InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Online Drama ❯ Sore Loser ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Belle: I bring you more DRAMA! Yay!

~Inuyasha: Tell them! Tell them!

~Belle: Calm down boy. Yasha wanted me to tell you that there will be two versions to this fiction, mostly because of all the e-mails from IY fans and bc I like the guy.

~Inuyasha: Yeah! Starting at chapter 15 there will be two versions. The one that will be published on mediaminer will be I/K.

~Sesshoumaru: But since this Sesshoumaru has charmed the masses, I shall remain the hero of the FFN version.

Enjoy this latest installment!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru was actually surprised by his younger brother's agility and strength. Never before had he witnessed Inuyasha displaying so much discipline in any previous matches.

Half an hour had passed, so far this was the longest match of the entire tournament. Each brother had scored a single point of the necessary three. Neither of the two appeared to have more of an advantage over the other.

Both brothers were coated in a thin sheen of sweat. White hair was plastered to their faces and golden eyes blazed with fires of passion and intensity. Sesshoumaru's elbow was beginning to ache, but he ignored the slight pain. Victory was within his grasp; his brother just seemed to be postponing the inevitable.

Sesshoumaru looped his leg around Inuyasha's ankle to bring him crashing to the mat. At least, that was the intention. Somehow, Inuyasha had anticipated the move. He had planned on the move. Now he was acting on that move.

Suddenly, Sesshoumaru found himself in an unfamiliar position. He was not only lying upon his back at his brother's feet, but was trailing on the score. One more mistake and the tournament would end in a defeat for the reigning world champion.

The audience watched the scenes unfold in stunned silence. This was perhaps the most extreme match any had ever witnessed. It was like Serena and Venus Williams duking it out on the tennis field.

The reigning champion allowed his gaze to drift to the stands. He noticed that Kagome was sitting next to that stupid wolf, again. That was a mistake that Sesshoumaru never makes. Never is he distracted during a match.

Never that is, until this time.

Inuyasha noticed where his brother's gaze flew to, or rather towards whom. He was not about to let Sesshoumaru get everything. It was time for the great to fall.

That one moment when Sesshoumaru's attention was diverted from his opponent would prove a moment of regret later. Inuyasha's right arm came swinging towards Sesshoumaru's left side, where his arm was wrapped tight in a sling.

It was a cheap shot, given that because of the confinements of the sling Sesshoumaru would not be able to block any attacks at that sensitive area.

Another rack of pain could be felt rushing down his hyper-sensitive arm. The impact of Inuyasha's blow was enough to make a grown man cry like a baby. Sesshoumaru showed none of the pain he felt. He simply reacted out of instinct and wrapped his free arm around his brother's waist and pulled him down with him as he lost his balance and was sent careening towards the floor.

They both scored at point at that.

Unfortunately for Sesshoumaru, it was the game point.

The game did not end in his favor.

Dumbfounded, Sesshoumaru sat very still on the mat. His eyes locked on his brother's but, his focus a million miles away. He lost. He had never lost before. He didn't know how to handle this.

The great Sesshoumaru is shocked that he was defeated. Everyone in the audience is shocked at his defeat.

Sesshoumaru rose to his feet after a few eternal seconds passed and left the stadium without speaking to anyone. Reporters rushed to his side asking for his reaction. He didn't hear their meaningless words.

He thought he could hear Kagome and Miroku calling his name. Did it really matter? He had lost. He ignored everyone that vied for his attentions and went directly to his hotel room.

He would pack his belonging and have a cab take him home. He didn't care to be around anyone and receive any sympathy. He didn't want pity. He wanted respect.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha raised the back of his hand to wipe the sweat out of his eyes. He watched his brother leave the stadium in a state of shock. He too was in a state of shock. He actually defeated his invincible older brother.

Mildly, Inuyasha was disappointed. He wanted to be the winner but not at the cost of destroying his brother's fragile ego. Sesshoumaru may have prided himself at being above everything, but deep down Inuyasha knew that his fragile ego would suffer.

Normally, one wouldn't pity someone who is always victorious and then loses once. A loss should help one grow as a person. With all the responsibilities Sesshoumaru had to take on at such a young age, he didn't need to grow up more.

Judo was his forte. It was his unchallenged oasis where he was the unchallenged king.

"Congratulations man!" Bankotsu slapped him across the back. "I can't believe you beat the old stick in the mud."

"Yeah, me neither." Inuyasha muttered, not really feeling to happy about being the winner.

"Now all you need to do is beat the hell out of Kouga and the title is yours," Bankotsu continued, not noticing his friend's inner turmoil at the destruction he caused to his brother.

Inuyasha's breathing was still heavy. His muscles were weary. Sesshoumaru is the toughest opponent anyone could possibly face. However, now that he had finished that fight he would have to go against the second hardest competitor fatigued in both body and mind.

