InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Online Drama ❯ Cross Country ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A few days had passed and finals had come and gone for the college students in America. Kagome had decided upon inviting some of her closer friends to her uncle's cabin at a ski resort.

They were happy to accept the offer and ready to enjoy a weekend of fun in the snow before leaving for the judo tournament the following Monday.

"Can I drive?" Kagome pleaded with Kouga after loading up their things.

"No." Kouga answered as he sat in the drivers seat and leaned over to unlock her door.

"Please? Just to Sango's house! I'll be careful." Kagome continued.

Kouga looked at her and for a moment was tempted to cave but then he had a flashback to the last time she drove. She was a complete maniac and spent more time trying to find the right radio station than watching the road. He shook his head.

Kagome crossed her arms and pouted. "Fine."

Twenty minutes later, the group now included Sango and Miroku. However, half an hour later the seating arrangements had to be altered.

"I don't understand why I can't sit with my own girlfriend." Miroku grumbled from the front passenger seat.

Sango glared at him. "If you would stop being such a hentai you could sit with me. You….you……hentai!" She hit him upside the head with the novel she was reading.

Miroku rubbed his sore head. "You don't have to hit me all the time."

"Hmph. Your head is hard enough, it's not going to hurt you." Sango told him returning her attention to her novel.

Kagome suppressed a giggle and met Kouga's eyes in the rear view mirror. He too looked like he wanted to laugh. Kagome had another idea, so she reached her hands around Kouga's seat and began to massage his shoulders.

Kouga released a slight moan of pleasure at her touch and was relaxing in his seat. "You know that's not going to work. You still aren't driving." He told her.

Kagome immediately retracted her hands and stuck her head phones on and crossed her arms to pout.

Kagome lead the group to the front door of the cabin after exiting Kouga's vehicle. She fished out the keys and everyone entered.

"Okay, there are four bedrooms. So we all have our own." Kagome informed them. Miroku and Kouga both had face faults.

"But, Kagome, I was hoping we could share." Kouga told her in a husky voice.

Kagome rolled her eyes at him. "My uncle made me promise that we would all have separate rooms. I never break a promise. So don't ask again." Kagome told him.

"Fine. I'm going to get my board." Kouga stomped off towards the room he claimed leaving the other three behind.

Sango was inspecting the cabin. "This place is beautiful Kagome. Thank you so much for inviting us." She handed her bags to Miroku with the silent command to deliver them to her room and sat upon the couch in front of the empty fire place.

Kagome dropped off her things into a room and then joined Sango on the couch. "So, what should we do?"

Kouga reappeared. "We go snow boarding of course!" He grabbed Kagome's hand and dragged her towards her room. "Get your stuff. I want to go in the next ten minutes."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha and Bankotsu were hanging out watching some American films and eating. Bankotsu was eating popcorn but as typical of Inuyasha's odd habits, he was eating Ramen noodles.

"What the hell is wrong with you that you eat Ramen? Why don't you eat popcorn like a normal person?" Bankotsu inquired slightly nauseous with his friend's sloppy eating.

Inuyasha wiped his mouth with his sleeve, never taking his eyes off the screen. "I'm not a normal person."

Bankotsu would have to agree. Normal people didn't have dog ears and fangs. He decided to change the subject. "So what's up with your cyber chick?"

"I haven't seen her online for a while. She said something about finals. I keep forgetting it's winter there when it's summer here." Inuyasha told him finally giving him his attention.

"I see. So is she going to be here Monday? For the tournament?" Bankotsu inquired while popping in some more popcorn and then downing some Fosters.

"Yeah." Inuyasha replied absently.

"You don't sound that excited."

"Well, to tell you the truth, I don't even know what she looks like. I mean, I saw a picture once, but that was briefly. I wouldn't recognize her if I saw her and you I do have a tendency to give a bad first impression." Inuyasha replied while setting his empty bowl onto the coffee table.

"She'll probably be the girl that's with Kouga, Miroku, and Sango. It will be easy to recognize her. There's something else."

Inuyasha glanced back at his childhood friend. Was he really that easy to read. "Well, Sesshoumaru has been talking to her as well."

