InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Half ❯ Chapter Fourteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N: I AM SO SOORRRRRYYYY!!!! I had major writer's block, on all five of my stories. Every time I sat down at my computer, I couldn't think of anything. And this happened like every day for the past month and I got absolutely nothing done. But I finally sucked it up and updated my absolute favorite story. This fic is my baby, totally original, right out of my head. DON'T STEAL IT.

I swear I read someone's high school fic who was just recently posted, and one of the scenes totally copied my birthday scene from Surviving High School, even down to the dialouges. I felt so betrayed....not really. I was actually kinda flattered, BUT DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!! ^-^ Okay I feel better ~009)

Chapter Fourteen

A jolt ran through Kagome's body and she stiffened in her mate's lap while they still watched the movie. Inuyasha hugged her tighter and rubbed her arm, assuming that she had just been startled.

"Inuyasha, there's something out there," she said softly. Inuyasha smirked.

"Kagome, I know it's a horror movie, but there is no reason to be scared." Kagome turned her head and fixed him with an annoyed glare.

"Dude, I am not scared of some stupid movie. There is something out there," she said as she grabbed the remote and turned the TV off. "And I'm going to find out what." Kagome pried Inuyasha's arms off her waist and ran swiftly up the stairs to the third floor training room. He soon quickly rose and followed.

Inuyasha watched as Kagome in slight awe as she prepared. She tied a brown, leather belt around her waist and filled it with silver daggers. She then pulled on a knee length, black, leather coat and placed two of her own silver pistols in the pockets. She then pulled her hair into a high ponytail and as a last touch, sunglasses of her eyes even though it was raining and extremely dark.

"There must be at least twenty of Naraku's vamps out there, not to mention another stronger force who is probably the leader of the damn group. Well, I got what I wanted, Naraku is going to try to overpower me in the elements."

"I'm going with you." Inuyasha said firmly as he grabbed one of the long swords from out of the rack. Kagome looked at him for a few seconds and sighed. How could she tell him no? He was a slayer, Naraku had killed his family, he was Naraku's other target besides herself, and he refused to let her fight alone anymore.

"Alright, grab what you need and come over here," she said motioning to one wall of windows. The lights were off, so no one from the outside could tell they were up there as long as the lightning didn't flash while they looked up. Inuyasha joined Kagome at the window and looked down.

"What are we waiting for?" he whispered.

"It would be foolish to charge out there in this weather without having a better idea what we are up against. We let them make the first move." Kagome whispered back, eyes scanning the land steadily. Sure enough, black figures started to approach out of the darkness, surrounding the house. In the middle was a lean shadow, a woman with bright red eyes and pale skin. She held up her hand and signaled for the others to halt as she looked at the house.

"Kagome!!" the woman cried. "Kagome, dear!! Why don't you come out and play?" Kagome sighed wearily.

"It's Kagura, one of Naraku's mistresses and one of his best fighters, dammit." She grabbed Inuyasha's arm and quickly pulled him downstairs to the front door of the first floor. Before she opened it, she held his shoulders and looked straight into his eyes.

"Inuyasha, I'm gonna ask you to stay her-"

"What!! No way, I'm not letting you go out there by yourself.." Inuyasha interrupted in a fierce whisper.

"I know that, only for a little while. They know that I'm here, their whole plan was to get me to leave town alone. They don't know that you followed. This will be to our advantage, you can take them by surprise while I deal with Kagura. You know the whistle I use for Niju?" He nodded. "Wait until you hear it, and then come out. You can take on the others while I deal with Kagura. I'll get rid of as many as I can before that, but please do this for me." Inuyasha looked hesitant, but nodded his head. Kagome smiled and kissed his cheek as Kagura screamed her name once again.

Kagome was about to head towards the front door, when Inuyasha pulled her into his arms and held her tight.

"You promise to be careful." he whispered in her hair.

"I'll try." she replied. He kissed her forehead and let her go. She walked toward the door and turned. "But I'm not guaranteeing anything." She then opened the door and stepped out into the dark. The rain was so hard that she could only see clearly for about five feet, everything thing was a blur. Kagura grinned and stepped towards the girl in black.

"Ah, Kagome. It is nice to see you once again." Kagome just scoffed and stood her ground. "It's too bad your vampire side is not in control, I can tell that you are having a hard time seeing in this...harsh weather." Kagura continued as another flash of lightening lit the sky. Kagome growled, ripped the sunglasses from her eyes, and threw them to the side as her gaze remained fixed on her opponent.

"I see Naraku has let you out your cage," Kagome snapped. Her bangs were already plastered to her forehead as the rain continued to pour onto her face and into her eyes, but she dare not blink. Although Kagura seemed like a frail woman, she was nearly as lethal as Kagome was herself, she wouldn't underestimate her again. The last time they fought back in New York, Kagome had gotten cocky and that had nearly cost her life.

