InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ PS: With Love ❯ Something to say. ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 10. Something to Say.


Kagome woke up. She was still in pain, her leg especially hurted. It felt like lead to open her eyes. Heavy heavy lead. She was in the hut again. He sure built it quickly, she had thought. Her body felt heavy. She managed to bring her upper body up, and saw, she was covered in a blanket. As she brang her arms up, and touched it, she realised it was the wild pig skin. Inuyasha must've skinned it. Kagome just stared at it. She felt so appathetic for the animal. How could she feel sad, that it was dead, because it had tried to kill her? She removed it, and looked at her legs. They were bandaged up. So were her elbows and hands. This reminded her of the first day she arrived here. She woke up to see herself bandaged. She remembered the feeling of being so scared. She saw her blue dress beside her, so what was she wearing? A long shirt, her burgendy one and a flowy skirt. Did he change her? What did he do when he looked at her? The thought never really came to Kagome before. What did he think of her? Did he stare at her? What did he think? But.. what did it matter? Why did she care so much all of a sudden? She strained herself as she reached for the pig blanket. It made her feel so awkward as to think that this animal was living and biting at her. The thoughts of running, of thinking she'd be killed, scared her. What if Inuyasha hadn't been there? What if he was somewhere else, what if he just watched and let her die? Why did he choose to save her? She was still wondering these questions, when Inuyasha came in with a hot bowl. Kagome didn't say anything. Too scared too. Like where did he get that bowl? This was the first time she feared him."Eat." he said to her; handing her the bowl. He knelt down beside her, watching. It had some kind of stew in it, and an unsatisfying smell. She was afraid to ask what kind it was, what was it. There was no spoon, and at first she didnt know how to eat it. Without thinking, she downed it. All of it. She gave the bowl to Inuyasha without a word. He took it, then looked down, his bangs falling over his eyes, naturally. He just sat there, beside her. He just sat there. It was eery to Kagome, but she didn't have time to think of stuff like that.

Just as Kagome opened her mouth to say something, he spoke.
"What--," he started. "What happened back there?" He moved himself, so now his back was facing Kagome's legs, and his direction was moved to the door on the left of Kagome. Kagome didn't know what to say. What would she say?

"It-" Kagome choked. "It just attacked me... Why do you care?"

"Well, where were you?" Inuyasha didn't seem to have any sympathy in his voice. He sounded cold, avoiding the last part of Kagome's question."I.. I was just in the garden." Kagome lied. She didn't know why she did, but she didn't want to tell Inuyasha she had found a cave. Inuyasha was silent.

"You could've got yourself killed." he looked at her now. Kagome just pulled the cover up to her nose. "You killed it." she said.

"So." Kagome didn't say anything at first. She just closed her eyes, too weak to have them open anymore. She heard the russle of him, moving closer to her.
"Are you alrite?" he asked."Yeah."

Inuyasha hesitated to ask, but then he took the plunge.
"How is your head feeling?"Kagome opened her eyes, and looked at him. "Why?" she asked. She didn't notice, but it had this hot, dizzy feeling.
"I was just wondering." "What does it matter?" Kagome persisted."JUST TELL ME." He yelled at her."It's fine." she closed her eyes, and fell asleep.


--

Kagome woke up to a dream in the middle of the night.

She was crying. Why? She didn't know. She looked up from her head in her knees, and saw Inuyasha. Thinking he would laugh, she got up and ran. She could hear his voice behind her, calling. She fell, and tripped, and it felt real as the pain in her knees flowed through her leg. Inuyasha picked her up, and kissed her on the lips.
"Just stop it, okay Kagome?"
"It hurts.. so much." Kagome wasn't talking about the bruises on her knees. She was talking about something, but she couldn't recall. The loss of others? The way she felt inside?
"Everything's going to be fine." He held her tightly in his arms, and she kissed him.


The night was so pretty. It was refreshingly cool. The moon was a half moon today, and it was huge, and bright. The wood burnt so crisply as to produce a big flame. Kagome crawled out of bed, dragging the blanket behind her. She crawled out further to the beach. There Inuyasha was, just looking into the deep sea again. He looked back at her, startled. "What the hell are you doing out of bed? Go back to sleep." he ordered. Kagome thought he sounded like a father. She felt to tired to even bother to tell him. Inuyasha looked back at the ocean, and then, fell back into the sand. His hands spread out. Kagome came up beside him, and lay her head on his arm. Inuyasha looked at her. "What the hell are you doing?" Kagome took the blanket, and threw it over both they're bodies, even though it was definatly not big enough for the two of them. Kagome brought herself up so she could hear his breathing. She brought her hand up, and put it on his chest. She could feel his heart.
Inuyasha just seemed to let it happen, even though, inside his heart raced. He had goosebumps on his white skin.

"Thank you." Kagome whispered into his ear. "For telling me, everything would be fine."Kagome without even thinking, kissed him on his lips, as he turned to look at her face, and ask what she was talking about. She closed her eyes, and could hear him telling her to wake up.