InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Online Drama ❯ Monkeyboy's Party ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Belle: I do believe this is my longest hiatus from this fiction.

~Inuyasha: Took you f-ing long enough, now get on with it.

~Belle: I've had a lot going on you know!

~Sesshoumaru: I will allow this discrepancy, only because of your puppy.

~Belle: I got a puppy! And his name is Sesshoumaru! He's so cute!

~Sesshoumaru: Everyone is butchering my name though. It is, embarassing.

~Belle: Don't be too upset, it is a hard name for some to say.

~Sesshoumaru: Stupid, insignificant humans.

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Pacing nervously back and forth in the den, Kagome was beginning to wonder if her ride would ever be ready to leave. For the umpteenth time she looked down at her left wrist to check the time, then remembered she still wasn't wearing her watch. Where could she have lost it?

Could the day get any worst? She didn't even really want to go to this stupid party anymore. Her stomach was all twisted up into knots, worrying about Maru. Would he be okay? Inuyasha didn't seem to think it was a big deal. But, well, losing sucks. If you aren't used to it, it can be depressing. Well, actually if you are used to it then that is even more depressing.

Goodness her head hurt. She looked at her wrist again. Where was her stupid watch at anyway? It was probably the only decent gift Kouga had ever gotten her. Finally, she could hear footsteps running down the stairs.

"I'm so sorry Kagome, but do you think you can call Kouga or Inuyasha for a ride? Miroku and I are going to be a little late." Sango clutched her hand to her chest, as if to calm a racing heart. Her face was flushed and her hair looked tussled.

Kagome raised a suspicious brow. "I take it the two of you are busy and making up for the time you're about to be separated?" The red glow rising in Sango's cheeks were answer enough. Rolling her eyes Kagome nodded her head. "Don't worry about it."

After watching Sango run back up the stairs, Kagome couldn't help the semi-amused laugh that rose in belly. Sighing, she retrieved the telephone from Miroku's family's kitchen. She stared at it for a moment. Should I call Kouga? That may be weird and surely he will notice my missing watch. I guess that means I should call Yasha. What if Maru answers their phone though?

Deciding to bite the bullet, her fingers began punching away the magic numbers. Crossing her fingers, she hoped that Inuyasha would be the one to answer and not his dashing older brother.

"What do you want you perverted monk?" Inuyasha's apathetic voice greeted.

A sigh of relief, or was that disappointment, was his answer. "It's Kagome, do you think you could pick me up for the party? My ride seems to be--- preoccupied."

"Hey! No problem, I was just about to leave so good timing. If you had called a minute later, no doubt you'd have to talk to Sesshoumaru. He's still sulking." Inuyasha replied in a much brighter tone.

"How is your stomach?" Kagome inquired, trying to restrain herself from giggling at his 180 directional change in attitude once he found out she was the one calling.

"Begging to be fed. I'm on my way now, I'll be there in a minute or two." Inuyasha told her a split second before hanging up. Kagome looked down at the phone in her hand, the annoying disconnected tones abusing her ears. He really needs to learn proper phone etiquette. One is supposed to say `good bye' before hanging up!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru gave up on trying to read his novel. The internet held no promise of entertainment. His ceiling was proving to be rather dull as well. What had inspired him to allow Inuyasha to place those blasted glow-in-the-dark stars on his ceiling all those years ago?

Despite himself, he grinned at the memory of twelve year old Inuyasha telling him about how he was going to be the first youkai astronaut. Of course Sesshoumaru calmly explained to him that he first off a hanyou, and second off Australia didn't have astronauts. That was an American term.

However, regardless of his efforts to bring his younger brother to reality, he persisted in his aspiration. He had told him that it would be even cooler if they were the first pair of brother youkai to be astronauts. So determined was Inuyasha, that he pleaded to place the stars on his ceiling. Surely, seeing all those stars would make him want to be an astronaut too!

