InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Online Drama ❯ Surfer Girl ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha drove his jeep over to Banktosu's to pick him up to head out for the beach. They strapped their surf boards to the rack on the roof of the vehicle. Bankotsu sat in the passenger seat with his feet propped up on the dash lazily clicking the remote to the cd changer looking for that perfect song.

"Stop that. You're pissing me off." Inuyasha told him as he yanked the remote from his hands and decided on a disc that caught his passenger off guard.

"What the hell are you listening to?" Bankotsu stared slack jawed at the driver.

Inuyasha glared at him after stopping at the last light before the beach. "Are you deaf?"

"But, this is freaking Mozart." Bankotsu replied.

"See, you're cultured. I happen to like classical music." Inuyasha told him as the light turned green and he made the final leg of the journey and parked his jeep. He and Bankotsu unstrapped their boards and headed towards the beach.

They picked a sweet spot on the fresh, untrampled sand. Bankotsu laid back on a towel to sunbathe. It wasn't that he was shallow, he just liked being tan. Inuyasha was busy polishing his board.

Bankotsu closed his eyes and placed his shades to protect him from those pesky rays. "So, how was dinner? Was the internet chick all she was supposed to be?"

Inuyasha polished his board harder then. "I wouldn't know. Stupid Kouga pissed her off so she left before I even got there. Then she wasn't online. I had thought about just asking her to meet me."

"So why don't you?" Bankotsu asked. He'd never had any problem getting a girl he wanted, so he didn't understand why Inuyasha was getting so upset.

"I'm thinking that maybe fate doesn't want us to meet. It's like destiny is against us meeting. It's like---" Inuyasha glanced up from his polishing to notice that his friend was too preoccupied and was no longer paying attention. He scrubbed harder on his board now that some stupid bimbo was flirting with his attention deficiet friend.

"So it's okay? You'll let me borrow your board?" The girl asked sweetly flashing Bankotsu a dazzling smile.

Bankotsu nodded, speechless at the moment. The girl was beautiful. Her hair was a gorgeous as his own, her eyes were enchanting, her body was that of a model and that little red bikini left little the imagination. He was only slightly confused at the tattoo of Japanese characters on her stomach. It looked strangely like the word `Sesshoumaru' but then again he wasn't thinking very well.

Kagome smiled at him and thanked him once more.

Inuyasha didn't even glance up at the girl. "I trust you know how to ride that." He told her since Bankotsu was too dumb founded to ask any questions.

"Of course. It can't be that much different from snow boarding." She answered before walking off towards the waves.

Inuyasha kept polishing his board and then the girl's words clicked. `It can't be that much different from snow boarding.' He looked up to find the surfer girl and found her paddling out to the waves. "You idiot!" He yelled at his friend before running after the girl with his surfboard in tow.

"I can do this. It's not so hard." Kagome muttered to herself. She'd seen plenty of surfing movies. It didn't look very difficult. All you do is paddle your board to the waves and then stand up. Simple. Only, the waves sure looked a lot bigger up close.

Inuyasha leaped into the ocean waters and paddled as quickly as possible towards the girl. She probably had no idea how foolish she was for attempting to surf on the waves off Australia. They were not friendly waves in the least especially for an amateur. "Hey girl! Stay calm, I'm going to help you okay!"

The girl looked back at him with a mixture of excitement and fear. She was finally understanding that perhaps surfing wasn't quite the same as snow boarding. The ground was definitely much more liquid when one was surfing!

The wave was coming. She looked back towards the strange boy with hair that was similar to Maru's white mane. He was going to be too late in arriving to help her on this first wave. Bravely, or foolishly, depending on your point of view, she stood up. The wave came and she tried to ride it.

Inuyasha saw the girl rise to stand. He became very worried. Hopefully her board doesn't hit her upside the head and knock her unconscious. She seemed to be balancing pretty well, but the second swell that rose seemed to escape her attention. Inuyasha gritted his teeth in anticipation of the inevitable.

It wasn't hard at all. This surfing thing was much easier than snow boarding, Kagome decided. But then the waves just kept coming and they were getting taller. She didn't know what she was supposed to do. She flashed a panicked look towards her would-be savior before she was buried under a mountain of waves.

Inuyasha silently cursed as he finally reached the girl. Or at least reached her surfboard. It was just his luck that she was pulled under the waves. He dived under the waters to search for her and hoped he wouldn't be too late.

He saw her a few feet below him sinking quickly. Her eyes were closed and she seemed to be unconscious. He caught her and wrapped his right arm around her small waist tightly and used his left arm to help him break the surface. He tied the cord to his surfboard around his wrist and tried to lay her upon her borrowed board.