Bankotsu put his feet on the table and relaxed onto the couch with his arms behind his head. "I wouldn't worry about that. He probably doesn't even know what her name is, nor does he know what she looks like. I'd say you have the advantage."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru was bored at his part-time job. He was the supervisor for the media relations department of his father's old corporation. It was passed down to him after his father's death, but he was unable to take full control until his 25th birthday.

He went into his office and sat behind his desk and flipped on his computer. Perhaps he could find that Angel girl online.

Perhaps it was a lucky day for Sesshoumaru.

~DemonLord: It's been a long time.

~AngelK: Yeah, long as in never.

~DemonLord: It hasn't been that long.

~AngelK: Okay…..

Kagome pinched the bridge of her nose. Why was this guy on her buddy list? She had never talked to him before.

~DemonLord: How was that pool game?

~AngelK: What do you know about that?

~DemonLord: I was just curious if you were able to defeat the Aussie as easily as you bragged.

~AngelK: How do you know about that? Who the hell ARE you!??

Sesshoumaru glared at his monitor in anger. How dare she pretend to not know me!

~DemonLord: You TOLD me that when last I spoke with you.

~AngelK: I've never talked to you before! Wait, when did I talk to you?

~DemonLord: Last we spoke, you told me you were leaving to play pool.

Kagome fumed with anger. She was going to kill Souta and his friends!

~AngelK: Exactly, what did I say?

~DemonLord: Apparently it was not you whom I spoke.

~AngelK: Damn straight! You talked to my soon-to-be dead little brother Souta!

~DemonLord: Are you still coming to Australia?

~AngelK: Yes…..who is this? You know who I am, who are you?

~DemonLord: I'll be at the tournament, I'd rather meet you in person anyway.

~AngelK: So you won't even tell me your name?

~DemonLord: I must get back to work, I'm on the clock right now.

~AngelK: Okay……..I suppose I'll see you Monday.

(*DemonLord signs off*)

Sesshoumaru buried his head into his palms. It would figure that it wasn't her he spoke to earlier. That would have made things way too easy. However, he was now a little anxious. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to have Miroku request a Henna tattoo with his name on it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Monday came and the Americans and Miroku were exiting the plane and walking through the airport.

"So why can't she have chocolate?" Miroku inquired for the fiftieth time that afternoon.

"She just can't!" Sango answered exasperated. It wasn't helping that Kagome kept begging and Miroku kept offering. She and Kouga were having difficulty keeping an eye on the two.

"Hey Sango, why don't you go with Kouga. I want to show Kagome around a little before we meet you at the check in." Miroku suggested, he was very curious of what would happen to Kagome with a little chocolate influence.

"That will work, I suppose." Sango drawled out slightly suspicious.

"Great! I'll meet you guys in like an hour!" Miroku told them happily as he grabbed hold of Kagome's arm and ran away from the other two of their group.

Kouga looked at Sango. "Why do I suddenly not trust him?'

"Kagome can take care of herself. Plus Miroku wouldn't be stupid enough to tick either of us off." Sango told him reassuringly.

"Right. Well they are delivering your bags to Miroku's house and mine to the hotel room for the tournament participants so we can just leave now." Kouga told her as they went in the direction of where the tournament was being held.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So Kagome, would you like to get some ice cream first? It's pretty hot." Miroku suggested innocently.

"Sure! I love ice cream what flavor are you going to get?" Kagome asked excitedly while taking in the sights as the foreigner to the country that she was.

"I was thinking triple chocolate fudge. You should try that, it's my favorite." Miroku suggested.

Kagome looked thoughtful. "I don't know. Kouga and Sango don't let me have chocolate for a reason. But, I really want some! Okay!" She readjusted her baseball cap to keep the sun's glare from hurting her eyes as she followed Miroku around the corner to the ice cream shop.

Miroku grinned wickedly. This is going to be great!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kouga had just finished with his measurements and weights. He would remain in the heavy weight category the same as Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha. He was relieved for a moment he was afraid that he might have lost too much weight after his training in track that semester.

"I see Miroku over there, I'm going to go talk to him. Meet you guys for dinner." Sango told her friend as she ran over to her Aussie.

"Where's Kagome?" Sango asked him curiously.

Miroku grinned uneasily. "Ummm……she is in the restroom, must have been something she ate." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Sango looked at him with suspicion. "What did you feed her?"