A single tear formed from the corner of Sesshoumaru's eye. Was it much later that their parents were in that fatal accident? Such innocent dreams such as those were gone when their parents died.

Had Inuyasha even mentioned the stars since then? No, he hadn't. Because their parents had died in a terrible plane crash that had incinerated their bodies. Even youkai couldn't survive such terrible flames. Inuyasha probably blamed himself for their deaths.

His father and stepmother were hurrying home that evening because they had promised to be back in time to watch Haley's comet make it's orbit. It only happens once in a lifetime. None of them saw the orbit that night.

Closing his eyes tightly to block out the pain, his arm didn't bother him anymore. When was the last time Inuyasha looked at the stars? When was the last time he had asked him?

Opening his eyes to look at the dimming light of those stars on his ceiling, Sesshoumaru sighed. Either the stars had to go or he needed to talk with his little brother.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome wasn't sure how long she waited, but it couldn't have been very much time. Inuyasha was in the driveway waving at her and she found herself donning a radiant smile for his behalf. He looked gorgeous in his simple clothing. He was wearing a pair of cut off blue-jean shorts and a button up white long sleeve shirt, which was open to reveal his well-muscled chest.

She looked down at her own ensemble for a self-conscious inspection. She had chosen a light yellow sundress that fit her form snuggly. She looked cute in it, but she felt pale in his comparison.

Inuyasha opened the door for her and offered his hand to pull her up into the vehicle. He grinned at her, revealing his fanged canines. "You look breathtaking," he complimented.

"Thank you, you do too," Kagome replied with a sweet smile.

Inuyasha smiled over at her once more before starting towards Naraku's beach house. "So can I have the first dance?"

Watching the passing landscape Kagome smirked at the question. "Sure, I think I can handle one dance with you."

Nodding his head at the answer, Inuyasha continued, "alright, then how about the second, third, fourth, and last dance as well?"

Fingers rose to Kagome's chin as she placed a look of contemplation at her driver. "I'll have to check and make sure I'm not booked. You know how desirable I am," she told him with sarcasm dripping.

A healthy chuckle was his reply. "Well you are desirable, but I was thinking you could help me fend off all those girls that want my body." Golden eyes winked at her.

"Yes of course, it would be my honor to serve as your protector from the amorous affections of the female populace." Kagome answered in the most serious voice she could muster.

"Glad you have agreed. We're here." Inuyasha parked along the street near a large beach house. Blaring music assaulted their ears and a large gathering of individuals littered the area.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Naraku easily walked around his party, proud that even with such short notice a great crowd had accumulated. His ego was sufficiently stroked at the turnout. Currently, he was trying to steer clear of Kikyo. For some reason she seemed convinced that he was evil and needed purifying.

"I have found you once more Onigumo." The serious tones of tall, lithe female spoke as she tapped him on the shoulder to gain his attention.

Sighing heavily, Naraku turned to address her. "Kikyo, how many times must I tell you. My name is N-A-R-A-K-U not Onigumo. Would you stop trying to purify me? It is beginning to unnerve me."

Dark, chocolate eyes narrowed at his declaration. "You may have fooled all these others Onigumo, but I know your evil intentions and shall not allow you to obtain the Shikon no Tama." Kikyo told him with fierce determination.

Naraku threw his hands into the air in exasperation. "Woman, please, leave me alone. I'm not this Onigumo. I have no idea what the Shiko na tomo is and if I did I don't want it!"

"It's the Shikon no Tama. I will spare you tonight. But know this, I am watching you." Kikyo warned before turning on her heals to walk away from her arch nemesis.

Naraku could only watch her walk off in total bewilderment. Why was she so convinced he was evil incarnate? Amused laughter broke him out of his thoughts as he turned to regard the one who found humor in his situation.

Noticing the attention, Bankotsu straightened up. "Um, so thanks for throwing this party last minute. It's great!"