She was breathing shallowly, but at least she was breathing. He pulled her towards the land and Bankotsu had broken out of his daze and was in the ocean coming towards them. He took back his board as Inuyasha pulled Kagome back into his embrace. An unconscious body does not like to stay on a wobbly surfboard.

Banktosu took Inuyasha's board as well and the white haired demon picked up Kagome bridal style to deposit on the towel at their sector of the beach. He finally examined her. He brushed back her wet hair away from her eyes. Her skin was very soft and he was happy to discover no serious damage except for the small knot forming on the back of her head. However before he could take in the rest of her body her eyes fluttered opened and she gasped for breath.

She saw her savior's golden eyes and white hair and thought her friend from the previous night had found her and saved her. She sat up and wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face into his naked chest. "I'm so glad you were here." She muttered.

Inuyasha was a little shocked by the emotional outburst. However, in life and death situations it was a common thing. Slowly he wrapped his arms around her small frame and pulled her closer to him. He lightly began to dance his fingers across her ribs. She giggled and her weakness was revealed.

Inuyasha looked up at Banktosu and they exchanged mischievous glances before they began to tickle the poor half-drown girl like crazy. She was no longer sobbing but was shedding tears of laughter.

"Stop! Stop! HAHA!!! Make the insanity cease! HAHA!!! I promise I won't pretend I can surf! HAHA!!!" The two torturers stopped the tickling and Kagome settled down.

Inuyasha was finally able to get a better view and noticed the henna tattoo. Perhaps fate did want him to meet this girl after all! But darn it all! He couldn't remember her name! Kouga's chick from the internet didn't quite sound like the name he was searching.

Kagome noticed the difference between her surfing savior and her dance partner the night before. They could be brothers, for they looked so much alike. She extended her hand towards him, feeling ridiculous considering she was hugging him a moment ago. "The name is Kagome."

The white-haired hottie smiled. "Inuyasha." He replied. "And that's Bankotsu." He pointed to his dark-haired friend.

Kagome's mouth dropped open, but she quickly shut it. "Yasha? As in SteelClaws?" Kagome asked him.

"Yes, I'm the one and only." Inuyasha answered with his confidence streaming in full force.

"I'm AngelK, we've been talking online for a couple of weeks!" Kagome answered excitedly while rising to her feet.

"You don't say? Well hey, what are your plans for the day?" Inuyasha asked while rising to join her in standing and trying to ignore the `Sesshoumaru' tattoo that was blazing before his vision, not that he wasn't looking at her face or anything.

"Everybody else I know is at the tournament this morning or out doing grocery shopping." Kagome told him thinking of her four friends in Australia. "My only plan was to come to the beach and hopefully meet some people. But, I guess I already know you kinda."

Inuyasha flashed her his famous boyish grin that was sure to make hearts melt all across the Pacific. "I think we've had enough of the beach. How would you like a tour of the continent?"

"It's not so big once you get used to it." Bankotsu chimed in with a touch less enthusiasm than his friend. It would seem that this particular babe was off limits so there wasn't any need to put forth too much effort to impress her.

"Well I will be living here in a few weeks for a while." Kagome told them nodding her head. Inuyasha and Bankotsu packed up their belongings and began to lead Kagome towards the jeep.

"How did you get here?" Inuyasha asked.

"Oh, well Miroku dropped me off before he and Sango went shopping." Kagome replied.

The three climbed into the jeep and began driving in the general direction of downtown Sidney. Kagome was in the front with Inuyasha and Bankotsu was sitting in the back in the middle. He decided to turn the cd player back on, completely forgetting the classical cd playing.

Inuyasha began to panic. Now Kagome was going to think he was the biggest loser in the world. He glanced at her nervously, but she had a huge grin upon her face and her eyes were wide.

"You like classical music?" She squealed in delight. Inuyasha nodded his head slightly. Kagome's smile grew. "That's wonderful! Do you think we could go by the Sidney Opera house?" She practically was begging.

Inuyasha looked at her seriously and scrutinized her attire and then his own. "I don't believe we can go dressed as we are." He told her sadly while watching her face fall slightly.

Bankotsu turned the cd player off. "Why don't we stop my house? It's on the way. You can borrow one of my outfits Yasha and Kagome you can borrow something from my brother. I think I'll pass on the trip to the old opera."

Kagome stared at the boy in the rear of the jeep like he had grown a second head. "You want me to wear some of your brother's clothes?"

Bankotsu nodded his head, enjoying the woman's confusion. "Trust me, he has some very nice dresses. He's going through a `phase' right now. But I don't think he'd mind if you borrowed something."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru almost felt sorry for his first opponent. He had defeated him in two moves. The poor soul had traveled half way across the world to lose in such a short time. It truly was a pity. Still, how was it that Inuyasha had no matches that day? Life surely was not fair.