The chief judge walked up to Inuyasha then with a large smile on his face.

"That was amazing! That fight will go down in the greatest events of the sporting year. I don't think I've ever seen such intensity." The balding man remarked as he pushed his large glasses up his nose.

Inuyasha merely nodded his head, not bothering to say anything. It wasn't like that man would actually listen to anything he might say.

"As I was saying, there is an important race car event that the network wishes to show live in half an hour. So I'm afraid you and Kouga will have to wrap this up. It's a real shame that you won't be able to rest much, but good luck." The man walked away giving the thumbs up to the camera crew.

Kouga joined Inuyasha in the center ring, since the dog-demon never had the chance to get off stage. Kouga walked over towards him and gave him a sad smile.

"You did a great job against your brother. I feel really bad about having to fight you in such an unfair condition. I'm rested and you are exhausted." Kouga explained uncomfortably.

Inuyasha merely stared at him, unsure of where he was heading with the conversation.

"As far as I am concerned by you beating Sesshoumaru, you have proven to be the bets fighter here." Kouga continued, feeling very uncomfortable indeed.

Inuyasha shook his head. "That isn't even true. Sesshoumaru was at a disadvantage because of his arm. Now I am at a disadvantage because I am tired. I don't want excuses. I wanted a challenge and I intend to get it. Do not hold back."

Kouga gave him a funny look but walked to his corner of the ring none-the-less, determined to not hold anything back.

The bell rings and the match begins.

Inuyasha walked to the center of the ring and is still drenched with sweat and is exhausted.

Kouga began to walk towards him, but before he gets there Inuyasha collapses as a large gash in his abdomen is revealed that he suffered under Sesshoumaru's volley of attacks.

Kouga doesn't even get to pull any moves on him and wins by default. Everyone is shell shocked. Kouga isn't happy at all at winning this way.

The judge walks into the ring and declares Kouga the winner and presents him with a giant trophy. The network had late breaking news about a mysterious figure floating on a red cloud not far from the stadium and they were trying to get live coverage.

Kouga looks down at the trophy he holds as his friends rushed out of the stands. The emergency medical staff was examining Inuyasha. Kouga kneels beside his opponent and offers the trophy to Inuyasha who he feels deserves it.

"I did not earn this. I think you should keep it and we can decide who should possess it after we battle one another on even terms." Kouga explained, but Inuyasha shoved it back to him.

"All I wanted was to prove to my brother that I am capable of beating him, the trophy isn't important. But if it will make you feel better I promise to fight it out with you later for fun to determine the `real' victor." Inuyasha conceded as the old woman that was tending to his bleeding stomach forced him to swallow a medicine that would surely send him to the dreamworld.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nobody knew where Sesshoumaru went. Naraku's party was to be that night.

All the Americans would be catching their flight back to the states the next afternoon.

Kagome was worried about Maru and nobody seemed to know where he was. Miroku wasn't offering any answers. Sango didn't know. Bankotsu and Jakotsu only wanted to talk about some guy named Naraku and the wonderful parties he throws.

Kouga was somewhere. Kagome wasn't sure where.

Inuyasha said he was going home to rest for a little while, but that he would definitely be at the party. He wouldn't give up the chance to spend some quality time with his American friends. Not even a hole in the stomach could keep him away!

Still, Kagome didn't know where Sesshoumaru went and she was worried. According to Miroku, he had never lost before in his entire life. She was proud of Kouga for winning, even though it was debatable whether he deserved it. She was proud of Inuyasha for performing so well.

But, she wanted to speak with Sesshoumaru. If this was indeed the only time he had ever lost in his entire life then he really needed someone to confide in. That someone might as well be her!

That's it, Kagome made up her mind and went the stairs of Miroku's house to get online and try to figure out the whereabouts of a certain sore loser.

~AngelK: Maru-chan are you there?

~AngelK: Sesshoumaru?

~AngelK: Are you okay?

(*DemonLord signs off*)

Kagome stared at the monitor for a few moments curious as to why Sesshoumaru failed to answer her hails. He had never signed off so abruptly before.

~AngelK: Hey, Inuyasha?

~Steel Claws: What's up girl

~AngelK: Is your brother on line?

~Steel Claws: Yeah, why?

~AngelK: I think he just blocked me.

~Steel Claws: No shit? Seriously?

~AngelK: Is he mad at me you think?

~Steel Claws: Shouldn't be, I mean, I'm the one that beat him.

~AngelK: How do u feel?

~Steel Claws: 100% better, that crap that old hag gave me worked wonders.

~AngelK: Don't talk about Ms. Kaede that way.

