tried looking at the woman's neck.

"Well, at least someone got some action last night," Miroku grumbled.

Sango hit him over the head, "pervert!"

Kagome looked at her pleadingly.

InuYasha came in whistling.

"Hey, Kagome has a huge hickey on her neck," Miroku told him as he got closer.

InuYasha smiled smugly, "well, someone got lucky last night."

Kagome felt like her face was on fire.

Sango looked at InuYasha and then at Kagome, and dawning came upon her, "you two didn't!" she shouted.

All eyes turned to her.

Sango's face began to flush as she scratched the back of her head, "sorry… I was just looking at this soap opera that I keep up with," she replied.

Everyone nodded their head feeling like that was a valid reply.

"So who is the lucky guy?" Rin asked as she turned her attention to Kagome.
"Yeah, Kagome, care to share?" InuYasha egged it on.

"Kagome, I need you to look over something with me," Sango replied as she dragged the woman quickly out of the room and into InuYasha's office, knowing that no one would look for them in there.

"Care to share?" Sango asked in the same voice that InuYasha just used.

Kagome hid her face in her hand, "I can't believethatjust happened."

Sango smiled, "well that's what happens when you show up with a huge hickey on the side of your neck, and how did this happen? If I can recall… I did leave you inyourroom."

Kagome shook her head, "I was in InuYasha's room… theentiretime."

"Oh, so that's why you thought you had a different room, because youdidhave another room," and then her demeanor changed, "wait, did he take advantage of you, because if he did… I swear!"

Kagome shook her head, "no, he was actually being a gentleman… I, uh, started it," she told her with a blush.

Sango looked at her with wide-eyes, "you started it?" She laughed; "now that is hard to believe."

Kagome took a deep breath, "It's just… we had that talk… and I really wanted to tell him how I felt… and," she smiled then, a big goofy smile, "and he likes me too."

Sango smiled, "Oh my gosh!"

Both women jumped up and down.

"Am I interrupting something?"

Kagome and Sango turned to see InuYasha standing at the door.

Kagome turned away with a blush aligning her cheeks.

"So, you two going to start dating?" Sango asked.

Now, it was InuYasha's turn to blush and look the other way.

Sango just smiled, "well, I will keep the secret, but we need to get this bad boy covered," she replied as she took out some makeup.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"Okay, in two days, we are going to have this wedding," Kikyo told them again.

"And we need to make sure that everything is perfect," the rest of the room grumbled together.

Kikyo blushed, "yes."

InuYasha smiled as he grabbed Kagome's hand from under the table.

Kagome looked at him wide-eyed before smiling.

"And Kagome," Kikyo interrupted making Kagome immediately let go of InuYasha's hand and place it on the table.

"Yes," she answered a bit nervous.

"Remember that you are responsible for the kids."

Kagome's eyes widened, "oh, of, of course," she stuttered slightly.

"All right, that wraps this last meeting up," Kikyo said as she clapped her hands, "see everyone in two days."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Kagome paced back and forth in the bathroom as she bit her finger nails.

As soon as the meeting was over she launched out of the room and headed towards the nearest place where she could be alone and that just happened to be the bathroom.

"What am I going to do? What am I going to do?" She asked herself over and over again.

She heard a knock at the door, "Kagome, are you in there?" She heard Sango ask.

Kagome looked quickly at the door and then went to unlock it.

Sango looked relieved, "we were sort of worried. I swear InuYasha is acting like he was about to have a heart attack, no matter how much he was trying to deny it."

Kagome nodded her head, "Yea, but we have a more serious matter on our hands," Kagome looked at her worried.

Sango looked at her as dawning crossed her face, "please tell me that you told him."

Kagome shook her head. She felt the seriousness of the situation fall on her shoulders. 'What have I done?'

Sango let out a deep breath. "It's okay; you can still tell him," she said supportive.

Kagome shook her head, "but how and where?"

Sango put her hand on the girls' shoulders, "it will be okay, just breath," she told her to try and get her to relax.

"Breath," she said again.

Kagome took in a couple of deep breaths. "Okay, that helped, but… how?"

Sango took a couple of deep breaths of her own, "okay, here is what I think you should do."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

A/N: I have really been thinking about this chapter. Lots of thoughts actually. I didn't know if them having sex was appropriate, and if they did... how would their reactions be and so on, but I do think the way the chapter is set up is nice. It shows what it needs to. Some of you might have been hoping for some more action, but I don't think the story is ready for that. I think them having sex is a natural progression in an adult relationship.. especially when both of them have feelings for each other, so having said that... please do not be upset if you wanted more action that I did not give you :( For this chapter I wanted to focus mostly on what it did. I found it humorous and completely awkward for Kagome, but what kind of chapter would it be if Kagome wasn't awkward in this story? Lol

REVIEWS:

Princess Inume: Kagome told Sango the truth abouteverything. Thank you for the review. I hope you enjoyed this chapter ;)

Anime Lady PIMP: thank you! I am glad you liked it :) I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well.

fanficnewbiee: thank you for the birthday wishes and the luck for classes :) Did you find any new information if you got to read it all again? I did put some clues in there... so maybe you did ;) Thanks for the review!

Grumpy DelSan13: I am glad you liked it :D

FairyRains: Thanks! Chemistry Exploding: nice! haha. You are going down the right path of thinking (like always - insert smile face), and I am there with you. I love background music. It conveys so much more feeling into the story, but not every story would go well with this song for this chapter and so on... it is better sometimes to let your imagination guide you :) Thanks for the review.

RiceBallMaker94: thank you! I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well :)

Peace: thank you! I am glad to hear that you like it :) And I will update as much as I can.