He ran into Kouga shortly after his easy victory. The wolf apparently had the same luck with his opponent.

"You almost feel sorry for them." Kouga told Sesshoumaru as he sat beside him at the table. Kouga was definitely not the kind of person Sesshoumaru liked having join him uninvited at tables. He preferred women by the name of Kagome.

"They are pitiful." Sesshoumaru agreed taking a sip of his Japanese green tea. He was unsure of why he had such a fascination for the Japanese culture. Of well, it was something he could ponder later. He needed to speak with the study abroad hosting committee and request a certain Higarashi for the next semester.

"You look like you had a night as long as mine." Kouga muttered, noticing the dark circles under Sesshoumaru's eyes.

Sesshoumaru raised a curious eyebrow. "Why was yours so long?" He inquired already knowing the answer and enjoying the fact that he could watch the wolf squirm uncomfortably.

"Had a fight with my woman. Well, more like I was being a bit possessive and she got angry and left and didn't return until late." Kouga explained reluctantly.

Sesshoumaru leaned his elbows on the table and pulled his face closer to Kouga. "What exactly did you do?"

Kouga shifted uneasily in his chair. Stupid southern hemisphere chairs were obviously created to make wolf-youkai uncomfortable. "Well the waiter kept trying to check her out. So in order to get him to get the clue that she was taken I pulled her into my lap and fed her."

Sesshoumaru wanted to laugh. It took all of his self-control to keep himself composed. The picture of independent, adventurous Kagome being spoon-fed by an over-possessive boyfriend was simply rich. "I see."

"Enough about me. What did you do last night? I heard you didn't get back in until a few hours before dawn." Kouga coaxed. If he only knew, he would not be so eager for the answer.

"I met a fascinating young woman last night and we explored the greater part of the Sidney night life together." Sesshoumaru answered cryptically.

Kouga looked away towards the clock over to his right on the wall. His next match was in half an hour and he needed to get ready. He rose from his seat. "That's exactly what I had hoped to be doing with Kagome during this trip. You be careful not to lose your girl. It sounds like you had a really good time with her."

Sesshoumaru simply stared at the retreating figure that had just spoken with him. Was he feeling guilty about having a good time with Kagome the night before when it was apparent that Kouga had such strong feelings for her? Sesshoumaru finished off his tea in a swallow and rose from the table. He decided, may the best youkai win in matters of the heart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome was in awe. Never before had she seen so many beautiful dresses. She stared at Jakotsu once more. He had a big grin on his face as he showed her some of his favorite dresses. He picked out an especially elegant green strapless gown.

"You're lucky. You don't have to wear anything to fake to hold these up." He gestured to her chest and Kagome laughed.

"I really appreciate this." Kagome told him.

"It's no problem. For some reason I actually like you. Normally I hate the women that associate with Inuyasha and my brother. Oh! Can I fix your hair and makeup too?" Jakotsu asked with glee.

Kagome smiled unsure. "I suppose that would be okay. Just, why do you have so many dresses and makeup? You are a man, right?"

"Do you know how much money a diva drag queen makes?" Jakotsu asked her in bewilderment as if it was obvious why he had so many dresses.

Kagome shook her head but also had to ask. "So does that mean you're gay?"

Jakotsu smiled at her. "If I told you I was, would you let me help dress you?"

Kagome narrowed her eyes at the suggestion. Jakotsu winked at her. "The best way to find out about the opposite sex is walk a mile in their shoes, or dresses, whatever." He ushered her towards his bathroom so she could change into the dress. He was enjoying the bikini, but thought the dress may have been more classy.

After the door was straight he leaned against it and slumped to the floor. "If there were more girls like you I'd be straighter than a board instead of dipping my toes into both waters." He sighed. Maybe he should have told her he was just gay, it would have made things much easier, plus he could have gotten a view he wouldn't soon forget. It was too late now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha was pacing in the den waiting for Kagome to come down the stairs.

"What is your brother doing to her?" Inuyasha demanded of his overly calm friend.

"Perfection takes time. Give it a rest, I'm sure Jak is probably just helping her get dressed." Bankotsu teased but had to leap off the couch to stop the steaming Inuyasha from running up the stairs to murder his little brother. "He's gay remember? Calm down."

"You said it was a phase." Inuyasha complained as he sat heavily upon the couch. Not a minute later, Kagome and Jakotsu walked down the stairs.

"Beautiful is she not?" Jakotsu asked the two other men.

Inuyasha could only smile while Bankotsu had to stop himself from drooling. Jakotsu turned back towards Kagome, "I think that means they approve."

Inuyasha walked towards the two and offered his arm. "Shall we?"

Kagome accepted his arm. "We shall."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"So why did we get this fixed up?" Kagome asked while they resettled back into the jeep to head towards the opera house.