Crossing his arms in annoyance at being ridiculed, Naraku glared. "Of course it is great. Anything I do is amazing. So what was the purpose of this? A means for you to win a bet?"

A lop sided smile adorned the young man's face. "Yeah, you see that girl over there?" He pointed towards Kagome who was currently dancing with Inuyasha near the pool.

Naraku nodded his head, watching the couple carefully. The girl was pretty. But she looked too much like Kikyo for his tastes. He hoped they never met. They'd probably become friends and try to purify him together. That's exactly what he needed, two crazed women stalking him.

"I made a bet with Miroku. He's trying to set her up with Sesshoumaru. I'm putting her with Inuyasha. Her name is Kagome and she used to date Kouga." Bankotsu explained, his blue eyes growing wide as he noticed three girls pointing towards him. "Oh no, I think they have found me again."

Naraku was following the explanation until the last part and turned to see what had gained his friend's attention. Grinning evily, he waved the three women over. "I see your admirers have caught up to you. Think of this as pay back for laughing at my expense earlier."

Desperate blue eyes watched his friend retreat. He was evil! How could he abandon him to these three obsessed women? Sure he was good looking, but these three, good God no!

Nervous laughter was his response. "Um, hi ladies. How can I help you?" Bankotsu greeted, trying to stay calm. The triplets smiled at him, trying to be alluring.

"It's been a long time Bank. We've missed you," Megi cooed as she looped an arm around his left bicep. Her sister Misa hooked his right bicep. Mana wrapped her arms around his neck and planted a soft kiss upon his lips.

"Yeah, about that. I've been having family problems and not really time for relationships, you know?" Bankotsu tried to disentangle himself from the trio. Why had he allowed Inuyasha to convince him to try to date triplets?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Miroku was sadly disappointed that he had lost track of Sango after reaching the party. She needed to use the restroom and he hadn't seen her since she went on her search for one.

All those lush women and he couldn't touch any of them. It wasn't fair! He spotted Bankotsu from afar and watched as those flirty triplets hauled him away. Next his scan of the crowd revealed Inuyasha and Kagome dancing. They were dancing a little too close for his liking.

He looked for Sesshoumaru. Surely he could cut in and earn some more points in Miroku's tally for winning the bet. But, Sesshoumaru couldn't be seen anywhere! He decided that this called for drastic action.

Pulling out his cell phone he hooked up onto the internet. Sesshoumaru was always online. Surely he would check. Aha! He was online, but had been idle for a long time.

~SexyMonk: Where r u?

~Demon Lord: (auto message) I am not at my computer please leave a message

~SexyMonk: get ur a$$ here!

~Demon Lord: (auto message) I am not at my computer please leave a message

~SexyMonk: get here or loss kag!

~Demon Lord: (auto message) I am not at my computer please leave a message

Miroku snapped shut his cell phone and groaned at the loss of all those text-messaging characters he wasted on Sesshoumaru's stupid auto message. As long as he read the message and Miroku won the bet in the end it would be worth it for now.

Perhaps this would require more work on the part of himself. It was time, Miroku took matters into his own hands. Spotting Yura and some of her groupies a brilliant idea came to mind. He liked Kagome, but winning all that money off Bankotsu had priority right now. Besides, he was doing this for Sesshoumaru and Kagome. He had their best interests at heart, right?

"Hey Yura!" Miroku waved over to the hair obsessed girl. She ran over towards him with eagerness evident in her eyes.

"Miroku! Do you know who that girl with Inuyasha is?" Yura pleaded, while ringing her hands through her hair nervously.

"Forget her, where is Sesshoumaru? Even Jakotsu doesn't know. He doesn't even care!" Kagura complained exasperated and chewing her nails nervously.

The other girl, Kanna just stood there. She never really speaks anyway. She actually creeped out Miroku. She was genius, a thirteen year old in college. Naraku seemed to like her but she still creeped out Miroku.

