InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Flowers ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Flowers
An Inuyasha Fanfic
By Mcanangel

*~Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, nor the original story. This is just for my own personal fun~*

Chapter 2

In the darkness it called to her, like a whisper in her heart. Kagome opened her eyes to a world that was somehow different. Standing she called out to her husband, “Inuyasha?” When he didn’t respond she walked out of the hut, out along the path through the village. “That’s strange,” she muttered, “It’s like everyone has disappeared….What is going on, and what’s with the chilly air.” Heart racing she ran back to the hut, nothing. “Ok Kagome, calm down….” she took a deep breath and closed her eyes, allowing her inner chi to center. When she reopened her eyes she saw that the world she stood in was not her own, she was in a spirit world, so to speak.

“Priestess,” the voice called out, “Sacred priestess of time, your journey nears, you must come with me.”

“Who are you, what’s going on?”

“All will be explained, but, if you want to save your family and those you love, and everything in this time, it is imperative that you come with me. Come to the bone well”

Using the sacred power that she was born with Kagome listened to her heart, this voice, whoever it was, was not lying to her. Something in the world had been amiss for several days, and something in this message rang true to her. Kagome walked into the deserted hut, she knew, though, that in the land of the living Inuyasha was probably still asleep. “Inuyasha, if you can hear me, I love you. I love our family, and this life we’ve built. Its because I love this world that my spirit must journey for a while. I promise, that I will do everything to return.” The words, spoken aloud, helped to ease her heart, as she knew she may not be allowed to return, but, she had to try. With no regrets Kagome turned and headed to the bone well, the central point of her life, it seemed.

In a deep sleep Inuyasha saw her, standing in the darkness, his beloved Kagome, in her Miko outfit. There was something wrong, though, she seemed different, younger perhaps, as if he was looking at her soul and not her self. After her message of goodbye he was jarred awake. He looked over to see her, lying next to him, barely breathing. “K…Kagome?” he put his hand on her cheek. She was cold, as cold as death, but her heart was beating, faintly. “Kagome!” The sun began to rise to a new day.
---------------
Shippou rounded the final hill heading into his home. Now at 31, he was the image of a full grown fox demon, who, had just graduated from his final test. He was official a full demon, whose childish spinning top, and balloon tricks he had long since outgrown. Following behind him was a set of fraternal part demon twins. The youngest children of Kagome and Inuyasha were 19.

Touya, the eldest twin had short messily cropped silver hair, and deep amber eyes. While he didn’t inherit his father’s ears, he did get the temperament and a stronger sense of smell than his sister. He wore a dark grey and red hakama, laced with pieces of his father’s original fire rat hakama.

Kaori, the youngest twin, had long silver hair, pulled into a high messy bun, did inherit her father’s ears, and thus had better hearing than her older brother, both twins, however had equally sensitive sight. Kaori donned a blue and red hakama, and also had pieces of Inuyash’s fire rat material woven in. She had a tendency to be mischievous and sly, but lovable.

As soon as they strolled into the village, they new something was wrong. Running to the twins home, they ran inside to see Sango, Miroku, their children and Inuyasha gathered around a very pale Kagome. “MOM” they cried out in unison as they reached Kagome’s side. “What happened?” Kaori gasped.

“I’m unsure” Inuyasha growled, “I think her spirit has wondered away for some reason. She….she’s still alive, but barely.” As Kaori begin to shake Chi, her best friend, placed an arm around her shoulders. “We’ll find a way to fix this.”

“I’m not certain, of course, but I think this has to do with the amulet that was stolen from the bone well.” Miroku announced evenly. “What Amulet?” Shippou asked.

Looking up at the grown fox demon, Miroku continued, “Somewhere inside the bone well an amulet of a great Okami spirit was hidden. Long ago, when we were young, that mixed with the shikon no tamma allowed your mother to pass between two different worlds. After the battle, when the amulet judged her ready, it let her choose to stay in this time. Now we’ve filled the bone well, as we call it now, the water has become a famous symbol of our village and its tremendous healing properties. I think that it was the amulet. Kagome and myself have often wondered what purified the water, that’s why we have it surrounded by charms to hide it….but, yesterday a large demon, judging by the amount of miasma that had infected the water, stole the amulet.”

“Do you think this demon has Mom’s soul?” Touya demanded.
“I don’t think so, but we cant be certain.” Miroku answered.

Nobu stood and addressed everyone, “I have an idea. I think we should split up and search different things. Father, you, mother and Inuyasha should remain here, with Kagome. She may need you when she returns, or, you may need to protect her. She is, after all, a well renowned miko, and if demon’s find out that her body is without its soul, well, I think everyone knows what would happen. Shippou, I think that you should head to the northern shrine of Tsumotsu, where Kiki is heading. She needs to know what is happening here, even if it interrupts her purification journey. Myself and Touya should head to Southwest to see if Sesshomaru has heard of anything, and finally Ai, Chi and Kaori should follow, but not get to close to whatever demon has stolen the amulet. Learn what you can, anything could be useful. We would all meet back here in 7 days, to regroup and re-plan, based on the new knowledge.

Sango stood, “That’s absurd, we cannot just let you children run off on your own, none of you know true battle….”

Inuyasha reached up and pulled her sleeve. “The boy has a point, we should be here, and I cant protect Kagome alone. Our kids have grown up, and we’ve taught them everything we know, as hard as it is I think that we should follow Nobu’s plan”

“Well said Inuyasha, I agree”

Sango took a deep breath. “Alright, go, but everyone must be back in 7 days.” she gave each of her children a motherly hug, “Go, but please be careful.”
--------

For Shippou, running full pace, the journey north would only take two days. Those two days would give him time to decide how to tell Kiki about her mother. Kiki, or Kikyou, as her name really was, had graciously been named by her mother in honor of the legendary miko. The name was a blessing and a curse, so to most she preferred to be called Kiki. At 22, she was the eldest of the siblings. Level headed and calm, she seemed to be the one to inherit her mothers spiritual power, though no one could be certain the other two didn’t get some. Kiki took her livelihood as the bone priestess very seriously. It may seem ridiculous to some, a priestess that is part demon, but she was a force to be reckoned with, especially when angry. Her temperament was on par with her beauty. Shippou though that she was, perhaps, the most beautiful creature to ever walk the earth. Her dark hair only served to offset her light golden eyes. Her ears, while not like her father’s, were not exactly like her mother’s either. They were much like human ears, except pointed. She, unlike her siblings, wore a traditional Miko garb, white and red.

As he ran, he felt his heart start to race at the mere thought of her, of her lean body and full breasts and curving hips. She was perfect inside and out, she was the only one he’d ever loved. And somehow, she loved him in return. It broke his heart that he was running to her to tell her of her mother.

-------
Meditating in the cold water, a shiver ran along Kiki’s spine. “Something is wrong” she said aloud, answered only by the early morning songbirds.