InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces of The Sun ❯ Remnants ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Remnants
Cook. Clean. Wash. Care. For a man you don't love.
Bear children. Raise them. Love them. In a life you don't want to lead.
She's the wife of the village headman, the most respected woman in the village. Leads a mundane life.
He says, “Tomorrow a samurai lord will be passing through the village.”
She smiles. Promises to lay out a delectable spread. Inside, she seethes. She hates life. Longs for excitement. But she is bound.
Dusk falls. She cleans before she sleeps. Outside, a large bone weapon falls into her sight. To be used gracefully in the battlefield. A boomerang, a carrier of death. Powerful. Deadly.
Memories of a loving brother. Lost to a vile demon. Of friends, who died too. A pet, her protector. A monk, a part of her soul. She still misses his gropes. Memories of a young woman's resolve.
She was born a woman, lived a taijiya and would die a woman, chained to domestic shackles.
Silently, she wields it once again. It cuts through the air with perfect precision.
A voice calls, asking for help. “Coming, dear.” She goes.
The weapon lies still, covered in dust. The only remnant of her past.