InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Online Drama ❯ Night with Maru ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha was slightly annoyed. Miroku had been back all day and had yet to show him Kagome. He was actually very annoyed. What kind of a friend was Miroku anyway? Not a very good one it would seem. Inuyasha decided to check online, maybe the worthless hentai was on.

~Steel Claws: Where the hell have you been?

~SexyMonk: Um….hello to you too.

~Steel Claws: So when do I meet her?

~SexyMonk: Well, I kind of got in some trouble earlier today.

~Steel Claws: What do I care? When do I meet her?

~SexyMonk: Tonight?

~Steel Claws: Where?

~SexyMonk: Well the four of us are having dinner tonight, you could happen to show up.

Miroku looked around guiltily after instant messaging with Inuyasha. He noticed that Kagome was unfortunately off her chocolate high and that Kouga was ready to eat. Sango was taking her precious time in getting dressed.

"Kagome, babe you look gorgeous." Kouga complimented his girlfriend who stood against the wall. She was wearing tight black pants and a blue button-up shirt with flared sleeves. Her hair was down and cascading across her back.

She smiled at him. "You look good as well, Kouga-kun." She replied giving him a quick nod of approval for his brown leather pants and silver shirt.

Sango came running down the stairs wearing a pink and black skin-tight pants and shirt combination. "It's about time!" Miroku replied while nervously glancing at his watch. Inuyasha was going to kill him. However, Sango looked very sexy when he bothered to look at her. He smiled a lecherous smile.

"Don't even think it." Sango told him. The four left for the restaurant.

They were immediately seated upon arriving at the restaurant. Miroku and Sango sat on one side of the table while Kouga pulled Kagome ridiculously close to him. At first Kagome didn't mind sitting so close to Kouga, but when their waiter turned out to be a guy that was checking her out Kouga's actions began to grate on her nerves.

Softly he growled at the waiter's approach. He pulled Kagome all the way into his lap and went so far as to wrap his tail possessively around her. After their food arrived he tried to feed Kagome as well, but she had enough of this behavior by then.

She yanked his tail hard and he recoiled and released her from his grasp. Then she slapped him across the face. "Stop behaving like such a fool!" She shouted in his face and then climbed over him to leave the restaurant.

Sango and Miroku could only stare at her retreat in silence. They had both been somewhat entertained by the interactions of everyone's favorite couple. It was unexpected that Kagome would snap like she did though. However, it made sense. The problem with their relationship was his over-possessiveness.

Unfortunately for Miroku, Inuyasha arrived approximately two minutes after Kagome's retreat.

"Hey Miroku. I didn't think I'd see you here. Sango, Kouga, hello." Inuyasha greeted.

Miroku smiled. "Why don't you join us?"

Inuyasha shot Miroku a questioning glance. "It's a real shame you didn't meet Kagome. She just left a few minutes ago. Seems to have been a lover's dispute." Miroku explained the silent inquiry.

Inuyasha internally fumed. It seemed that the world was against him meeting this girl!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome was upset. Kouga was doing it again. She loved the boy, but he was always so possessive. He treated her more like an object than a person. She wasn't sure where she was going. Her stomach growled to inform her that she was still hungry.

Not far down the street from the restaurant was a small café. Perhaps a bite from there would tie her over. She entered the small shop and noticed that most of the booths were full. She saw one where there only appeared to be one occupant. Maybe they wouldn't mind some company.

She went to the counter and made her order, then began to walk towards the mystery person. They sat with their back to her and had long white hair. Whoever it was appeared to be reading a newspaper. Kagome walked to the other side of the table and sat down.

She smiled as the young man lowered his paper to eye her quizzically. She almost gasped as she noticed that the young man was indeed a youkai and was quite beautiful to behold. "Hi. Do you mind some company?" She asked.

Golden eyes narrowed at her. "Do I know you?"

Kagome waved her hand dismissively. "No, not yet anyway. I just walked out of a restaurant because my date was being an idiot. I'm hungry and noticed you sitting by yourself. I'm sorry to have bothered you." She began to rise from her seat.

However a hand shot out and wrapped firmly around her wrist and led her back to her seat. "Do join me. May I inquire as to whom I have to fortune of being with?"

"I have an idea, why don't we get to know each other, but without telling each other our names." Kagome suggested.

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow. Why did this routine sound so familiar to him? "We go through dinner without a name?"

"If we like one another's company we may go many hours without a name. At the conclusion, we'll share our names with one another. How does that sound?" Kagome asked as the waiter brought over her soup and tea.

"Very well. It sounds intriguing." Sesshoumaru agreed.

