InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces of The Sun ❯ Image ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Image
They said she was her.Her. And her.
They said that they were just like each other, brave, powerful, strong and pure.
And the one they loved, he was the same too.
The burning wind, the meddlesome brook, the foolish rain, they always troubled the woman who was Kikyou, but not- Kikyou.
She looked at all the people, kowtowing before her. Fear. Respect. Happiness. Emotions that only Kikyou could induce.
She was not Kikyou; she could never be like her. Kikyou was the loved one, the one waited for, for fifty years. And she would be the one waiting, forever.
Like a mirror reflects light, reflects your image back, they were one, the same. But the mirror reverses sides.
The mirror of life had changed, cold, worthy Kikyou into a warm, happy Kagome.
Kikyou was gone, and Kagome was there, always. She would be there, for everyone.
“You are just like her.”, the evil one says. The line between her and her is blurring.
There is no Kikyou. And yet there's no Kagome, too. Only a shadow of her remains.
She silently waits, hoping that Kikyou will be gone, erased from everyone's elephantine memory.
The old village woman enquires, “Tea, Kikyou-sama?” Kagome bursts into tears.
Even if an image, she is Kikyou, after all.