InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Online Drama ❯ Pool Shark ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mrs. Higarashi arrived at the house around 8:30 that night. She opened the front door to find two young adults making out on her couch. She shook her head at the all too familiar sight.

"Kagome, I would appreciate it if when you are watching your brother that you pay more attention to him instead of Kouga." Mrs. Higarashi teased her tomato red daughter who promptly fell off Kouga's lap and onto the floor upon her interruption.

Kouga smiled at the older woman. "It's my fault mom. You know I can't resist her beauty." Kouga extended his hand toward his fallen ex-girlfriend and helped her rise to her feet.

"Thank you for watching the children so well. Why don't the two of you go out? Isn't Miroku in town?" Mrs. Higarashi questioned the two as she put her coat into the closet.

Kagome looked at Kouga and smiled mischievously. "You're right mom, Miroku is in town and I don't believe I've ever played pool with him before."

Both Mrs. Higarashi and Kouga looked at her with wary eyes. "Just make sure he still has enough money to get back home, dear." Her mother advised.

"Okay, I'm going to run upstairs and tell Souta and his friends bye." Kagome informed the two as she hopped over the couch and raced up the stairs.

Kouga stood up awkwardly and rubbed his hand behind his neck nervously. He would prefer it if mom didn't always look at him with that appraising look trying to deem whether or not he was worthy of her daughter.

"I think I'll go wait for `Gome in the car now." Kouga rushed out of the house with lighting fast speed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~AngelK: Sorry about that, did you miss me?

~DemonLord: I suppose.

"Geez, he's not much of a conversationalist is he?" Rin asked the two boys as she had taken over the keyboard.

~AngelK: So what are you doing online right now?

~DemonLord: I'm avoiding a party right now.

~AngelK: Why would you do that? Are the others there beneath you?

"Yeah right, like he's going to answer that. Even Kouga isn't that arrogant." Kohaku admonished Rin.

~DemonLord: In essence yes.

Hurried steps could be heard coming back up the stairs. Rin decided to stay online and turn the computer monitor away from view as Souta and Kohaku pretended to play a card game.

"Hey guys, I'm about to leave. Are you about done with my computer?" Kagome asked as she entered the room.

"Geez Kagome, now I don't remember whose turn it was to play." Souta whined pretending to pout about her interruption of his card game with Kohaku.

"My humblest apologies Souta." Kagome told her little brother while kneeling beside him on the ground and hugging him fiercely. Her brother squirmed out of her embrace.

"I'm not a child you know!" Souta told her while rising to his feet.

"Where are you and Kouga going now?" Kohaku asked curious.

Kagome flashed him a cunning smile. "I don't believe Miroku has had the pleasure of challenging me to a game of pool yet."

Rin redirected her attention back to the instant messenger.

~AngelK: Once again, I must leave.

~DemonLord: Busy aren't we?

~AngelK: When the opportunity to shark an unsuspecting Australian arises, one must meet the challenge.

~DemonLord: You're a pool shark?

~AngelK: Of course not, I just have no skill and happen to get lucky when I play against new people.

~DemonLord: What happens when you lose?

~AngelK: Not an option. (*AngelK signs off*)

Rin quickly shut the computer and unplugged it before returning it to Kagome.

"Thanks Kagome-chan. It's always fun." Rin told the other girl.

Kagome ruffled her hair. "Okay, see you brats later." Then she left the room to meet Kouga in the car outside.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru leaned back in his desk chair and stared at his monitor puzzled by this AngelK and her words. He continued to pump his left arm up and down curling his dumbbell. He wondered if perhaps he should call his fellow country man to warn him about the pool shark he was up against.

Miroku was good at pool and if he didn't underestimate this woman perhaps her first loss would happen. Maybe he could even inspire the boy to request a good prize out of his victory.

Thirty minutes of curling passed. But then the decision was made and Sesshoumaru reached for his cell phone and called.

On the third ring, someone answered. "G'day."

"Miroku." Sesshoumaru replied in greeting.

"Hey what caused you to grace me with a call from your highness?" Miroku asked as he glanced warily at Kouga who was driving like a maniac. He had just agreed to accompany the three to a local pool hall. Kouga wanted to teach Kagome how to shoot.

"I have an intuitive feeling that you are on your way to a pool hall." Sesshoumaru's silky voice replied on the other end.