"I need you to help me break up those two." Miroku pointed towards the dancing Inuyasha and Kagome who were sharing light hearted smiles. Sango was going to kill him for this!

"Poor Yash, he has to deal with such a repulsive creature as that." Yura sympathetically agreed.

"Actually, I want you to talk to her. Mention about Inuyasha being a playboy. I'll take care of the rest," Miroku walked off leaving the three to their own means of accomplishing the task. He noticed Kikyo harassing the host once more. Perhaps he could sic her on Inuyasha.

"Kikyo!" Miroku ran over towards the young woman, after successfully startling her. Apparently she was doing some sort of chant and started glowing an odd pink color. Naraku looked extremely relieved to have Miroku interrupt.

"I was in the middle of my purification. I must set free the soul of Onigumo." Kikyo declared, expressing her annoyance at the interruption. Her eyes flashing dangerously when Naraku ran away from her clutches.

Sighing and allowing her shoulders to slump she gave Miroku her full attention. "What is it you require good monk?"

Shaking his head, Miroku bit his lip to keep from laughing. "Kikyo, I think you should investigate Inuyasha. I believe he is a hanyou!"

Nodding her head, "Inuyasha Hayate is a hanyou. However, unlike Naraku, he is harmless." Kikyo replied turning to scan the crowds for the evil Naraku once more.

"I think you should go and talk to him. Just to make sure." Miroku grabbed her elbow and directed her towards where Inuyasha stood. It would appear that Yura, Kagura, and Kanna had managed to pull Kagome aside somewhere.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome smiled at the three women warmly. "I don't think you know Inuyasha very well. He is very sweet. I just don't think he would be a playboy like you suggest." Absently, Kagome searched the vicinity for any signs of Maru. Still it would appear that he was not present.

"It's okay. I thought that too once. But look and see with your own eyes. He already has moved on to his next target," Yura explained pointing towards Inuyasha who now stood facing Kikyo.

Kikyo's hands were placed on either side of his face upon his cheeks. What the four women couldn't hear from their position was her chanting to look within his heart for evil. Nor could they hear a confused Inuyasha demanding her explain her actions.

Feeling hurt, Kagome turned on her heels to search out Maru. If she couldn't find him, she was going home.

Of course, it wasn't Sesshoumaru that she found but someone else.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What possessed him to come? He didn't care for these social gatherings. He didn't even like most of the people at these events. They all annoyed him and it took his great self-constraint not to melt them to messy pulps of gunk. Especially now that his injured arm was healed, he was especially impatient.

But, Miroku's message to him made him feel a sense of urgency. He may have decided that he needed to have a heart-to-heart with his younger brother. However, sharing the one girl that had caught his interest was not acceptable grounds for them to relate to one another through.

Finally, he saw her! After shoving aside all those annoying chattel that kept inhibiting his path he reaching shouting distance. Just as he was about to shout out her name, he saw the tears.

Stopping to stand still he observed the scene before him.

"Kagome! I'm sorry! I didn't mean for you to see that." Kouga rushed after Kagome and grabbed her wrist tightly into his hand. His piercing blue eyes pleaded forgiveness.

"I just can't believe you would do that. After what you said earlier, you lied! I could have understood if it was someone else, but you told me she was noone to you. You lied to me Kouga!" Kagome cried upset.

Golden eyes narrowed at the scene. What had that wolf done to his Kagome? His answer soon presented itself in the form of an annoyed red haired woman.

"Kouga! Why are you bothering chasing after her? We can finally be together." Ayame cried as she threw herself onto Kouga's back, wrapping her arms around his neck in an effort to pull him away from his ex-girlfriend.

"Ayame, she is my friend. It can't end like this." Kouga turned to face the girl he was kissing moments ago.

Kagome bit her lip and turned away. "Please, let go of me. I do not appreciate being lied to. If you had been honest, perhaps things could have resolved peacefully."

