InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Online Drama ❯ End of the Line ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Sesshoumaru: Where have you been?

~Belle: Um, I've been around.

~Sesshoumaru: You have not been dedicated to this fiction!

~Belle: Geez, don't be such a slave driver, it's not like I haven't been writing

~Sesshoumaru: This Sesshoumaru could care less about your other fictions, it is THIS fiction where I am concerned.

~Kouga: Personally, I like her dedication to Heart of a Wolf

~Inuyasha: You would, stupid wolf

~Belle: Calm down fellows! Here's the latest installment, in chapter 15 two version will start! (S/K on FFN and I/K on mm)

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha turned his jeep around and drove back to Naraku's beachfront house. The whole time he was trying to convince himself that he was going back because he wanted to, not because his condescending older brother told him to do so.

It was funny, once he reached the house it looked like two-thirds of the vehicles that were present only thirty minutes before were now gone. An arrogant smirk ran across his face at the idea of the life of being party being him and without his presence most left.

He spotted Naraku sitting on his front porch with Sango. It looked like she wanted to beat him senseless. Naraku seemed to have that effect on people. Most wanted to kill him, although if you asked them why they seldom had an answer.

Inuyasha casually walked towards the duo, Naraku's dark eyes pleaded with him for rescue from the angry American woman. "What's the matter, Naraku? Can't please the ladies?" Inuyasha called out, his foul mood from his brother's overbearing attitude forgotten.

Naraku's eyes narrowed at the insult. "I believe your friend's woman has issues that have nothing to do with me." He sat down upon the stairs on his front porch began to inspect his nails, trying to tune out those around him.

Sango threw her hands up in the air and then gave Inuyasha her full attention. It was obvious that monkeyboy was not going to help her find her delinquent boyfriend. "I'm trying to find Miroku and this guy," she pointed an accusing finger towards Naraku, "refuses to help me search for him.

"Do you know where Kagome is?" Inuyasha asked the pair in response. Sango shrugged and Naraku pointed up towards the roof of his house. Inuyasha's gaze lifted upwards and saw the young woman sitting beside Jakotsu, staring out towards the ocean.

He started to move towards the wall, so he could jump up to the roof and join them but Sango grabbed hold of his upper arm. "Will you help me find Miroku first?"

Golden eyes rolled at the request. "Fine, but let's hurry up about it." The two walked into the house, leaving Naraku in silent peace on his front porch. The crowd had greatly diminished but there was still a great many people present.

The pair heard a loud ruckus coming from the kitchen; the familiar voices of Kouga and Miroku met their ears. They exchanged a concerned look before running in the direction of the commotion. The kitchen doors swung upon before they reached there and a drunken Kouga came stumbling out.

"What is wrong with you? What the hell were you thinking?" Miroku shouted angrily at the drunken wolf demon. He had heard that the wolf had hit Kagome when she yelled at him about Ayame. It may have been a rumor circulating the party, but when he found Kouga evidently drunk he started to believe it.

Kouga shook his head, trying to clear his vision. "I don't know what you are talking about? I didn't hit Kagome!" His hands moved up to hold the sides of his face as the world continued to spin before him.

"What's going on?" Inuyasha demanded quickly coming between the upset human and disoriented wolf-demon. "Explain this to me."

Miroku moved to stand beside Sango and gave her a brief hug before answering. "This wimp decided to take out his aggressions on poor Kagome," he declared, anger dripping from his voice like a rainfall.

"I didn't hit her. We just fought with words and she got upset and left. I didn't do anything." Kouga told Inuyasha as he rose to his feet and looked back towards the kitchen door where Ayame was standing. His gaze quickly averted back to Inuyasha and away from the girl.

"Then why is she hiding on the roof?" Inuyasha asked quietly, for once being the calm one of the group since Miroku was acting so brash. The guilty look on Kouga's face answered everything. Inuyasha almost smiled, because this meant that Kagome would never get back together with the wolf-demon!

Miroku calmed down and really looked at Kouga closely. "I suppose you wouldn't hit her. But you are drunk." He looked over his shoulder at Ayame and shook his head. Guilt was weighing heavily on his shoulders, he was the one to encourage her to pursue Kouga, but he didn't expect her to get him drunk.

