InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Open Your Eyes ❯ Half-hearted Denial ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
That is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen
 
As soon as that thought went through his mind it was shoved far back into the dark recesses of his mind, hopefully to never EVER be encountered again. His pencil began lazily tapping out random rhythms on his desk while he grudgingly watched said girl out of the corner of his eye. She was now diligently taking notes on whatever the professor was talking about, with the pen she just dropped a second before. He was forced
 
Yea right, you almost snapped your wrist rushing to give it back
 
to give the pen back as it landed next to his desk and he had no other choice. None. He didn't notice the hesitant, gorgeous smile she offered his way after she accepted the pen back. His temporary loss of breath. No way. Lunch had been particularly disgusting today, that anxious feeling in his stomach was just the shit hotdog he ate.
 
She had been going to school with him for only a couple of years, but hadn't exactly made a splash on the social scene when she moved to the dullest town in New York and stepped in the dank halls of Bakersfield High School. She was shy, dressed plainly, and hid her face from view. She was poor. One day, he discreetly watched her from his spot on the lunch line; the exchange of a quick, understanding look between her and the lunch lady, yet no sign of money. In short, she's the embodiment of an outcast.
 
She has never dated, and no one ever really questioned the reason behind that. She's not “hot.” Hot girls wear sexy makeup, sexy clothes, and sexy smiles. They strut around school with an air of practiced assurance and confidence, comfortable in their places as virtual armcandy.
 
Whether or not they can spell their own names correctly is a different matter.
 
Being the son of the infamous Inu no Taisho and a member of the illustrious Takahashi family, he fit nicely into the mold of the rich and privileged.
 
A bit too nicely. Although he did have to deal with the distinct Takahashi male traits. Silver hair and amber eyes isn't exactly cut from an Abercrombie catalog, but some bitch on one arm and a Rolex on another will do wonders. What bullshit.
 
What kills him is that he takes the market corner on that bullshit.
 
 
 
 
 
 
****************************************************
 
 
 
 
That stare…..I feel it
 
Kagome felt eyes burning into the back of her head. Today she opted for a slightly more revealing v-neck top, prudish by everyone else's standards, but scandalous for her own.
 
It's amazing how much one can thoroughly convince oneself of something, and today the shirt was the reason why critical eyes observed her every move. Kagome nervously tugged on the edge of the offending piece of clothing with her left hand while her right hand robotically scribbled notes. She somehow knew who was staring at her, but tried as best she could to be oblivious.
 
He's probably staring because I look so ridiculous…..Why did I smile? Well, that's an easy question. Out of sheer stupidity and anxiety. He's laughing at me. He probably thinks I love him now. Just what I need, one more person to hide from.
 
Her hair fell in front of her face as she leaned over her desk, trying to shield herself from the burning stare she was positive was coming from him. Inuyasha Takahashi. Member of the Rich and Beautiful. Those who always dress in expensive designer clothes, live in mansions, and enjoy the good life. Not that she was really sure such a glamorous life was possible in Bakersfield, but she was sure of one thing. She didn't belong. The discolored bruise on her arm, poorly hidden by the three-quarter sleeved top she wore, was just another reminder of that. Her mind, unbidden, flashed back to yesterday.
 
 
She stood, frozen in shock and fear but not surprise as she looked back and forth at the knife and her mother. The tension was thick and her mind was racing, telling her betraying feet to walk as fast as possible to somewhere safer, anywhere, as her mother crazily stood.
 
No human being could be as intimidating as she, simply by standing. Finally Kagome broke from her trance and tried as calmly as she could to walk to her bedroom, lock the door, and forget, but her mother did something out of the ordinary.
 
Instead of simply screaming and yelling in an unintelligible language, she walked over in three clear strides, grasped her arm, and gripped with the fingers of steel, and screamed in one brief break of sanity(or insanity, whichever)
 
SEND THIS DEVIL BACK TO HELL GOD DID WRONG LET LOOSE ONE FALLEN ANGEL LET HER FOUL UPON EARTH
 
then went back to her babbling, insane state. Kagome wrenched her arm away, ran to her room and locked that door as fast as she could. She collapsed against the door, tears running, not in despair but in relief. It could have been worse, now the wait for help began. She could live with that.
 
The bell sounded and Kagome snapped back to the present. In one smooth sweep, she gathered her books and left the classroom, leaving behind her pen and the wicked memories of the previous day.
 
Golden eyes watched.
 
 
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
 
 
 
 
A/N I know the story is slow in coming but I wanted to introduce it and I didn't really know where the hell I wanted to go with the story when I wrote the prologue, but next chapter will explain more and hopefully make this fanfic seem less cliché and vague. I also swear over my life that this is not another high school story. If I see another I'm gonna shove pencils in my eyes. In general it'll be sort of a long fanfic cause I hate it when Inuyasha and Kagome meet, fall in love, get married and have babies in the span of 5 minutes, but not too long since I also hate when literally two minor characters have breakfast and it takes about 5 chapters. So it'll be like a Goldilocks fanfic. Or something. I'll stop talking. Anyway thank you for reading :D
 
~Crystal