Anger flashed in Kouga's icy ices. "Honesty? And this whole time in Australia have you spent any time with me? No! You've been throwing yourself at the Hayate brothers! I never would have thought you would have been such a tramp."

Kagome turned back to face her accuser. "I have never lied to you, Kouga." She spit in his face and tried to pull her wrist free. It wouldn't come loose.

Having witnessed enough, Sesshoumaru stepped out of the shadows and placed a hand upon Kagome's shoulder. "Let her go, Kouga. Do not fault her for being the kind of woman that causes people to be drawn to her. This is your fault for being weak man."

Growling angrily at the silver haired man, Kouga refused to loosen his grip. That's when Sesshoumaru sensed the alcohol on his breath.

"Have you been drinking?" Sesshoumaru demanded as he moved his free hand to forcefully remove Kouga's hold on Kagome.

"It is a party," Kouga grit out, not taking his eyes off what he saw as his property.

Looking suspiciously at the red head Sesshoumaru understood the situation. "You slipped something in his drink, didn't you?"

Ayame shifted uncomfortably and pulled her arms away from Kouga's neck. "Nothing that would hurt him."

"Kouga, go home, alone. You are not thinking clearly. If you stay you will do something you regret. Right now, I believe that Kagome and I can forgive your actions since you are under the influence." Sesshoumaru calmly informed the wolf demon as he moved to stand between him and Kagome.

"This is none of your business." Kouga barked, but there was less hostility to his voice now. He seemed to be thinking over Sesshoumaru's words.

"Ask Inuyasha for a ride. He'll take you to either Miroku's or to our home. Either way you are not to bother Kagome." Sesshoumaru turned his back on Kouga and began to lead Kagome away. The scent of her tears bothering his sensitive nose.

"Thank you." Kagome whispered, her posture slumped in defeat.

"Do not bother thanking me." Sesshoumaru answered harshly, annoyed that the wolf's words had affected her in such a way. It was if all her self-esteem had left her. Perhaps more was bothering her than the incident with Kouga.

"No, thank you for not resorting to violence. I know that you could have hurt Kouga if you wanted to." Kagome clarified, standing more erect and sure of herself.

"I do not fight unless my opponent is worthy. This Sesshoumaru, finds few that are worthy." Sesshoumaru led her towards the exit.

"Wait, I don't want to leave yet. I was having fun until Kouga ruined my evening." Kagome explained. Sesshoumaru looked at her carefully.

"Very well, I need to speak with Miroku right now in that case. I will find you shortly." Sesshoumaru then left to seek out said person. Curious why he was wanting Sesshoumaru here so badly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha finally rid himself of Kikyo. She had informed him that he was indeed a kind hearted hanyou and had no evil intentions of world domination. In essence she freaked him out and he was anxious to get out of her company.

He was greatly relieved when Naraku happened to walk closely by and gain the woman's attention. She really did think she was some sort of priestess and he was an evil being hell bent on the destruction of life as we all know it.

Now he had no clue as to Kagome's whereabouts. To make matters worst, it would appear that Yura had tracked him down. He thanked her for the advice about the kitten and tried to take his leave. But she relentlessly clutched onto his arm.

Finally, he spotted Kagome walking down the stairs and roughly pushed the clingy woman off his arm to run towards her.

"Kagome! Where did you go?" Inuyasha demanded, catching his breath.

Kagome noticed the concern in his golden eyes. Surely what those other girls had said were not true. "I went around the beach house. Had a small run in with Kouga. Now I'm here."

"Great, dance with me and protect me from all those adoring fans of mine that I told you about." Inuyasha grabbed hold of her hand to lead her back towards their previous dancing location.

Allowing herself to be lost in the music Kagome relaxed in Inuyasha's warm embrace. Her arms wound themselves around his neck as his encircled her waist. She rested her face against his smooth chest, the warmth from his exposed skin warming her chilled cheeks.