"Damn, how did you know?" Miroku asked truly baffled resulting in Sango giving him a curious look.

"I have my ways. Kouga's girl is a pool shark."

"Does this mean you really care?" Miroku asked with false sugar in this voice.

"No fool. I want you to beat her. And when you beat her, it is not money that you will request but you will request……"Sesshoumaru informed his friend.

Miroku nodded in amusement at Sesshoumaru's request. "Okay, you got it. That shall be my request. Time to jet." Miroku hung up.

"Who was that?" Sango asked curiously as the troop climbed out of Kouga's car.

"That was a friend from back home. They didn't really want anything. Shall we play?" Miroku offered Sango his arm and she took it as he led her to the pool hall entrance.

Kagome and Kouga were in the lead he had wrapped his tail around her waist after she pouted. Of course, the appendage was not visible to the naked eye, but it was tangible and could be felt. Kagome suddenly whipped around resulting in a sharp yelp from Kouga at the not-so-gentle tug on his tail. "Say, how did things go after we left dinner?"

Miroku and Sango exchanged looks with one another. "I don't think Eri will be talking about Hojo as much now." Sango told her friend.

"That bad, huh?" Kagome quirked an eyebrow and the two both nodded sadly.

"Oh well, let's go play pool! I'm so excited for you to teach me Kouga-kun." Kagome gushed at her boyfriend as the two shared a not-so-secret smile. It was going to be such a blast conning Miroku.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome was leaning over the pool table with her cue in hand. She had a look of utmost concentration upon her face. Kouga was leaning over her with his hands covering her own helping her to aim. She pulled back the stick and hit the 8-ball into the corner pocket.

Kagome stood up straight and wrapped her arms around Kouga. "We did it! You are the best teacher ever! Let's go Miroku, you're going down." Kagome turned her attention towards the Australian who had been watching the game with amusement.

"I don't know Kagome, I'm a good pool player and you just learned. It would be cruel for me to take advantage of you." Miroku answered. Sango gaped at his response.

Kagome only giggled. "Don't worry Miroku. But I think we should make the game more interesting."

Miroku raised an eyebrow. "What do you suggest? Strip pool sounds like a good game to me." Sango promptly hit her boyfriend upside the head.

"No, no, how about we make a little wager." Kagome continued.

"Alright. What do you want if you win?"

"You buy me a new snow board." Kagome told him. She had her eyes on a particularly expensive board.

"That sounds fair. If I win, then you will get a tattoo." Miroku told her with a dead serious voice.

Kagome, Kouga, and Sango all dropped their jaws.

"You are not marring her perfect flesh you monk!" Kouga snarled while raising a threatening fist towards his friend.

"Why does everyone call me a monk? Anyways, it's not a permanent tattoo, just a Henna one that will last a few months." Miroku told them.

"What will this tattoo say?" Sango inquired.

"How about we wait until after our friendly game?" Miroku plucked a pool stick from the wall and stood waiting for Kagome to rack the balls.

Kagome smiled. "Fine. Let's play."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha felt violated. Apparently Bankotsu felt he wasn't properly enjoying himself and decided to throw him into a mob of hormone crazed women. He was missing a few buttons to his shirt and had a suspicious that some of his precious silver locks had been snipped.

"You realize that I'm going to kill you, Bank." Inuyasha threatened his new enemy.

"Lighten up man. You know you liked all those girls throwing themselves at you." Bankotsu answered with a cocky smirk.

Inuyasha fisted his friend's braid into his hand and yanked him in the direction of another mob of vicious girls. "Great party, Bank, but I need to make sure your boa wearing brother didn't get murdered by my holier-than-thou sibling."

Inuyasha arrived to the house he shared with his half-brother ever since the death of their parents. He noticed all the lights were out except for in Sesshoumaru's bedroom.

Inuyasha banged hard upon the door. "Hey! Sesshoumaru! You busy with Jakotsu?"

Suddenly the door flew open and one pissed off older brother greeted the slightly buzzed Inuyasha.

"THAT was not funny. If that pink, feather boa wearing weirdo even steps foot on this property I will kill both of you in the most vicious of ways." Sesshoumaru threatened.

Inuyasha merely smiled and patted his brother on the shoulder. "There, there, Fluffy no harm done. You know, Kagura kept asking about you."

Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes. "I care not. Leave. Your presence annoys me." The door was slammed into Inuyasha's face.

