InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ p i dg in ❯ Page 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tiarella_cordifolia

TiarellaCordifolia

[p i dg in]

peace. death. grave.

_________________________________________________________

PG-13 "Inuyasha" Romance (A/U) Nar/Kag

Disclaimer: Characters from Inuyasha do not belong to me. I hold no claim whatsoever to them. Therefore, do not sue moi.

Definition(s):

1. Pidgin- (n) a simplified speech used for communication between people with different languages; [Synonyms: Flawed, Broken]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I finally learned how to make the special formatting and stuff on Word. =) Gods, I should really read the directions and shit more. So yeah, changed the format a bit. Too lazy.

Anyways, I'm sorry for the long wait. Please forgive me. Happy Holidays!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[12. 28.03]

Author's Response to Fuyu() pour this Chapter:

Technically, the Chinese language doesn't have an alphabet system really. It's made up of characters that means certain things. The alphabet in reference is a set number of symbols making up words or characters. I myself am Chinese. We have radicals and all that are placed within the characters and mean certain things, but they're not necessarily quite like the alphabet, you get what I mean? So yeah….

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Frantic footsteps sounded on the school's tiled floor. Frantically heaving, the rushing figure darted up the stairs, gasping for lack of oxygen.

As her feet pounded across the hall, heavy with fatigue, she pushed her way into the classroom. Bursting through the doors, she scanned the room with wide eyes as the juniors looked at her with curiosity. Blushing, she bowed briefly, mumbling her apologies and raced down the hall to the correct room. First class of the day was math. And as much as she hated math, her teacher hated tardiness more. Just peachy.

She made it exactly on time. This however, did not save her from the teacher's glare. Relieved, she sunk deep into her seat with a sigh. Khoi, a Vietnamese transferee, giggled and offered her a kind smile. She grinned.

Yup. The Fates may seem to hate her a lot recently, but Kagome Higurashi won't let it get to her. She will make the best out of her situations and she will not fail.

She fell asleep halfway through the class.

The day seemed to drag by slowly. Walking out of her Mandarin class, she gave a stifled yawn. Chinese was terribly tiresome. It really irked her how the Chinese would prefer to memorize over 500,000 characters individually than make up a system like the Japanese did. And dear kami-sama! Those tones! Depending on how you say it and with what pitch or tones you say it in, the same words mean different things. It's really more of a music class than anything if you ask her. It's just plain illogical. She shuddered. Thankfully she didn't choose this for her foreign language regents.

Her next few classes were nothing of importance. She fell asleep in biology again since you don't really need to pay attention in order to pass like Chinese. The other classes just breezed by. She waved to Inuyasha and Kouga during lab, sat in front of Miroku during band, and exchanged brief greetings with Sango during chorus. Life was looking awfully dull.

Finally, lunch came around and with a heavy heart, Kagome glared at the stairs and started to climb with vigor. She will not let high school wear her down! No matter how bad she needed to rest, no matter how little she sees her friends, no matter how bad she is failing school and whatnot….she will not give up. She frowned halfway up the 8th flight of stairs. Besides, the only class she did need help in was biology; and sort of math. The two classes that she falls asleep in. She shrugged. She could always find a tutor.

So engrossed was she in her thoughts that she did not see the door opening on her right, and in a brief moment, she landed in a disheveled state on the ground, books all around her. She groaned. Maybe she shouldn't tempt the Fates so.

Hastily she picked up her books, totally forgetting to apologize or see to the person she bumped into. As she reached for the last one, a hand came down and enclosed upon her own. With a gasp, Kagome glanced up at the kneeling figure, blush spreading across her cheeks as she finally realized she never did apologize for not looking where she was going.

"Ah, Kagome-san, where are you off to in such a hurry with so many books?"

If it were possible, Kagome felt her cheeks become more heated under his gaze. "Annou… I was just going to my locker. Gomen Naraku-san. I'm sorry for not looking where I was going."

The tall Goth smirked and stood, puling Kagome up. Gasping at the sudden motion, Kagome briefly lost her footing, only to be pulled into Naraku's chest. He leaned forward and whispered into her ear, "Are you alright Kagome-chan?" Blushing, she nodded, not trusting her voice to speak for her.

Slowly pulling away, a bit of at a loss for the warm body heat, Naraku gently placed the book into Kagome's hands.

"Where is your locker?"

"The tenth floor," she replied, eyes cast downwards.

"Hmm…why so high up? Don't tell me you actually kept the assigned locker they gave you now, did you?" Naraku gave her a teasing smirk. Judging from her silence, he assumed that she did and gave an amused chuckle. "You don't actually have to listen you know? In high school and anywhere else, it's a touch world, and you have to fight for what you want. It would be nice though if everyone did listen to authorities and all, but that's the way life is. You have to grab on to any opportunities, because before you know it, none will be left."

Kagome peered up at him with a curious gaze. He had spoken the last few lines with such a serious tone as if he himself has actually gone through something similar to what he described, but much more intense.

Sensing her looking up at him, Naraku turned his attention back to the young freshman. Trying to lighten up the atmosphere, he gave her a wry twitch of his lips that probably meant somewhat of a smile.

"How about I walk you up to your locker then and you share mine? I never use mine anyways. It's on the first floor, much more convenient I should think. Here, give me those."

And before she could protest, her heavy stack of books was gone from her hands.

Isn't life odd? One moment it throws all these unhappy and challenging obstacles in your path, and the next, you're faced with an even more challenging puzzle than before in which you must learn to gain their trust first and foremost.

So where does Kagome step in?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Click the button pour review!

I know this is a very sucky chapter, but I'll try and make it up to you. Happy holidays ppl and review! Read my other fanfics too cuz no one reads them nemore.=(