InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ p i dg in ❯ Page 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tiarella_cordifolia

TiarellaCordifolia

[p i dg in]

peace. death. grave.

_________________________________________________________

PG-13 "Inuyasha" Romance (A/U) Nar/Kag

disclaimer: Characters from Inuyasha do not belong to me. I hold no claim whatsoever to them. Therefore, do not sue moi.

definition(s):

1. pidgin- (n) a simplified speech used for communication between people with different languages; [Synonyms: Flawed, Broken]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

author's note: to all ya azns out there: happy chinese new year! [m0nk3y!] wo0t!

-----[page 5]-----

right.

left.

right.

left.

Stop.

"is there a problem Kagome-chan?"

The raven-haired beauty blushed as the senior turned his gaze towards her and shook her head violently, partially to assure her companion there is nothing to worry about, and partly to shake herself from the initial shock of the surprising, yet welcomed endearing suffix to her name.

"No, there is no problem," she replied. Kagome then lowered her head and softly added, "…Naraku-kun."

The alluring dark eyes of the aloof goth sparkled with amusement as he registered her tinged cheeks, noting as well as her slight hesitation in adding his surname. He smirked at her obvious shyness while remaining awed at this girl's innocence.

"Have we reached your locker then?"

She nods. With her head till down, she turned to open her locker. Gingerly, she placed her books into one hand, smiling as she collected photos of all her friends. Curious, Naraku peeked over her shoulder and briefly glimpsed the top frames.

"Annou…I'll have to get a picture of you too Naraku-kun, now that we're to be such great friends and all, ne? You wouldn't mind me tacking them up in your, er, I mean, our locker would you?"

Too bad Kagome was turned away from him or she would have noticed a slight twitch at the corners of his mouth, something closer to a smile than he really ever does.

"Ofcourse."

She tilted back just enough to flash him a small yet sincere smile and turned back to her locker. Just as she was about to reach and close the soon to be abandoned locker, a tanned hand slammed it shut. The sudden move and harsh sound caused Kagome to jump back in alarm and into Naraku's arms. Her heart slightly pounding, she looked up into dark brown eyes and unconsciously stepped closer into the safety of her friend's embrace.

Naraku growled low into her ear, speaking just low enough for her to hear him whisper "Stay close to me."

The intruder was all buff and confident. He was a cross between gangster and well…something. Actually, he wasn't anything really, but hell, he did seem to have a pack to back him up. He flashed Kagome an arrogant smirk.

"Hey there pretty," he winked. "Watcha doin hanging with this freak?"

She frowned and on instinct, stood forward to defend the tense male behind her, only to be surprisingly hugged back closer to his body so that she leaned into his chest. He held her protectively, as if afraid the punk would snatch her from him. She smiled , and once again lavished the feeling of her friends' care for her well being, and so instead placed a hand on his arm and glared defiantly at the guy in front of her.

"He is not a freak."

The boy scoffed and his group snickered. He jerked his head towards his mates and they began to circle the two.

No escape.

"Say, you're new here aren't you? 'Course you are or you would've already been my gal by now."

Naraku snorted at which the stranger merely gave a warning glare. He turned to Kagome and grinned, offering her a hand.

"Name's Kouga. Me and my boys run most of the parts of Shikon High. We stick together like a pack of wolves. We stick together and protect our own. Us gang also know how to treat'em ladies, if you catch my drift." He held his hand closer. "Looks like you needa little savin' yourself young missy."

Kagome lifted a single eyebrow. She gave him a once-over and smirked right back. "You're joking right?"

Now it was Naraku and Kouga's raise their eyebrows. Inwardly, Naraku grinned at this new revelation of Kagome's more…playful side. Kouga on the other hand showed interest plain as day and whistled softly as he slowly looked her from head to toe. "A lovely figure and a feisty personality? Man, you are so mine girl."

A deep guttural sound emitted from Naraku as he quickly pushed Kagome behind him so he blocked her from the male's prying eyes. "I do believe that the lady doesn't wish to be yours."

Kouga looked at him incredulously. "You've gotta be kidding me. Are you denying me the girl?"