"Yeah, I love you too." Inuyasha muttered as he stumbled his way into his room. He sat on his bed for a while, but was unable to fall asleep. It was pretty early in the morning but early in the night in America. Perhaps if he waited online he'd be able to catch that AngelK sometime.

Four hours later, Inuyasha jolted awake from his sleep. He had a crook in his neck for he fell asleep at his desk. He happened to glance towards his monitor while waiting for his fuzzy vision to clear.

~Steel Claws: Hey babe.

~AngelK: Inuyasha? Is it really you this time?

~Steel Claws: Keh, who else would it be?

~AngelK: O, well I talked to your brother last time.

`What! That liar! He said she didn't get online!' Inuyasha silently fumed to himself as he sent a pencil holder that was innocently perched on his desk flying across the room slamming into the wall closest to his brother's room.

~Steel Claws: He failed to mention that. What did you think of him?

~AngelK: Rude, arrogant, egotistical

~Steel Claws: Acute observation.

~AngelK: But he pales in comparison to Miroku! I hate that cheater!

~Steel Claws: Miroku? What did he do?

~AngelK: Well, he cheated!

~Steel Claws: Okay, got that part.

~AngelK: And when he won, he made me……….

~Steel Claws: Made you………..what?

~AngelK: Get a tattoo

~Steel Claws: WHAT?!?

~AngelK: Not a real one, one of those Henna ones that last for a few months.

~Steel Claws: That doesn't sound so bad.

~AngelK: Yeah, but its what the tattoo says!

~Steel Claws: And that is……..what?

~AngelK: It's the Japanese symbols that spell out the name Sesshoumaru!

~Steel Claws: WHAT!?!?

Inuyasha rose from his chair as it toppled over heavily and stormed into his brother's room. He shook him roughly by the shoulders while yelling in his ears.

"YOU BASTARD! What the HELL did you do? When did YOU talk to Miroku? You LIAR!"

Sesshoumaru roughly threw his younger enraged brother's hands from his shoulders. "I'm trying to sleep." Then he buried his head under his pillow to block out the noise while turning his back upon his brother.

However the kick to his side woke him up. He grasped the offending foot as it tried to hit it's mark again. "What is wrong with you?" Sesshoumaru asked with a trace of annoyance entering his voice.

"Why does she have a tattoo with your BLOODY name on it?" Inuyasha demanded.

Sesshoumaru laughed. "I take it she lost then."

"Shut up Sesshoumaru. You lied. You told me you didn't talk to her." Inuyasha ground out.

"Look. First off, in reference to your previous comments, I'm not the bastard, you are. And second yeah, I lied. Now leave." Sesshoumaru grabbed hold of his brother's shoulders and tossed him out the door and then locked it securely.

He climbed back into bed with a satisfied smirk. "So when someone asks who she belongs to, I can say me considering the fact that my name is written on her." However, a frown soon marred his features. "But I don't even know what she looks like."

Inuyasha was livid but pulled himself off the floor outside his brother's door and returned to his computer anxious to find out more details from the source.

~AngelK: I can't believe I lost.

~AngelK: I've NEVER lost!

~AngelK: It's like he already knew my game.

~AngelK: Um…….Inuyasha? Where did you go?

~Steel Claws: Back. I had to get a glass of water.

~AngelK: O. I still can't believe I lost.

~Steel Claws: Stop bitching about it. What were you going to get if you won?

~AngelK: A new snow board!

~Steel Claws: Cool. Do you surf?

~AngelK: Not on the ocean yet. Maybe when I go `down under' I'll learn.

Inuyasha rubbed his triangular puppy ears. It was a nervous habit of his. Should he offer to teach her to surf?

~AngelK: Man, I need some chocolate.

~Steel Claws: What?

~AngelK: Chocolate. Nobody lets me have any. Ever.

~Steel Claws: Why not?

~AngelK: Apparently it makes me too hyper. I wouldn't know. I never get to have chocolate.

~Steel Claws: Who doesn't let you have it?

~AngelK: Sango and Kouga. They are so mean sometimes.

~Steel Claws: They are mean because they won't let you have chocolate?

~AngelK: Correct. Hm……it's late. I'm going to bed. Nite.

~Steel Claws: Good morning.

Inuyasha was exhausted and since he had nothing to look forward to now that the talked to his future prize he stumbled over to his bed and promptly fell asleep.