InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Online Drama ❯ My Keyboard! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome signed on under her screen name. She was hoping that perhaps Inuyasha might already be online. She realized that it was impossible, since he just left. But she was in such a hyper, non-chocolate-induced, state that she wasn't really thinking.

Sesshoumaru wasn't sure why he bothered to sign on line. He was still very weary from the previous night and had three successful matches that day at the tournament. He still didn't understand how it was that his worthless brother managed to have a matchless day. It would hopefully come back to haunt him.

Suddenly a smile lit up Sesshoumaru's bored face when he noticed that she had signed on.

~DemonLord: Well, well, we meet again.

~AngelK: Hi!

~DemonLord: Happy?

~AngelK: I had the most wonderful day!

~DemonLord: Day? How was your first night in Australia?

~AngelK: Oh my goodness! That was amazing too!

~DemonLord: So what you're saying is that today was wonderful and last night amazing?

~AngelK: Exactly! Say, when are you going to tell me your name?

~DemonLord: But, you already know it.

~AngelK: No, we went through this before, it was my brother you had talked to.

Sesshoumaru smiled. Should he tell her that he was the one she had an amazing time with the night before or should he wait for her to figure it out at the tournament? He could probably get some juicy details from her if his identity remained unknown.

Sesshoumaru's smile melted into a frown. But then again, when she finds out that it was I later on and that I didn't tell her she would be very angry.

~AngelK: Will you refresh my memory please? I'm not telling you any of the details unless you tell me who you are.

Damn. There went Plan A. Guess he had to go with the truth. Where's the fun in being honest?

~DemonLord: We met last night.

~AngelK: I don't think so. I only met one guy last night. He was amazing though!

~DemonLord: I have been told that often. I let you sit at my table, danced jitterbug with you, and even played jazz in front of more strangers than I care to remember.

~AngelK: Maru-chan!

Sesshoumaru started to chuckle despite himself. Inuyasha just arrived to their hotel room and rushed to his door and barged in. He had a look of horror on his face and was pointing a shaking finger at his older brother.

"Were you just laughing?" Inuyasha asked carefully. Sesshoumaru only laughed for one reason. That was usually the last thing one heard before he knocked you unconscious.

Sesshoumaru's golden eyes met his brother's and he laughed some more when he saw Inuyasha's eyes widen with fear. He stood and clapped his hand upon his brother's shaking shoulder. "I do occasionally find things funny." Sesshoumaru admonished.

Inuyasha composed himself and forced the shock to disappear. "You don't ever laugh." Inuyasha told him taking up his usual stance with arms crossed in front of his chest and casting a defiant look.

Sesshoumaru pushed his brother out the open door and returned to his desk chair. Inuyasha walked back in. "Are you online?" He asked.

"Maybe." Sesshoumaru answered as he placed his fingers on the keyboard.

Inuyasha leaned over to see whom his brother was talking to. "You're talking to Kagome aren't you! You bastard!" Inuyasha yelled as he pushed his brother's fingers away from the keyboard.

"Stop being childish and let me talk to her!" Sesshoumaru growled back putting his fingers back on the keyboard.

Inuyasha pushed Sesshoumaru away again and knocked his chair over. Quickly he put his fingers over the keyboard to type a frantically fast message to Kagome.

~DemonLord: I'm a total a$$hole. I'm the reason you have that henna tattoo.

Kagome stared at her monitor. What?

~AngelK: You're the reason I have this tattoo?

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru were fighting to reach the keyboard. Inuyasha bit his brother's upper arm.

"Ouch! You child!" Sesshoumaru screamed as he was distracted by the blood rushing from his brother's fang marks.

Inuyasha gave his brother a victorious sneer and tried to finish his message to Kagome.

~DemonLord: Yeah, I wanted to

Sesshoumaru got hold of Inuyasha's wrists and tried to pull them away from the keyboard, but his stubborn brother had other ideas.

~DemonLord: Pr

~DemonLord: ov

~DemonLord: e t

~DemonLord: hat

~DemonLord: you wer

~DemonLord: e mi

~DemonLord: ne.

Sesshoumaru growled in frustration and decided that he would bite Inuyasha's arm. Inuyasha howled in pain before Sesshoumaru picked him up and threw him across the room.

~AngelK: What are you saying Maru-chan?

Damn it all! What was he supposed to say to smooth this over. Sesshoumaru stared at his computer blankly for a moment. What to do? What to do?

Inuyasha took his distraction as an advantage for his next move. He grabbed hold of one of Sesshoumaru's various novels and chunked it at his head. Luckily for Sesshoumaru it missed his head and hit the wall. Unlucky for Inuyasha he had one pissed off older brother.