Grabbing hold of Sango's hand, Miroku walked towards Kouga and extended his other hand towards him. "Friends?" Kouga nodded and they shook hands in forgiveness. "Let's go then. You're going to stay at my place." Miroku looked back at Inuyasha, "Can you and your brother let Kagome stay at your house?"

The white haired young man nodded his head. "Yeah, I'll be sure to drop her off at the airport tomorrow afternoon." Inuyasha turned around and left them to sort out their own affairs. He had a roof to climb.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru had arrived at the office and was greeted by the current CEO of his father's corporation. Ted smiled at him and offered his hand, which Sesshoumaru shook.

"What is this about? What sort of emergency takes place at night?" Sesshoumaru demanded, concealing his annoyance behind an expressionless façade.

Ted smiled nervously. "I just got a call from an American corporate giant that I thought you would be interested in. He has a sudden interest in this business and wants to extend his Genetic research facility to have a branch here."

"What does this have to do with me?" Sesshoumaru was clearly growing annoyed.

Shifting nervously, Ted answered, "well he wants to know if you would run it for him since you will soon be taking total control over your father's corporation and this would provide better experience than your current position."

A curious white brow was lifted, "Why would he want to help me?"

"It seems that he respected your father a great deal, although they never met personally. His daughter will be here this coming semester for an exchange student program and he wanted an excuse to come and visit her. It seems that he suffered a nasty divorce and isn't allowed to see her back in the states." Ted revealed everything that he had learned from Mr. Higarashi.

"What is the man's name?" Sesshoumaru was finding the conversation vaguely familiar somehow and was tempted to agree.

"His name is Ryu Higarashi and his daughter's name is Kagome, in case you are curious. He wanted to meet you today if possible; he had to make a trip to Japan for the day and desired your company to discuss the matter. He's a busy man, so I told him I would talk to you immediately." Ted explained, his nervousness leaving as he noticed Sesshoumaru's lips were tweaked upwards in an almost smirk.

"Very well, I shall consent to this. Never again interrupt me from my activities to request last minute rendezvous however. I am I clear?" Golden eyes were hard as steel and Ted quickly nodded that he understood before leading the soon to be powerful business man towards his private jet.

As he walked towards the jet, Sesshoumaru's stomach tied into knots. He was not afraid of flying. He was not afraid of flying. Just because his parents died in a plane crash did not mean he was afraid of flying.

"Is something wrong, Sesshoumaru?" Ted asked concern evident.

"You dare think something is wrong with this Sesshoumaru? Nothing is wrong with me. Now do not disturb my silence." Sesshoumaru virtually barked out. A feeling of satisfaction crossed his mind as he watched the weak human blanch under his words.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Before Inuyasha had the opportunity to climb the roof, he noticed that Kagome and Jakotsu were sitting beside Naraku on the front porch stairs. Kikyo was standing nearby, observing the group silently.

"Kagome, I'm glad I found you!" Inuyasha ran over towards her and offered his hands to her. She looked at him quizzically, she thought he had abandoned her at least an hour before. She took his hand and stood.

"What is it Inuyasha?" Kagome asked tiredly. It had been a long night, but her talk with Jakotsu had helped significantly.

Inuyasha wanted to hit himself, why was he suddenly so nervous before her? It was just Kagome. She was just another girl whom he just happened to care about. "I ran into Sango and Miroku, they are taking Kouga home and asked if you could stay with me. So, I'm taking you back to my place."

Kagome tried to read his expressions in his eyes, but was confused by the jumble of emotions that danced in the golden pools. "You want me to spend the night at your and Maru-chan's house?" She clarified carefully.

"Well yeah, except Sesshoumaru isn't there, he's off doing something," Inuyasha waved the information off with his hand, dismissing the importance.

Before Kagome could agree a feminine throat cleared, "I don't think that's a good idea. I think that Kagome should stay with me. A woman staying with a man is asking for trouble if you ask me."

Naraku groaned loudly. "Nobody asked you! Go away Kikyo!"

Kikyo glared at the host of the party. She'd purify him later, oh yes, she'd definitely purify his sorry self later. "Kagome, I would like if you would stay at my house. My guardian mentioned you earlier today and I was hoping to meet you at this party." Kikyo explained, her brown eyes softening as she turned her gaze from Naraku towards the American girl.

