InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Doll ❯ ...Are Better Off... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Paper Doll

Part 2: …Are Better Off…

He knew nothing. Images flashed in his head but he couldn't make any of it. They would just disappear as he tried to make out the images. Every time he asked what they were he would get no answer and the subject would change. His master said that they were nothing and were the reason for him to forget. He believed it because somehow when he thought of it he felt hurt. So he didn't bother about it again but the images kept coming back. He would always ask but get nothing in the end. He wondered…

Why was he receiving them?

"Arashi-sama?" Inuyasha spoke in even tones.

"Yes, Inu?" Arashi said speaking while looking over something. Inuyasha fidgeted as he somewhat struggled to find the right words to say without angering the other demon.

"I keep…I keep seeing things." He finally let out. This stopped Arashi from his current task. He was actually grateful the hanyou for interrupting him. The demon turned to face his latest 'doll'. This one he particularly liked the best. He didn't know if his powers could work on a hanyou. It could work for full demons and humans. It seemed like there were some power difficulties with this one. Arashi smiled, he loved a challenge.

"Come here Inu."

Inuyasha went towards him. He grasped Inuyasha's face and traced over the smooth cheek. He smiled at the almost blank eyes of the hanyou.

"Don't worry about those images. They're nothing but figments of your imagination."

Arashi leaned down and kissed Inuyasha while working his powers. As he gazed right back into those blank amber depths no light shined through.

In the shadows jealous eyes burned with anger at the scene.

--------------------------------------

Sesshoumaru wasn't one for being surprised, especially showing emotion in his emotionless face. He still didn't show any signs of it. But if you looked closer, his eyes reflected exactly what he was feeling right now.

Worry…

Anger…

He didn't know where the first one came from. Sesshoumaru was sure that he held no special feelings for his younger brother. Besides he could take care of himself. He glared at the group facing him and turned away to walk back to his castle. He didn't wish to deal with it. If Inuyasha wanted to go with someone else then he'd just let him go. It's not like he cared what happened to him.

Kagome was now pissed. She just asked very nicely and now Sesshoumaru just blew her off as if he didn't care. Well, unluckily for him, she spotted that faint look of worry flash through him. Now she probably knew what caused Inuyasha's silent and dead look yesterday before he was taken. They didn't know where to start so she thought of asking the elder brother. But some great help he is.

Not really caring if she'll get her head sliced off, she dashed after the retreating form of the demon lord and took hold of his arm stopping him in his tracks. He stopped and turned around to glare at her so she would let go. But she stood her ground.

"That isn't all. He left you a note," she stated, "He said that you didn't have to worry anymore and he'd be out of your way."

"Listen wretch, if you want to save him then go. He is not my concern." He coldly stated, and wretched his arm out of her grip. Kagome couldn't believe how stubborn the demon lord was. They only enlisted his help because even Miroku couldn't stop the demon with his wind tunnel. They needed Inuyasha to help fight off Naraku and get the jewel shards back. She would do anything to get her friend back.

--------------------------------------

Inuyasha just stared out the window as he sat on a chair next to it. His eyes stared through the vast clearing. His mind wondered many things. Unfortunately they all went unanswered. His master told him it's best to be ignorant. But somehow his mind was struggling to remember anything from what his life was like. The only thing he remembered was pain and hurt. But somehow, Inuyasha felt that it was important. He heard the door open so that meant his master was there. Arms wrapped around his neck from behind.

"Not having images lately?" his master said. Inuyasha shook his head once.

"No Arashi-sama," he responded.

"Good. Come to bed, Inuyasha. It's getting late."

Inuyasha stood up and walked over to the bed. He lied down and an arm snaked around his waist. He buried his face at the crook of his master's neck and soon drifted off to sleep hoping nightmares didn't follow him.

--------------------------------------

Sesshoumaru was in a bad mood. Apparently this situation isn't helping any. His little brother's wretch was bothering him a considerable amount of his time. And she had the nerve to ask Rin to ask him her question. Or at least let Rin do the talking for her. That's why he wondered how Rin knew all those words.

Now, since he promised, he had to go and get his half-brother back from this Arashi demon. He figured this demon to be a joke. From what description he got it was as if the demon wanted to be found because here he is standing right in front of the small castle. Though it was small it was pretty obvious that Arashi was respected among others.

He went and traveled through the vast interior. It seemed like anyone was welcome because passing through he was greeted with people strewn about doing various things. He just thought of them weird. Sesshoumaru stumbled as he bumped into someone. Of course today had just been his lucky day because the person he bumped into was the person he was begged to look for.

"I'm sorry," the person, no demon, said.

He looked down to see Inuyasha was the one he bumped into. Looking at his half-brother he noticed something different. Apparently he had the same air as the others did that were spread out on the fields. It was silent you could hear anything drop like a single rose petal. Everything seemed nonexistent as the further he walked. Thinking nothing of it he grabbed the hanyou's wrist and proceeded to drag him out.

Inuyasha was a little confused and didn't bother to escape. He didn't know what was going on so he just went with it. When he was out of the borders of the castle he was a little bit frightened. But somehow staring at his captor made him think of some things he wasn't used to thinking of within the walls of his home.

They traveled ways away from the castle. Sesshoumaru was surprised to be met with no resistance yet. Surely if this demon really wanted his bother wouldn't he be here to get him again? He thought no more of it and just continued walking and making sure that his half-brother was behind him. Inuyasha obediently followed.

--------------------------------------

Arashi looked out the window watching the pair walk out of his estate. He gave a small evil smile and sighed. His sigh turned to a small laugh.

"Well it looks like I have to take care of a few useless weeds for my beautiful flower."

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: Sorry I took so long writers block and I'm sorry it's so short and thank you people for your reviews and visits!

Like it? Review!