InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ PS: With Love ❯ Soft ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ch. 3 Soft

Birds chirped in a songful beat, and the sun shined to a brand new day. Kagome finally opened her eyes, then shut them again. 'The sun.. feels so good on my skin.' she said to herself, she opened her eyes again, and saw his face over hers.. She screamed. Her voice echoeing all around her. She raised herself up, and stared at him. Before she say a word to him, she felt the sand in her hands, overlapping her fingers. The ocean blue, was bringing in waves, constantly, never slowing down. She looked back at him, as she opened her mouth to say a word, she looked into his eyes again. They were concerned. They looked so sympathetic, that it made Kagome feel uneasy. "Wh-Where are we?" Kagome broke out. Startled by the broken silence, he turned away. "How am I supposed to know?" His voice wasn't as harsh as it had been before. Then she remembered everything.
The plane crash, the noises, almost dying. "Where is everyone? Anyone else here? How'd we get here?" Kagome's stomach felt queasy.

'Why aren't I panicing right now? Why.. am I so calm?' she thought.
"Only me, and you are here. No one else made it, but us." he paused. "We floated here, don't you remember? On one of your luggages."

Kagome didn't know what to say. She had so many questions, but she couldn't get them out straight. "Why..." She fell back into the sand. The white haired boy, turned abruptly at her. "Are you okay? Take it easy!" He was quickly at her side. Kagome then noticed she had an aching in the side of her head.

"Why... What's wrong with me?" she started."Your hurt okay. Your left cheek got cut pretty bad by the bursting window, and you bruised your head bad too. ... I.. I thought you might've got a concussion."
His voice cut off sharply.

"That's why, you didn't want me to close my eyes..?" Kagome asked. She felt her face, and head, and felt bandages there. That's what must've been in the red bag. A First aid kit.

"I think I want to rest now.." Kagome closed her eyes. She was already starting to doze off. The boy placed his hand lightly over her hand. "I'm glad you didn't die." he whispered.

"You too.." Kagome whispered back, before falling asleep.

-----

Kagome woke up late. She opened her eyes, feeling better then she had earlier. She saw that there was a fire going, and fish roasting. Kagome crawled over to the open fire. The boy looked up from his peaceful position. "Finally." he said annoyed. Kagome blinked. What was his problem? He had been all nice before. She looked at the fish and reached for one.

"Hey!" the boy grabbed them. "That's mine!"

"What? What'm I supposed to eat!?" she said irratated. She thought he was joking. He pointed to some leaves, that had fallen on the ground. "If your quick enough you can wash those, and fry them." he gobbled all three fish up, and Kagome just stared at him, not believing her eyes. He lay down, and propped his hand up; resting his head in it. He yawned. "Night." Soon he was snoring. Kagome sat in her upright pose. She didn't even know what to say. He had to be joking, right? Kagome forced herself up. It was kind of weird walking, but she managed. Even though she was starved, she walked down to the beach, and sat there. The ocean tickled her feet.

'What am I doing here?' She thought. 'I'm supposed to be dead. I'm probally gonna die here, with a selfish idiot, who only cares about himself.' She played softly with the sand, letting it run between her fingers.
"I miss everyone, Mom, Grampa, Souta.., even you Hojo.." She slumped her head in her knees. "I'm not going to die here. I'm gonna see you guys again. I promise." She looked back, and saw the stupid pretty-boy sleeping away. Kagome layed on her side awkwardly, and fell asleep by the ocean.