"Just some ice cream. Hey there's Inuyasha, and Kouga lets go talk to them!" Miroku quickly left his girlfriend in favor of catching the fight soon to break out between the two.

"Long time no see mutt-face." Kouga told his rival as they faced each other off.

"Why bother competing you wimpy-wolf? You know you'll lose to me this year." Inuyasha told him with a cocky expression.

"No way would I lose. You didn't beat me last year, why would you beat me this year?" Kouga challenged.

"I beat you all the other years and we tied last year. I was sick that day anyway." Inuyasha excused himself.

"Youkai don't get sick you baka!" Kouga roared.

A few uneasy glances greeted the two from the normal humans in the vicinity along with a few snickers from nearby youkai.

"Don't be so loud you idiot. Do you want everyone to know?" Inuyasha whispered fiercely.

"I---"Kouga began but was stopped when two small hands suddenly wrapped around his waist from behind.

"Kouga-kun! Kouga-kun! Guess what! Guess what!" An extremely hyper young woman was ranting while jumping up and down shaking Kouga along with her.

Kouga turned his head to notice his girlfriend squeezing him in an excessively hyper fashion. He noticed Miroku approaching and gave him a death stare, already knowing the source of her energy.

"What is it? I want you to tell me." Kouga asked softly in an effort to calm the girl down, more stares were being directed at him. Inuyasha was laughing softly at Kouga's expense.

"No! I want to show you!" She grabbed his hands and pulled him along at lightning fast speed down the hallway.

Miroku and Sango stood beside Inuyasha. Sango hit Miroku upside the head and then went in the direction of Kouga and Kagome.

Inuyasha helped Miroku to his feet. "What a psycho wench. You okay?"

"Don't talk about Sango like that!" Miroku hollered. Inuyasha took a step back.

"I wasn't talking about Sango, I was talking about that freak latching onto Kouga. Was that Ayame or something?" Inuyasha asked, he remembered how that girl had latched herself onto the wolf at the last tournament and wouldn't stop bothering him even after he repeatedly told her of his girlfriend.

Miroku looked at Inuyasha for a moment. "That's not Ayame." He told him calmly.

"Who the f-was it then? Nobody in their right mind would act like that to Kouga. He's such a wimp. Besides, when are you going to introduce me to Kagome?" Inuyasha asked glancing around for a pretty girl that would match his mental picture.

"In due time, my friend."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"It's so cool Kouga-kun! You'll think it's awesome! I was so shocked myself, but then I remembered we're in the southern hemisphere so it only makes sense. Come; come! Follow! Hurry!" Kagome continued to drag her boyfriend after her towards the girl's restroom.

"Kagome! I can't go in there!" Kouga told her with his voiced laced full of anxiety.

"Sure you can! I'm like your pass. As long as you're with a girl, its okay." She reassured him as she kicked open the bathroom door and met several screaming girls evacuating the bathroom.

"I should bring you more often! Then I would never have to wait in line!" Kagome squealed in delight as she shoved Kouga into a stall with her and shut the door.

"Kagome, what did you want to show me?" Kouga whispered in her ear as he leaned over her placing his hands on either side of her face caging her between the stall door and himself.

Kagome smiled. "This!" She reached low balancing herself with her hand on his inner thigh and for a second Kouga started to panic. They weren't ready to do something like that! But then the flush of the toilet broke him out of his panicked state.

"Kagome?" Kouga asked confused as he stood up straight releasing her from the awkward position she had placed herself in during her effort to flush the toilet.

"Look!" She grabbed hold of his face and directed his gaze to the toilet waters swirling down the drain.

"It flushes. So?" Kouga asked confused.

Kagome huffed and put her hands on her hips. "But Kouga-kun, didn't you notice the way it flushes! It's going counterclockwise!" She informed him in exasperation.

"Okay." Kouga replied still confused by the significance.

"It's the earth's magnetism! In the northern hemisphere water drains clockwise and here it is reverse!" She told him proudly.

"Let me get this straight. You drag me all the way to the girl's restroom to show me a flushed toilet?" Kouga asked carefully.

"Yep!" Kagome's smile made him forget his annoyance and he simply sighed.

"Did Miroku give you chocolate?" A voice outside the stall inquired.

Kagome opened the stall door quickly. "Sango! You've got to see this!"