InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Online Drama ❯ Bothersome Brothers ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Kouga, I can not believe you are actually going to eat that. It's practically still mooing!" Kagome told her boyfriend in disgust as he happily took another bite out of his rare steak.

"But, love you know it tastes good. The bloodiness adds flavor." Kouga replied thoughtfully with his mouth full of meat.

Miroku and Sango sat across from the spectacle with looks of disgust upon their faces.

"That really is gross mate." Miroku admonished before he glanced at his watch. "Where are your mates?" Miroku asked Sango.

"They'll be here soon and when they get here you better not try to grope Eri or anything." Sango told her Australian date.

Not a minute later, Hojo and Eri arrived at the restaurant and were sat at the table with the other four. Hojo moved to sit beside Kagome, but he could have sworn he heard Kouga growling at him, so he sat beside Miroku instead while Eri took the seat by Kagome.

"Geez, monk can you eat any slower? I want to get out of this joint and watch that new Samurai movie." Kouga complained impatiently while pointedly ignoring the fact that the new arrivals just acquired their meal.

"Excuse me for eating slower than you your lordship. We can't all be demons." Miroku replied while glaring over his plate at the wolf youkai.

"That's true. Not everyone can be perfect." Kouga sneered cockily only to be jabbed roughly in the ribs by Kagome.

"Hahaha! Did you say demons? You're joking right? There's no such thing." Hojo interrupted while almost spitting out his tea across the table in his laughs.

"No such thing?" Kouga asked incredulously. Did this boy not realize whose company he was in?

Once again Kagome elbowed him sharply in the ribs. "That's right Hojo. Youkai are only in fairy tales."

Kouga glared at his woman. She glared right back. Sango cleared her throat to ease the tension. "So Kagome, did you get your letter yet?"

"Letter? What letter?" Kouga demanded.

"Well we both applied to study abroad next semester in Australia. I called my house earlier and my parents told me that I was accepted." Sango explained.

"Excellent! Sango, my love, if you need a place to stay, you will always be welcome at my home." Miroku told her while taking her hand to his lips and kissing it politely.

Sango blushed but then fumed when his hands strayed. She quickly retracted her body from his vicinity. "I think the two weeks during the tournament will be more than enough. At least I'll have Kagome to protect me during that time." Sango flashed her best friend a grateful smile.

"I don't know if I got accepted yet. I promised I'd go to the house this evening to watch Souta and his friends. Actually I think your brother and Rin are staying over. But I'll find out when I get home." Kagome told her.

"I'm coming with you." Kouga declared.

"Why? You're not my boyfriend." Kagome countered.

Kouga flashed her a deeply hurt look. "You don't want me to keep you company? You would prefer me to be all alone? All by myself with Miroku trying to drag me around town? Don't you think I'll get in less trouble if I'm with you?" Kouga pleaded with his puppy dog act that always worked.

Naturally Kagome caved. "Fine, you can come over and help. Let's finish up eating so we can go watch your Samurai movie now."

"Nah, that's okay. Why don't you four go and watch the Samurai movie, I'd rather go and spend time with my little brother." Kouga winked at Kagome.

Kagome rolled her eyes. "You are going as my friend. We broke up earlier! You have to remember that!" Kagome told him.

"You broke up?" Hojo interrupted.

"Err….."Kagome began.

"I'm winning her back." Kouga answered while flashing the human a brief glance at his fangs.

Hojo looked shocked for a second, then quickly recovered. "I think you have something in your teeth?"

Kagome realized what Kouga must have done and stomped on his foot under the table and then reached for where she assumed him tail would be and pulled.

Kouga quickly grabbed her wrist before she could actually find his tail. She missed the first time. "You'll have to wait until we're somewhere private before you try to touch me there, love."

Kagome gaped at him. Hojo spit out his tea across the table at Eri. Eri stood and screamed in disgust. Sango and Miroku were rolling on the floor laughing.

The manager of the restaurant didn't think it was so funny and the six found themselves on the street a moment later.

"Jerk," Kagome called Kouga.

"But, I'm your jerk. Come on, let's go." Kouga pulled Kagome over to his car and left the other four without saying goodbye.

"So, what movie do you guys want to watch?" Miroku asked casually as he wrapped an arm securely around Sango's waist.

Sango quickly unwound herself from his grasp and rushed towards Eri who was sobbing about her beautiful white blouse being ruined. Hojo just stood staring at the parking spot that Kouga's car left.

