InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Parting ❯ Uneasy thoughts ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:// The world of Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi, not me. I just like to borrow the characters from time to time and bend them to my will =)
 
 
 
It was just another ordinary day in Feudal Japan. Kagome had just climbed out of the well from the present time and now all of her companions were enjoying their lunch of ninja food. At least, almost all of them were.
 
Kagome looked up from her plastic bowl of noodles. “Where's Inuyasha?” she asked curiously after noticing she hadn't seen the familiar shock of silver and red. She hadn't heard him complain about the food either.
 
Shippou slurped down his food and snorted disapprovingly. “He's sulking. Over there.” The young fox demon pointed to a nearby tree.
 
The girl raised an eyebrow. “What's he sulking about?” After getting nothing but shrugs from her companions, she let out a sigh and grabbed the cup of noodles she had brought for him, lifting herself up and walking cautiously over in the direction Shippou had pointed to. After a few steps she could see the half demon, sitting cross legged and staring up at the sky, his hair blowing slightly in the wind.
 
“Hey, Inuyasha?” she asked tentatively once she was next to him, offering him the food. “You hungry?”
 
“Hmm?” He looked at her as if he had just broken out of a trance. His gaze drifted to her hand. “Uh, sure.” He took her offering but didn't eat it; merely held it near his lap and started to stare at it instead as though transfixed.
 
Kagome settled herself next to him. “What is the matter with you?” She gave him a sharp jab in the shoulder to wake him up.
 
He turned to fix her with a glare for a few moments, but then his gaze softened and he let out a long sigh. “I dunno. I feel like… there's something bad coming, you know? Like something horrible is about to happen.”
 
She blinked at him a few times, surprised that he had actually revealed his thoughts to her and also baffled by another fact. “So, you're telling me that you can even predict the future too?”
 
He snorted in response. “No, idiot. Don't you ever just get a feeling? We should just… be more careful from now on.”
 
Kagome put a finger to her chin as she thought over his words, deciding to let the idiot comment go. “I guess I know what you mean… but Inuyasha, we've dealt with so many dangers before. Sometimes things seemed bad, but we always pulled through.”
 
Inuyasha snorted again. “Yeah, that's just because I covered all of your asses. You should just consider yourself lucky that I travel with you… especially now that I've learned my Adamant Barrage. Maybe you're right… maybe we will be okay.”
 
She smiled in response and, without thinking, reached out to touch his hand. “I do feel lucky,” she said quietly. After just a few seconds, she came to her senses and withdrew her hand quickly and blushed. Inuyasha gave her an angry look and said, “You gonna keep groping me, or you gonna let me eat?!” He turned away sharply and set to work on his noodles, making loud slurping sounds.
 
“No need to thank me for the food,” Kagome snapped in return, rising to her feet. At least he's back to normal, she thought, beginning to head back to the main group. Her gaze lifted to the sky subconsciously and she found herself staring at a cloud, her thoughts beginning to drift. What was Inuyasha worried about? Maybe he does have sort of a sixth sense; being half-demon and all… should all of us be worried?
 
Author's notes
 
Yes, I do realize this is a bit of a weak chapter… but it does have a mighty bit of foreshadowing in it! Thanks for reading, and reviews are very much adored. This will not turn out like `Breaching the Gap'; I actually know where this story is going, so please keep on reading!