Sesshoumaru lounged for his brother and was trying to strangle him. The conversation with Kagome was forgotten for a moment. Neither of the brothers noticed the pounding on their hotel room door. Neither realized that Kouga's room was on the other side of the wall that the book had hit.

Kouga had returned to his room a few minutes before. Kagome had left a message on his phone. It sounded like she had forgiven him so he didn't feel any need to beat up defenseless punching bags. So he stripped down to his boxers with prints of quarter moons on them. He was trying to settle down to sleep.

Next door he kept hearing the sounds of a fight. Then something hit his wall. He was ticked off. Can't a guy get any sleep? He walked next door and pounded on their door for a few moments, but no one answered. He tried the knob and it was unlocked.

He walked inside and followed the sounds of commotion towards Sesshoumaru's room. The door was wide open and he saw Sesshoumaru trying to strangle Inuyasha. The younger brother was looking blue in the face.

"What the HELL is wrong with you two?" Kouga demanded. The Inu brothers looked over towards Kouga and both of their eyes widened. They both made a mad dash for the computer. Sesshoumaru pulled the Internet cable while Inuyasha took the laptop and chunked it across the room. They both smiled innocently at Kouga.

Kouga raised an eyebrow at them and crossed his arms.

"Sorry about that." Inuyasha started. "We were just….."

"Making sure you were on your toes." Sesshoumaru finished.

Kouga uncrossed his arms and looked at them in complete confusion. "On my toes?"

"What if someone had been trying to kill me? It would have taken you this long to come over here and investigate?" Sesshoumaru demanded while rising to stand his full stature. He shook his head at Kouga disappointed.

Kouga's mouth fell open. "What?" He put his hands to his head, trying to make sense. Then he looked up with suspicious blue eyes. "So why did you throw the computer across the room?"

Sesshoumaru turned to glare at his brother. Inuyasha shrugged. "We were checking your reflexes. But now we know we can't count on you." Inuyasha crossed his arms and huffed annoyed.

Kouga looked back and forth between the two brothers. He was obviously confused. "I think I'm having a bad dream or something." He turned around and walked back to his room, hoping to forget the whole ordeal.

Sesshoumaru hit Inuyasha upside the head after Kouga left. "Idiot. Why did you throw my laptop?"

Inuyasha smirked. "Didn't want you talking to my Kagome is all." Then he ran out to his room and locked his door.

Sesshoumaru kept moving his head back and forth between the ruined remains of his laptop and his brother's door. He gave a great sigh. Perhaps Kouga had the right idea. Sesshoumaru stripped down to his boxers, they had the print of first place trophies upon them, and climbed into bed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome stared at her computer for a long while. Maybe everything would make more sense in the morning. She decided to go to bed and worry about it in the morning.

Sango woke her up bright and early the next morning. "Come on Kagome, we have to leave in half an hour. Or else we'll be late."

Kagome grumpily pulled the covers tighter over her head. Sango sighed and reached down to pull them completely off the bed. "Get up now, or I'll let Miroku wake you up." Sango warned. She was satisfied when Kagome promptly got out of bed and grabbed her clothes before making a mad dash for the bathroom.

Miroku cheerfully drove the two girls towards the tournament. Kouga was there to meet them at the entrance.

"Kagome!" Kouga greeted running towards her and wrapping his arms around her tightly. He then pushed her away a little so that he could give her a good morning kiss. "I had the most horrendous time sleeping last night." Kouga told his friends as he wrapped his arm around Kagome's shoulder and began to walk back inside.

Inuyasha sat with his laptop near a terminal at the tournament site. He had a match in an hour, but he wanted to get a woman's advice. It was obvious that he was going to have to pull out all the stops against his brother if he wanted to win Kagome. This was an all-out war. He wasn't even including Kouga in the competition, he'd screw up with Kagome all on his own.

~SteelClaws: Hey Yura, I need advice.

~TotallyHair: Yasha baby! I'd do anything for you!

~SteelClaws: That's nice. What do girls like?

~TotallyHair: Is this about my birthday? It's tomorrow you know!

~SteelClaws: No.

~TotallyHair: Oh. Well. We like flowers.

~SteelClaws: Too cliché.

~TotallyHair: Chocolate?

~SteelClaws: NO WAY!

Inuyasha shuddered at the thought of a chocolate high Kagome.

~TotallyHair: Kittens?

~SteelClaws: Perfect, thanks Yura. (*SteelClaws signs off*)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome liked watching Kouga fight, honestly. He was really good. Unfortunately, he always seemed to win real easily so she quickly became bored. She began to search the stands for other familiar people.

She was searching for familiar people with white hair to be exact.

Kouga ran up to her after his latest victory and took her hand.

"Let's get something to eat." Kouga suggested leading her towards the cafeteria. Kagome happily agreed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru had been watching Kagome scouring the stands. He wasn't ready for her to find him just yet. He wasn't sure how to approach her after last night's disaster on the Internet.