Kagome was about a good twenty feet away from the front door of the ranch house, and she could tell that Inuyasha was watching her every move like a hawk from one of the windows. Well, he would just have to be patient because was going to be waiting for a while. She knew the drill, she had been in a countless amount of fights. She was waiting for Kagura to make the first move, as Kagura was waiting for her. But for right now, they were taking turns on trying to intimidate one another.

Kagome took the time to actually count how many others were in the area, and she had been right when she said there were twenty vampires. However, not including Kagura there were five other young men, demons.

Damn, she thought as she watched slowly surround her and Kagura. I can't sense demons, I have no idea if there are more somewhere. Kagome just sighed and shook her head slightly. There was no use dwelling on the problem, it couldn't be helped. Naraku had found another of her great weaknesses. She just her attention back to Kagura.

"Look," Kagome said as she got into a fighting stance. "You wanna kill me, and I wanna kill you. We're obviously not going to scare each other off, so let's just do it already." Kagura smirked.

"Fine by me. You want to make your funeral come sooner, I'm in no position to argue."

"Don't get cocky, Kagura. I'm a hell of a lot tougher than the last time we fought."

"So am I." Kagura then lunged at Kagome's waist, attempting to knock her to the ground. Kagome dodged to the left and slammed her fist right on Kagura's back. The vampire fell face first into the water soaked earth, mud covering the entire front half of her body. She looked up at Kagome's smug face, snarled, and snapped her fingers.

All of the vampire and demon lackeys that had arrived with vampire mistress started charged towards her. Kagome grimaced, and pulled out one of her pistols. In less than thirty seconds, ten vampires were writhing on the ground, silver bullets lodged into their skulls. The rest had managed to get past her range and knock the gun out of her hand. Kagome was now locked in an intense sword and dagger fights with several different men as Kagura stood and watched.

Suddenly, a demon punched Kagome in the stomach, sending her flying out of the circle of vampires and right at Kagura's feet. The vampire mistress was laughing insanely as Kagome pushed her wet bangs out of her eyes. The consistent downpour of rainwater was making it extremely difficult to see, and she couldn't get a good enough footing in the muddy earth to put enough force into her punches and kicks.

"Poor, little, Kagome." Kagura said in a mocking tone. "It seems like you're outnumbered, maybe you should just give up now. Face it, you can't do this alone." Kagome glared, and then broke out into a smug smirk. She pushed herself off the ground and got eye to eye with the girl.

"Well, that's where your wrong Kagura. I'm not alone." Kagura raised an eyebrow as Kagome brought two fingers to her mouth. One long, wind-piercing whistle, and a silver blur flew out of the ranch house, straight at the stupefied henchmen. Soon, nearly half of the remaining fifteen were on the ground, dead. Kagura stiffened and stared at Inuyasha, mouth dropped open in shock.

"The...the half demon?" she whispered in amazement as Inuyasha ran to Kagome's side and helped her to her feet. Kagome smirked at the vampire mistress.

"That's right Kagura. Inuyasha Tanakei, the half demon, my boyfriend." Kagura snarled and then turned to the remaining members of her group.

"Fall back!!" she shouted. They looked surprised but quickly disappeared back into the shadows of the forest from which they came. Kagura turned back to the couple. "Do not think of this as a retreat half-vamp!! We will return, we just did not prepare for such opposition this close to daybreak. Make no mistake, you will not return to your brother alive." Then Kagura was gone in a flash.

Kagome just glared at the sky, a slight growl rumbling through her chest. Inuyasha looked down at her slightly confused.

"So what's the problem? The sun will rise soon. They won't be able to return until the evening, and by then we can be long gone." he said. Kagome just shook her head.

"It's not always that simple. Come on, let's get out of the rain. I'll explain inside." Inuyasha nodded, wrapped his arm around her shoulder and led her back to the warm ranch house. They took off their wet jackets and laid them in the laundry room before taking a seat on the couch.

"A vampire's greatest weakness has always been the sunlight. That's what made fighting loners like Seraph so simple. For a while, Naraku had that same weakness as well as the rest of the Brotherhood. Of course, that didn't sit with the man too well, so he finally put his major magic powers to some use.

"He used personal objects from each vampire to create a sort of shield. A ring, bracelet, necklace, anything that can be worn. It protects the vampires from the sunlight, so they can walk around in the day time like ordinary humans. That's how they can attend school, remember?" Inuyasha nodded in understanding.

"That's right, Sango told me about that once. I guess I just never really believed it, it seemed so unreal."

"Oh, it's real all right. But not every vampire has that kind of equipment, but Naraku's gang. Even though, that makes up more than half of the vampire population." Kagome continued.

"So Kagura headed back to their hideout to not only get these shields, but more men probably."

"Right, and now that they know you're here with me, there will probably be much more than last time."

"So what do we do?" Kagome stood up.

"We get out of here, and back to New York before they come back." Inuyasha nodded and stood up to help pack.

A/N: Hmmm....that was shorter than I wanted it to be. Oh well, I promise no more long waits for updates. I will get the next chapter of this story at least by the weekend. Honest. Hope you liked. 009