Kagome looked at the Japanese girl, she seemed nice enough. "Who's your guardian?"

"Her name is Kaede, you met her at the Judo tournament. She said you were interested in medicine and would be working with her this semester. We would be honored if you stayed with us this night." Kikyo bowed slightly in a Japanese show of respect.

"You're from Japan right?" Kagome asked to which Kikyo nodded. Kagome smiled at her, "Alright. I'll stay with you as long as you tell me all about your country!"

Naraku was laughing lightly at the look of bewilderment upon Inuyasha's face. He stood from his porch and placed his hand on his shoulder, offering a sympathetic look. "Sore luck pal," then he walked inside his house and slammed shut the front door before audibly locking it.

Inuyasha and Jakotsu looked at each other and shrugged in unison. "Okay, then I'll pick you up in the morning, okay Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

Kagome ran over to give him a hug and then one to Jakotsu. "Sure, I'll see you in the morning Yasha!" She then followed Kikyo towards her car parked in the street.

Inuyasha watched as the two figures disappeared. He supposed her spending the night at Kikyo's was better than her being around Kouga, or Jakotsu for that matter. He turned a suspicious eye back towards the gay young man. For some reason he didn't quite trust his motives.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few hours had passed and Kouga's head hurt, but at least he was sober. He felt terrible for how he had treated Kagome, but he couldn't change the past. He left the living room where he was sleeping on the couch to head towards the kitchen for a glass of water.

He then walked up the stairs towards the room Kagome's belongings were in. He just wanted to be surrounded by her scent since she probably wouldn't ever allow him to be near her again after his actions.

Briefly, he wondered why if Miroku lived with his parents where they were. Perhaps he would ask that in the morning. Kouga noticed Kagome's laptop sitting on the desk in the guest room. He flipped open the screen and turned it on.

He was just going to check his e-mail, but the instant messenger was set to sign on automatically. He was about to turn it off when he received a message for Kagome. The other screen name was unfamiliar, but he couldn't help but feel his curiosity getting the best of him.

~DemonLord: I apologize I was unable to dance with you tonight

~DemonLord: I am confident we would have wowed the crowd with our talent

~AngelK: No worries

~DemonLord: did my brother find you?

Kouga scratched his head, 'brother?' Who all had brothers that went to Naraku's house. There was Bankostu and Jakotsu, but surely that wasn't it. Realization struck him and anger made him growl. Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha were brothers. That time they were fighting next door in the hotel and threw the laptop. Suddenly it made sense. An evil smirk lit his face.

~AngelK: Yeah

~DemonLord: Did he explain my absence?

Sesshoumaru was growing suspicious of the other person in this instant messenger conversation. Normally Kagome has more to say than this. The jet hit some turbulence at that moment. He shut his eyes tight and breathed deeply. He was not afraid of anything, much less flying.

~AngelK: I talked with Kouga

~DemonLord: Did you? What did that loser have to say?

~AngelK: Loser? If I'm not mistaken he won the tournament, you are the loser

~DemonLord: You dare call me a loser?

~AngelK: Look I gotta jet, don't talk to me anymore. (*AngelK signs off*)

Sesshoumaru stared at his monitor for a long time with a perplexed expression. That was most definitely not Kagome he was speaking to. But, who would have access to her computer? Most likely she was staying with his brother now at their home, but at least he trusted his brother to be too stupid to try any successful moves.

Most likely he'd make a fool of himself and then Kagome would come running into his arms as soon as he returned the next day. He would serve as her salvation from idiots like his brother and Kouga.

Speaking of Kouga, perhaps that was who was pretending to be Kagome? Sesshoumaru's fists clinched as he claws dug into his palms, causing bloody crescent moons to form. Kouga would pay for insulting this Sesshoumaru!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Sesshoumaru: That's it? Where's the rest?

~Belle: Aren't you ever satisfied!??

~Sesshoumaru: Occasionally

~Belle: Arrogant Tai-youkai, btw, thanks for the Sparks nomination for this fiction guys!

~Sesshoumaru: You only got nominated because of me

~Belle: You are insufferable!!!