"Miroku, could we drive Eri home?" Sango asked.

Miroku nodded his head. However, Hojo snapped out of his daze. "What for? Let's go watch that movie." He roughly grabbed Eri's hand and began to drag her towards the theatre. "We're going to have a good time."

Sango and Miroku looked at each other helplessly. "Can't beat them, join them!" Miroku grabbed Sango's hand and they ran after the other couple.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha arrived at the beach party. Immediately he was assaulted by annoying women. He felt like some kind of celebrity. He was not happy at all with the attention.

"Inu baby! Come dance with me?" Yura asked.

"How about no."

"But you came all the way out here. Don't you want to play? I'm really fun."

"How about HELL no?" Inuyasha clarified. "And DON'T call me Inu-baby."

Inuyasha made it about another twenty paces before he was assaulted by Kagura. Inuyasha rolled his eyes, what was it with youkai women trying to molest him?

"Yasha, darling, where's that older brother of yours? Yura said you were bringing him." Kagura said as she peered over his shoulders searching for Sesshoumaru.

"He said he had better things to do?" Inuyasha declared.

"Better things to do? Or better people?" Kagura demanded harshly with jealous venom lacing her once pretty voice.

"Both." Inuyasha walked another five paces before being assaulted by one of his best friend's little brothers.

"Inu-chan! Where's your hunky brother? I wanted to show him my boa!" Jakotsu caught up with Inuyasha to question him. He was sporting a pink feather boa.

"Why the hell would he care if you have a boa?" Inuyasha asked confused.

"He just seems like the sort that would like boas. So do you think I have a chance with him? Here is he?" Jakotsu asked excitedly.

"Have a chance at what? Whatever, I don't think I want to know. Tell me where your brother, Bankotsu is and I'll tell you where Sesshoumaru is." Inuyasha bargained.

Jakotsu pointed to his right towards a crowd assembled by a volleyball net. Then he flipped his shoulder length hair. "Now where's my tai-youkai?"

"He's at the house." Inuyasha told the flaming young man as he made his way towards the volleyball nets. The whole while, he wondered if Jakotsu knew about their youkai identity. Oh well, it really didn't matter.

"G'day mate." Bankotsu answered when he saw Inuyasha's approach. He turned away from watching the game to regard his buddy.

Inuyasha tugged Bankotsu's long raven braid. "Isn't that a bit cliché? Besides, there's nothing good about it. Miroku is in the states and I've suddenly got the hots for some chick I've never met." Inuyasha told his friend as they walked away from the crowd.

"How can you have the hots for her if you've never met?" Bankotsu asked a little confused.

"That's not all either!" Inuyasha continued. "She's Kouga's girlfriend. She'll be here in two weeks, and I've got to find a way to steal her."

"Why do you want to steal a girl you've never met?"

"Because she's my angel. She's my goddess. I've seen a picture of her before. I've only talked to her once, but her best friend is Miroku's girlfriend. So she must be amazing. I remember Miroku mentioning her a few times and it was always positive." Inuyahsa continued rambling.

Bankotsu stopped walked and placed his hand on Inuyasha's shoulder to stop him. "Yasha, there are tons of girls that adore you here. Why are you working yourself up about Kouga's girlfriend who lives in America?"

"How do you know she lives in America?"

"Well seeing as that's where Kouga lives, it makes sense."

"That's a good point." Inuyasha thought for a moment. "Hey, what is up with your brother and that pink boa? And why is he so interested in Sesshoumaru?"

Bankotsu shifted his feet a bit uncomfortably. "I think he's just going through a phase." Then he flashed Inuyasha a smile. "Let's go back to the volleyball game and watch the girls throw themselves at us!"

"Fine. But if Kanna tries to molest you again, I am NOT rescuing your scrawny human butt." Inuyasha decided firmly.

"You demons think you are so clever." Bankotsu grumbled as the two made their way back towards the action.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru was growing impatient. The pounding on his front door and the ringing of his telephone were beginning to make him want to get out of bed and murder the intruder of his solitude.

Finally, he left opened the window to his upstairs bedroom and peered towards the front door. He saw Bankotsu's little brother, dressed like a girl with a pink feather boa.

"What the hell do you want?" Sesshoumaru demanded with impatience.