Naraku steeled his gaze and glared, placing on his usual stoic mask of utter hatred and ruthlessness. If Kagome could see his eyes, she would notice a similar gleam in his black eyes to the one she saw and trembled away from in Kouga's eyes at first; a deep, misunderstood, unstable hunger.

"Hai."

Kouga laughed harshly. "You? Some eccentric lame excuse for a goth is gonna try and stop me? You wish you little freak."

The black-haired teen narrowed his eyes. For a moment, if one looked closely, there was a quick flash of red before it disappeared.

"You don't know who you're dealing with kid. This 'little freak' has got more than you do."

"Wha? Who the hell are you anyways? I've never seen you in the junior year."

Naraku sneered. "That's because I'm a senior."

Kouga looked at him with wariness. "So? You're one year higher, big whoop-de-do. You're still outnumbered and even if not, you still can't land a single punch on me you twit."

"Wanna bet?"

Without a warning he pounced. The two landed punches on each other, socking the other's jaw. They maneuvered around each other with great experience and skill, but all of a sudden Naraku rammed Kouga into the wall on the other side of the hallway and pinned him down as he continuously knocked the breath out of him.

"Naraku, stop!"

He stiffened. Then slowly, he stood and walked a step back. Kouga's limp form crumpled to the floor, groaning in pain. He turned around.

In front of the two previously fighting members now stood a row of goths, glaring at Kouga's men as if daring them to come closer. Another circle of goths, though this group consisting of mainly females, stood protectively around Kagome, also on the watch for any sudden movements. Looking indifferently at the sudden appearance of his 'people', he gave a stiff nod to allow Kagome passage. The females stood aside as she ran straight into Naraku.

"Oh kami-sama! You scared the hell out of me Naraku!" she cried as she buried herself into his chest, pounding her small fists on his chiseled frame, not noticing her lack of suffix to his name. "You could have been hurt, good lord, you are hurt!" She looked worriedly at his bruised cheek, placing her palm tentatively on the surface. Naraku's eyes softened just a fraction so that only the closest could see, meaning Kagome being the nearest, and spoke in a soft, yet firm tone, "I'm fine."

"You're fine? You're fine?!" The fire in Kagome's eyes rekindled and her anger returned full force. "You were outnumbered! You could've gotten seriously injured instead! What would I do with you if that happened? You are so lucky these people came and stood up for you or you wouldn't have stood a chance!" She looked into his eyes, tears brimming over the edges.

"I don't want you hurt Naraku-kun. You're my friend. If you're hurt, I'm hurt."

His eyes widened at her generous words of care. Forgetting their audience, he grabbed her softly and murmured into her hair an apology of sorts. It didn't matter if his hard exterior seemed to have fallen. They will still respect him, he will see to that. It didn't matter that they were all looking at him with disbelief in their eyes at his acceptance of the female's tearful embrace. It didn't matter that her books they had come for was all strewn about. It didn't matter that a crowd was grouping and they should leave before they get caught. All that matter was that he had unknowingly hurt her while attempting to protect her, and that he must stop her tears. This is what he was looking for all his life. Someone who cared enough. Someone who gave without asking anything in return. Someone that he can talk to and heal with.

Someone like her.

A friend.

He needed a friend.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I liked this chapter, didn't you? Anyways, I know, long time since I updated. But I seriously have finals this and next week. After this, I promise to try and update as soon as possible for every fanfic I wrote. Seriously. But my main focus is on this piece, nan demo nai, and affettuoso al fine as of now. Those are all sess/kag. This fanfic is to be nar/kag obviously, but its gonna be a bit slower. See? Friends first. I'm also going to work on sclerotic if you read HP, d/h pairing and try to work on toki wo tsuiyaseru kara on, a CCS fanfic with e/s pairing. [Yes, I love alt. pairings] the rest I'll try to work on as well, for I understand sess/kag lovers are sort of demanding for at least two of my other fanfics. But yea, I'm going to try and finish the first three I listed first. Wish me luck!

And once again, hApPy nEW chiNesE yeAr!

[REVIEW]