Kagome gently blew upon her soup and tasted it. Then her curious eyes met the golden gaze of her companion. "You here for the tournament?"

Sesshoumaru shook his head. "Are you?"

Kagome shrugged. "Yes and no. I'm not personally involved with it, but I'm supporting a couple of friends."

"Do you enjoy Australia so far?" Sesshoumaru asked once he picked up the subtle differences between their accents and noticed an American edge to her words.

"You are the first native I've met since here. So I suppose so far I think it's nice and friendly. Perhaps it is even exciting." Kagome smiled at him before swallowing her next spoonful.

Sesshoumaru smirked. No one had confused him with being nice and friendly before. "What do you like to do?"

"Let's see, I attend a university in the states on an Archery scholarship, I'll be studying abroad here next semester, I love to snowboard, and I enjoy playing jazz." Kagome summed up some of her more interesting qualities.

"Fair enough. I live here, I am president of the Judo team at my university, I work part-time at my father's old corporation, I may be serving as a host to exchange students next semester, I prefer surfing, and I too enjoy playing jazz." Sesshoumaru replied with a grin when he noticed his dinner companion's eyes light up at the last proclamation.

Kagome reached into her pocket and threw some bills onto the table and stood up and roughly grabbed hold of Sesshoumaru and began to lead him out of the café much to his surprise. Never had someone paid for his meal before and much less had he ever been dragged out of a café.

Sesshoumaru gave the young woman an amused smile. "Are you trying to kidnap me? I hope that your intentions aren't too honorable." He suggested playfully.

Kagome looked at him like he had grown a big fluffy white tail. Which of course he had not. Then she smiled at him in a carefree way that made him want to smile back, but he didn't. "Let's go to a jazz club!" She suggested.

Sesshoumaru looked at her questioningly. "What about the friends you left behind? Will they not be worried?"

Kagome looked fairly pensive. "I'll leave a text message or something, after we get to the jazz club. I don't want them to make me go home early before we have a chance to have some fun!"

Sesshoumaru caved. He was unsure as to why he was allowing himself to be manipulated by this little woman. He didn't even know her name and yet was allowing her to drag him across Sidney.

"Very well." Sesshoumaru agreed.

Sesshoumaru led her towards a popular jazz club that was located five blocks away. He was very pleased with himself for deciding to walk to the café instead of driving. This American spitfire was truly a pleasure to spend time with. He felt more comfortable around her than he had around anyone.

Kagome's eyes practically went ablaze upon entering the jazz club. The music made her blood dance and she pulled Sesshoumaru around and they began to dance to the reggae sounds that flooded their ears. Cool, calm Sesshoumaru was drawing the stares of many locals. Never had they seen him acting so much like a college student.

Kagome's grin extended from ear to ear when the band took a break and put on a record with some jitterbug music. She was very excited to discover that her dance partner knew some pretty smooth moves.

The pair soon had an audience encircle them as Sesshoumaru threw Kagome into the air and spun her around and pretzeled her around his body. He slid her under his legs and then pulled her to a position of perfect vertical balance with her feet reaching for the ceiling and her hands resting upon his palms that were extended above his head.

Finally he twisted her once more and caught her bridal style into his arms. She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck as they both fought to catch their breath and the crowd burst in applause. Kagome smiled into Sesshoumaru's neck as he buried his face into her raven locks.

"That was amazing!" Kagome gasped.

"I'd have to agree." Sesshoumaru whispered quietly.

Kagome unwound her arms from his neck and looked him in the eyes. "Do you play anything?"

"You mean as in instruments?" Sesshoumaru inquired.

Kagome nodded her head. "Well I can play the saxophone a bit." He admitted.

Kagome clapped her hands together and smiled enthusiastically. "Excellent! I can play trumpet! Let's ask the band if we can play in the next set!" Once again Sesshoumaru was allowing this woman to pull him towards something that he would not in his right mind consent to do.

Surprisingly the band agreed and the saxophone player took Sesshoumaru aside to tell him some information while the lead trumpet player did the same for Kagome. Soon the two were being tuned and nervously cast each other a look.

Kagome gave Sesshoumaru the thumbs up signal. Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes. How American could one be? The drummer began to click off the count. Sesshoumaru began to play the notes the sax player had told him to play. Soon Kagome began to join in. The rest of the band trailed off midway through the song leaving room for the two to improvise.

Sesshoumaru went first. He was truly talented. He did trills and various octaves and the sheer velocity of his fingers moving across the instruments keys with the soft clicking of metal on metal made Kagome and the rest of the audience united in their amazement.