"I'm so glad you came with me tonight." Inuyasha told her softly, enjoying the way she molded against him. His eyes wandered upwards to the starry sky. It was the first time in many years that he could claim that the sky was beautiful to him.

The song ended and the pair soon stood motionless, finally Kagome drew away. "Thank you for bringing me, but I better go find Sesshoumaru now. He wanted to take me home." Kagome didn't realize how her little sentence could shatter Inuyasha's good mood.

"Fine. I'll talk to you later." Inuyasha abruptly left the woman he was dancing with so happily moments before. Confused by his behavior Kagome looked after him in wonder. What was his problem? They were just friends, right?

Unknown to her, Sesshoumaru had received an urgent phone call. He was unsure as to why his secretary would have called him at this time of night and on the weekend. But, the urgency she reflected in her tone had caught his attention. He saw Inuyasha and Kagome dancing together. A stab of jealously wounded his gut, but he decided that his brother would be able to take her home.

Kagome walked about the party, not seeing anyone she knew. She decided to search out the cars in the drive and noticed that neither Inuyasha's jeep or Sesshoumaru's motorcycle were there.

She hadn't seen Sango or Miroku the entire time. No way was she about to seek out Kouga. She could feel her eyes watering so decided to find a sanctuary. Her friends used to tease her and say she was like a cat growing up.

Kagome climbed to the roof of Naraku's house and stared out at the crowd below her. Sighing dejectedly she let her eyes wander toward the star filled sky. It really was quite lovely that night. Pulling her knees under her chin and wrapping her arms around her legs she decided to let the tears of frustration and abandonment fall.

Soft footsteps could be heard, but she didn't acknowledge them. Not until another body sat beside her and wrapped their arms around her shoulders did she look up.

The sympathetic eyes of Jakotsu met hers. "I just thought you might want some company." He smiled at her and allowed her to bury her face in his shoulder and cry her quiet sobs.

Soothingly he rubbed her back. All the while, he wondered if he really had the right to be the one calming her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha was speeding his jeep back to his house. He had enough of Naraku's party. Things were going well with Kagome. Then she had to mention his brother. Didn't she realize what she meant to him? Or was she really that blind?

True, the rumors she had overheard were accurate. He was a playboy and womanizer for the most part. But he had been completely sincere with her!

It would figure that the one time Sesshoumaru decided to come out of his shell it would be after the woman that caught Inuyasha's eye. He'd never allow him to borrow his computer again!

Soon his cell phone rang, he would really have to change that tune. It was too chipper, maybe instead of Fuga he could change it to the death march song. Yeah, that would fit his moods much more accurately.

"What do you want?" Inuyasha greeted, not bothering to look at the caller i.d.

"Inuyasha, I wanted to make sure that you were bringing Kagome home. I had asked her for the opportunity, but received an urgent call from the office." Sesshoumaru explained quickly.

"Why is that? Because I'm second best to you? I should only be able to drive her around if you are unable to? Is that how it works?" Inuyasha angrily demanded.

"Look, we both care about her. Just make sure she gets home all right. Watch out for Kouga as well. He is dangerous right now." Sesshoumaru tried to rationalize with his brother.

"Keh, whatever. Fine, I'll go give her a ride. Just as long as you realize it's because I want to and not because you said to." Inuyasha's gruff attitude was in full swing, hiding his emotions.

"Understood. I will see you at the house." Sesshoumaru hung up, smiling to himself. His brother was so easy to predict.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Belle: Quite a bit of drama, no?

~Inuyasha: Stop making me a lap-dog!

~Belle: But, it's so fun doing that!

~Kagome: Why are you pulling with my heart strings so much?

~Miroku: Why am I so callous? Is $ the only thing I care about?

~Jakotsu: So am I not gay anymore? What the heck?

~Kouga: You let me get drugged! Why?'

~Kikyo: When do I get to purify Naraku?

~Belle: So many questions!!!