"Because, when we got to Bank's house I called a few people and got us tickets for this afternoon's show. So, I was thinking I could take you to a nice restaurant and then we could enjoy some nice opera. I know it's not classical but ---" Inuyasha was explaining while driving.

Kagome placed her hand gently upon his arm. "I love the opera as well. I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time. I didn't think you were the sort to enjoy such activities though."

Inuyasha smiled his famous grin at her again. "Not many know this. My parents used to take my brother and I to different sorts of concerts. My brother loved jazz but I found my heart in the classics." Inuyasha admitted a little embarrassed.

He pulled the car up in front of a restaurant that looked similar to a Japanese castle. "What is this place?" Kagome asked amazed by the beauty of the place.

"An old family friend, by the name of Myoga, owns this restaurant. It's got amazing food!" Inuyasha exclaimed.

"Now that's the Inuyasha I expected." Kagome teased him.

He turned towards her a little confused. "What do you mean by that?"

"Miroku told me about your passion for food. At least I think that is what he told me. I don't really remember." Kagome confessed.

"What do you mean?" Inuyasha asked after checking in with the hostess and being guiding to a window view table. Two men were cooking with flames in the middle of the restaurant making a ceremonial dish.

"He gave me chocolate after that and it's pretty much a blur after that." Kagome told him with a sheepish grin.

Suddenly a memory of an extremely hyper girl wearing a hat clinging to Kouga and dragging him around came to mind. He recalled vividly the way Sango had fumed at Miroku. He realized now that the psycho girl was his date.

The food was amazing and no incidents occurred except for when Inuyasha thought one of the flame cookers was on fire and attempted to put him out with wine. Luckily Kagome was drinking water and before the flames could react to the alcohol she quenched them with the water.

Myoga was a wonderful old man whom seemed to treat Inuyasha like a son. He was acting as if Kagome was his new daughter-in-law much to her discomfort.

"Sorry about all that." Inuyasha told her once they were in his jeep once again and heading towards the show.

"No problem." Kagome assured him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was past dark and Kagome still had not returned. Sango was a little worried. Perhaps she should have stayed with her instead of going off with Miroku. Who knows what kind of trouble that girl could get herself into.

~SpeedDemon: Is she there yet?

~Huntress: I'm sorry Kouga, but she's not back yet.

~SpeedDemon: But I really need to talk to her. Where do you think she went?

Sango placed her forehead against her palm. She wished that she knew that answer, but she did not and she also didn't want to worry Kouga. The poor guy was incredibly stressed out.

~Huntress: I'll have call you as soon as she gets back.

~SpeedDemon: But, I've tried her cell phone and there's no answer.

~Huntress: She probably has it on silence. Now get some sleep, you looked terrible out there today.

~SpeedDemon: Gee thanks, as if you didn't have bags under your eyes as well. When did she get back last night? Sango! I haven't talked to my girlfriend for an entire day! You have to HELP!!!

~Huntress: Calm down, why don't you go to the gym and beat up a punching bag or something.

~SpeedDemon: Fine. But you have her call me ASAP! PLEASE! (*SpeedDemon signs off*)

Sango sighed once again and looked at her watch for the thirtieth time and still it didn't make Kagome come home any faster.

The doorbell suddenly rang and Sango rushed downstairs to answer it, but was beaten by the anxious Miroku who had been pacing near the front door for the past two hours.

Miroku's jaw was dropped open as he stared at the beauty before him, but she wasn't facing him for she was waving happily to someone in a green jeep. Miroku noticed it was someone in a familiar green jeep to be exact. "You look great Kagome." Miroku complimented.

Kagome smiled broadly at her two friends. "Thanks! I feel great too! I had the most wonderful day today!"

"Where were you last night?" Miroku interrupted. "After you left us, I mean."

"Oh, I met this really nice guy at a café and we went to a jazz club. And today I went to the beach and I met Inuyasha! Can you believe that? He's an awesome guy! But I just can't get over the fact of how similar he looked to Maru-chan. Oh well. I'm so tired, I'll talk to you guys later okay?" Kagome dismissed herself and began to run up the stairs.

"Wait Kagome!" Sango brought her out of cloud nine. "You need to call Kouga, he's been worried sick over you."

Kagome's face fell as she ran up the stairs and looked at her charging cell phone. There were five missed calls. Four were from Kouga. She called him back but there was no answer.

"Hey sweetie, I'm sorry I missed your calls. I'll see you tomorrow at the tournament. I hope you did great today! But, I know you did. And don't worry about last night, I know you didn't mean anything by it. Goodnight!" Kagome told Kouga's voice mail.

Kagome looked down at her beautiful dress and then decided to see if Inuyasha was online by chance. He wasn't but someone else was.