"You didn't come to the party, so I brought the party to you!" Jakotsu answered cheerfully.

"Leave before I strangle you by your intestines." Sesshoumaru answered coolly with an indifferent mask upon his face.

"Aw, but Sesshy don't you like my feather boa." Jak stuck out his bottom lip in a pout.

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow. `What the hell?'

"Sesshoooooooou, Sesshy, Maru-chan!"

"Never call me Maru-chan you disgusting human. Get out of my site NOW!" Sesshoumaru slammed shut his window and sat upon his bed with a heavy thud.

His mother used to call him Maru-chan. No one was allowed to call him that. Besides what was the matter with that boy? He was going to have to talk to Bankotsu and see what the problem was.

Perhaps it was time to seek some entertainment on the internet again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Kagome!" Souta cried as he threw open the front door of the shrine to welcome his older sister home. Kohaku and Rin were sitting in front of the television watching a cartoon.

Kagome smiled at her little brother and hugged him. Kouga was standing behind her and Souta hugged him too and kept hold of his neck, letting the wolf demon carry him around the living room.

"Kouga's here!" Kohaku exclaimed excited. Immediately he jumped on Kouga's back and he and Souta began to wrestle with the track star athlete from Kagome's university.

"Hey Rin." Kagome greeted the younger girl. Rin smiled at Kagome and hugged her.

"Your mom said to give you this." Rin handed Kagome an envelope.

Kagome opened it, it was her acceptance letter to study abroad in Australia for the Spring.

"What's that?" Kouga asked as he plopped down beside her on the couch after the two adolescent boys tired out.

Kagome smiled largely at him. "I got accepted for the Spring!" She hugged him tightly around the neck. Kouga hugged her back but couldn't retain the growl that emitted from his chest.

Kagome pulled back. "What?"

"It's just, we've never been away from each other that long. What if you meet someone?" Kouga asked.

"Stop being a baby, baby!" Kagome told him and lightly kissed him on the lips.

Rin flashed them a big smile. Kagome sat rigid when she realized the three adolescents just witnessed that.

"Hey, Souta, you want to play with my laptop upstairs?" Kagome suggested.

"You bet! Come on guys!" The three rushed upstairs with Kagome's laptop in tow. They were going to play on the internet while they had the chance. Mrs. Higarashi refused to let Souta get the internet for the shrine.

"Let's watch a movie, shall we?" Kouga asked after he stuck a movie into the dvd player and pulled Kagome into his lap on the couch to snuggle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So what are we going to do?" Rin asked.

"Yeah, Souta, the internet isn't that great. Why are you so excited?" Kohaku asked.

"Perhaps the internet isn't that special, but pretending to be my sister and talking to her friends on her buddy list….now that is fun!" Souta exclaimed as he signed on.

~DemonLord: Hey Angel.

~AngelK: Hey there sexy, I missed you.

Sesshoumaru stared at his monitor. Did she know who he was?

~DemonLord: You know who this is?

~AngelK: Of course. How could I forget the one whom I dream about.

~DemonLord: I see.

~AngelK: We need to get together. I need a real man.

~DemonLord: I was under the impression you were dating Kouga.

~AngelK: That wimpy wolf is history. I need a real man like. You fit the bill.

Rin hit Souta upside the head. "What is wrong with you? Kagome would never talk like that! Besides, she and Kouga are obviously together."

Souta looked at the calendar upon the wall. "No they aren't. They are in their broken up stage. Now be quiet. This is getting fun."

~AngelK: I'm so simpleminded. Where did you live again?

~DemonLord: Australia.

"How could she forget that?" Sesshoumaru muttered outloud.

~AngelK: Well I know that. I meant where in Australia.

~DemonLord: I live near University of Sidney.

~AngelK: Excellent. I'll be there in the Spring. We can become better acquainted.

~DemonLord: You are studying abroad here?

~AngelK: Yes my dark prince. G2G! (*AngelK signed off*)

Souta quickly closed the instant messenger on the laptop as he heard his sister approach the room.

"Hey you guys, I'm going to order some pizza. Is pepperoni okay?" Kagome asked when she poked her head in the door.

Rin and Kohaku flashed her the biggest guilty smiles. Souta kept his cool. "That's fine, sis."

"She's going to kill you if she finds out!" Rin whispered.

"Calm down Rin, it was harmless. It's not like anybody takes instant messaging serious." Kohaku countered.