Soon it was Kagome's turn. Sesshoumaru finished his last note while locking eyes with her. She nodded her head and then took a deep breath and her performance was no less impressive than Sesshoumaru's had been. Sesshoumaru smiled at her obvious talent and thought about how he could put that tongue of hers into better use.

The rest of the band joined back in and Kagome and Sesshoumaru left the stage in a round of applause. Gracefully the two bowed in acceptance of the praise and hastily made their escape out the back doors.

Kagome was laughing the whole way. Sesshoumaru held her hand within his as he led her away from the busy streets. The two had been the center of attention for too much that evening already. Her laugh was contagious and soon Sesshoumaru found himself releasing a small heartfelt chuckle.

Kagome stopped him from his running and gave him an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, but I just looked at the time."

Sesshoumaru too inspected his watch and was shocked to say the least. He had been enjoying his evening paper around seven thirty in that small café and now it was three in the morning. "You never did text message your friend did you?"

Kagome's guilty smile was answer enough. "Come on, let's return you to your friends. I have to be up at eight this morning for my first match."

Kagome hugged him tightly, catching him off guard. Confused, Sesshoumaru simply rubbed her back. "I am so sorry! I hope you win tomorrow! I didn't realize it was so late! I'll make it up to you if you lose!" Kagome told him.

Once again Sesshoumaru started laughing. He unwound the girl from him and began to lead her back towards the café area. "Worry not. It will take someone of great talent to defeat me. So where shall I return you to?"

Kagome gave him the directions to Miroku's house. The whole while, Sesshoumaru was plagued with a feeling of familiarity to both the girl and to the direction of which he was walking. Suddenly a visual memory flashed through his mind. When he had lifted Kagome above his head during their dance, her shirt had fallen slightly. He remembered seeing some sort of Henna art upon her stomach.

Could his companion of the evening be his AngelK? All signs seemed to be pointing to `yes!' They turned the last street and sure enough it was Miroku's house that they were heading towards.

"So when do we discover one another's names?" Sesshoumaru asked.

Kagome looked at him in shock. "I can't believe I forgot that I don't even know your name! I'm Kagome!" She replied holding out her hand for a handshake; which was really a ridiculous gesture all things considered.

Sesshoumaru took her hand and shook it. A brief moment of uncertainty flashed in his mind as he wanted to avoid any possible wrath she might feel for him because of the tattoo. "You may call me Maru." He told her, it was an alteration of his name. His mother had called him that, so it wasn't exactly a lie.

The two had reached Miroku's steps and a light had turned on within. Sango stood at the door with a scowl on her face. Kagome smiled innocently and then turned to regard Sesshoumaru. "Thank you for the fine evening Maru-chan." She whispered.

Sesshoumaru simply nodded his head and then disappeared into the night.

"Who was that?" Sango asked as she let her friend inside. "I was going to ask where you have been, but it's obvious now." She teased.

"I'm sorry, I had intended upon calling you to tell you of our whereabouts, but I was having such a wonderful time that completely forgot." Kagome explained.

"Just be glad that Kouga's got an early match tomorrow, or else he would have noticed the fact that you did not return. He thinks you are still angry with him so he left dinner to take out some aggressions upon a poor punching bag." Sango explained. She decided to leave out the whole Inuyasha/Kouga disaster that soon took place after Kagome's departure.

"So what are you going to do to pass the time tomorrow?" Sango asked as Kagome shut the door to the bathroom.

"I think I'm going to spend some time at the beach." Kagome answered.

"Miroku and I will be busy tomorrow running errands for his parents, so I'm afraid your own your own." Sango told her.

Kagome opened the door a crack to smile at her best friend. "I obviously don't have problems making new friends."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru fought another yawn. He was a little annoyed with the planners of the tournament. Although he didn't live far from where the fights were he was forced to stay in the hotel with the rest of the participants. Even worst, they had decided to room him with his brother.

As if living with Inuyasha for the past twenty years or so wasn't enough torture in itself. It was simply brutal to force him an early morning match after a long night while his brother had the day off.

Sesshoumaru heard the clumsy movements of his brother getting something to drink as he was about to open the door.

"So, dear brother, what are your plans for the day?" Sesshoumaru asked mildly curious.

Inuyasha yawned widely revealing his sharp fangs and stretched his arms wide. "Well, I had a rough dinner last night so I plan on relieving some stress on the waves."

"Have fun at the beach, watch out for strange girls." Sesshoumaru muttered as he shut the door.

Inuyasha stared at the door for a moment. "What did he mean by that comment?"