~Steel Claws: whatever

~AngelK: Do you think your brother is okay?

~Steel Claws: Should be, he is a youkai and it's been a few hours.

~AngelK: Thanks, I'll c u 2nite

~Steel Claws: C-ya at Naraku's

(*AngelK signs off*)

Kagome danced her fingers lightly across her keyboard without typing anything. Should she use her secret spy screen name to demand Sesshoumaru talk to her? Why would he block her in the first place? Surely they were at least friends.

~FuturisticMiko: hi

~DemonLord: hello

~FuturisticMiko: so what's a hot guy like you doing online at a time like this?

~DemonLord: had a rough day

~FuturisticMiko: I'm all ears

Sesshoumaru was beginning to regret accepting this message. He had just blocked Kagome because he didn't want any sympathy. He may not be experienced with losing but that didn't mean he wanted others to feel sorry for him.

~DemonLord: good for you, but I don't want to talk about it

~FuturisticMiko: that's cool, just thought I'd offer

~DemonLord: do I know you?

~FuturisticMiko: by the sound of our screen names it doesn't sound like we'd be likely to meet under friendly terms

~DemonLord: I would have to agree

~FuturisticMiko: Seeing anyone?

~DemonLord: why do you ask?

~FuturisticMiko: there's this party tonight, wanted to see if you were going

Now Sesshoumaru was suspicious. This person was acting like they knew where he lived. It was highly likely that Kagome was using another screen name to talk to him. He did block her; if he was blocked he would automatically check to see if that person was online.

Sesshoumaru opened up a window on Internet Explorer and went to AIM Express. He opened the program and signed on quickly.

~WesternWarrior: Hey, is Kagome online?

~Steel Claws: If it isn't my big cry baby brother, done sulking yet?

~WesternWarrior: Shut up and answer the question

~Steel Claws: Why don't you look and see for yourself? Or do you think she blocked you too?

~WesternWarrior: Why did God punish me and make you my kin?

~Steel Claws: so you going to Naraku's?

~WesternWarrior: Why does everyone keep asking me that?

~Steel Claws: b/c you're a sore loser

~WesternWarrior: Idiot. (*WesternWarrior signs off*)

Sesshoumaru pushed the palms of his hands onto his thighs and arched his back to relieve the building stress. At least his arm was all better now.

It had to be Kagome talking to him. Well she already knew he blocked her, which was stupid of him, he realized in retrospect considering she was the only one he enjoyed talking to online.

~DemonLord: I've got plans, sorry

~FuturisticMiko: I c, hot girl?

~DemonLord: something like that

~FuturisticMiko: oh

~DemonLord: And you? Got plans for your boyfriend?

~FuturisticMiko: I don't have a BF

~DemonLord: pity

~FuturisticMiko: y r u being so mean?

~DemonLord: excuse me? It's not like we know each other or anything.

~FuturisticMiko: perhaps I know more about you then I'd care 2

~DemonLord: Look Kagome, I don't want anybody's sympathy.

~FuturisticMiko: how did you know it was me?

~DemonLord: B/c only five people have this screen name and you are the only one not signed on.

~FuturisticMiko: y did u block me?

~DemonLord: I had my reasons, I gtg

~FuturisticMiko: fine. (*FuturisticMiko signs off*)

Sesshoumaru turned off his computer and picked back up the discarded novel that he had started reading weeks ago before the tournament. He was confident that he did the right thing. He had never lost before and didn't quite trust his temper at the moment in front of people. Kagome would simply have to forgive him. She never once brought up the henna tattoo in front of him, so she must not hold grudges.

Satisfied with his reasoning, Sesshoumaru lay back on his bed to continue with his mystery book. Normally he found it simple to predict what would happen in the mysteries he read, but this one was proving particularly original and tricky. The author was obviously a mastermind of some sort.

The telephone on his nightstand began to ring, disturbing his reading. Unhappy on having his peace disrupted he reached for the phone. It was his secretary. A small smile spread across his lips after hearing she had made arrangements with the university regarding the house Kagome would stay at during her semester abroad.

After placing the phone back in the cradle Sesshoumaru relaxed against his pillows on the bed. Even if Kagome did hold a grudge about this, she'd get over it eventually after she realized she'd be spending the entire semester living under his roof.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Naraku: Party at mi casa!

~Belle: Next chapter will be the much anticipated party.

~Kouga: I am so awesome!

~Belle: Yeah, I liked that little twist. Bet nobody saw that coming!

~Sesshoumaru: Why did you have me use two screen names?

~Belle: Well…I've got at least two `superspy' screen names. I'm sure others do too!

Check out: `39 Days' by koji-belle It is an Inuyasha/Kenshin fiction I'm co-writing on FFN, if you think this fiction is funny you'll think that one is hilarious!