InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces of The Sun ❯ Morning, Noon and Night ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Morning
One, two, three….” she counts as she runs the comb through her hair. He watches her. He knows she hates tangles in her hair.
Five, six, seven….”
But he loves the tangles in her hair. He likes running his claws through them in their moments of passion. He knew someone else who would count while brushing her hair too.
Noon
She sighs as she picks up the last remaining bottle of shampoo. Her store was running out even though she had scrimped her use of it. She blanched when she smelled her sweaty hair.
But he liked that smell. It reminded him of how strong she was, defending their village against demons. But another woman's picture came to mind and a teardrop fell from his eye.
Night
She applies jasmine oil to her hair to keep out the tangles. He smiles as he watches her, putting it ever so carefully. He is happy that after years of grieving and strife, there is some much-needed peace and happiness.
She sees him looking. She smiles. Just like the one he loved long ago.
“What's the matter, husband?”
He lays a gentle kiss on her brow. “You remind me about her.”
“There are some people you can never forget, especially those close to your heart.”
He holds her tightly in his arms. “Indeed, Sango, my love.”