He just watched Kouga walk off with her. He growled softly. `Stupid wolf, he shouldn't be touching what belongs to this Sesshoumaru.'

Sesshoumaru shook his head. It wasn't like him to talk in third person unless he was feeling possessive or defensive. Okay, so maybe he did talk in third person a lot.

He decided to follow the `happy' couple. Maybe he could be in the neighborhood after Kouga's latest blunder. He heard his brother's name being announced over the loud speaker. Inuyasha had been doing well in his matches.

Looked like the top three fighters were the same again this year. Only this time, the prize was not related to the judo tournament title.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome couldn't believe him! She had never felt more embarrassed in her life! There was a crowd of guys around her and Kouga's table and they were competing in who could burp the alphabet best!

"Hey Kagome, can I have some of your coke?" Kouga asked after he ran out of `gas.' Kagome mutely nodded her head, while trying to keep her face from flushing red in embarrassment.

"Wow! Kouga that's awesome!" One of the random judo boys exclaimed, obviously impressed.

Kouga wiped the back of his hand across his mouth. "Ah, that's nothing. You should hear, Kagome. She's really good!" Kouga smiled at his girlfriend, apparently proud of the memories of the one time Kagome got drunk and joined in on one of his belching contests.

"Really?" A short, red-haired boy inquired. He looked at the others around them and they began to chant.

"Kagome! Kagome! Kagome!"

Kagome held up her hands to shush them. But then, Kouga joined in on the chants and tried to force her to swallow some coke for energy. Kagome knocked the coke from his hands and it flew across the table and drenched some of the annoying chanters.

Kagome rose from her seat infuriated, knocking down the table in the process. All the remaining drinks on the table spilt on their respective owners' laps. Kagome pointed an angry finger at Kouga.

"That's it! Can't you not embarrass me in public once in your life?" She cried in frustration. She began to stomp away from the assembled mass of drink covered young men. She wasn't sure where to go.

Luckily, Sesshoumaru had observed the whole ordeal and made his entrance at the perfect moment.

"Kagome?" Sesshoumaru asked gently. Letting his voice take upon a surprised tone. Kagome smiled at him with relief and rushed over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. She buried her face into his chest.

"Maru-chan! I'm so glad you're here!" Kagome mumbled.

Sesshoumaru smirked inwardly and lightly patted Kagome on her head. "I'm always anxious to play your knight in shining armor, Kagome."

Sesshoumaru noticed the glare that Kouga sent his way. He merely smiled at him, one of his cruel, mocking smiles. Kouga's eyes grew dark, but he didn't say anything for Kagome was too pissed at him. If he wanted her to forgive him, he'd have to give her some space, even if that space including Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru began to lead Kagome away from the scene. They had just left the cafeteria when Sesshoumaru heard his name announced over the loud speaker. He cursed silently to himself. He had lost track of time.

Upon hearing Sesshoumaru's name called Kagome suddenly remembered the IM conversation the previous night. She wanted to ask him about it. She wanted to see if her amazing date from the night before was the egotistical jerk that had her tattooed. Obviously it had to be the same guy. But, it just didn't seem to fit.

Sesshoumaru smiled sadly at Kagome. "I'm sorry, Kagome, but I have to fight a match. Would you like to watch?"

Kagome was about to agree when another white-haired fighter appeared on the scene.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled out, smiling when she turned to greet him and left his brother's request unanswered.

"Hi Inuyasha!" Kagome greeted cheerfully. She looked back at Sesshoumaru and offered an apologetic smile. "If you don't mind, I think I'll hang out with Inuyasha."

Sesshoumaru forced himself to smile at her. "Of course I don't mind. Meet me after the tournament?"

"Sure!" Kagome readily agreed.

Sesshoumaru turned to leave, but not before casting his brother a challenging look that said `top-that.'

"Kagome, I need your help." Inuyasha told her while taking her hands into his own and looking within her eyes with all the seriousness he could muster.

Sesshoumaru decided to stay a moment longer to see what this emergency was.

"Of course Inuyasha." Kagome agreed.

Inuyasha took a deep breath. "I need you to come with me to the animal shelter. I need help picking out a kitten."

Kagome had a huge smile break across her face. "A kitten! I love cats! Oh this is going to be great!" Kagome gave him a big excited hug.

Sesshoumaru met his brother's gaze. `A kitten?' He mouthed silently. Inuyasha nodded. Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes and walked away. It was just what every dog-demon wanted, a kitten.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Belle: Well, I know that I have fought with friends for my keyboard before, anyone else had that happen?

~Sesshoumaru: You have odd friends.

~Inuyasha: Don't talk bad about her friends!