InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ PS: With Love ❯ Attraction ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 12. Attraction



Kagome sat clueless that night, shivering. Inuyasha never did come back. And the fire had burnt out, give or take a few hours. She sat with her beach towel that was in her bag wrapped up, with two long sleeves shirts. She was mad at herself for only bringing tee-shirts and tanks. She had found chapstick in her bag, which she had applied liberally. Kagome covered her face. She hadn't once stopped thinking today. Inuyasha was hurt. He was so tough, and such a show-off, so why this sad outburst now? Kagome stretched out her legs, and winced as they still hurt from the days before. Who was this guy anyways. He was so different from all the guys she had met before. Inuyasha didn't try to carry her off her feet. He did the opposite. He tried to push her off her feet.

'Maybe that's why I'm attracted to him.' Kagome thought. Then she shivered in disbelief. 'I'm going insane here. I hate Inuyasha.'

"Well, how'm I gonna put this to him?" Kagome said outloud. "How'm I gonna say sorry?"

"Well, I preferr the old fashioned way, ya know?" Came the soft voice outside. Kagome, not even startled crawled outside, and saw sitting by the worn-down fire pit, the sillhoutte of a lovely man; Inuyasha. She got up, and with the unbareable pain, lunged at him. He fell over, they both fell over. They began rolling downward.. trying uncomfortably not to hurt eachother, but stopped. Kagome was on top of Inuyasha. And her hair was a mess, as she raised her head up, and her hair falling over the sides. Inuyasha opened one eye, then the other, and just kinda stared. The girl could feel Inuyasha's heart beat go up, increasing slowly. Was he nervouse? "I'm sorry." She whispered. He didn't say anything, but she knew she was forgiven. The way Inuyasha looked in the moonlight, looked georgeous. She lowered her head down a little bit, so she could feel Inuyasha's hair-rasing breath on her skin, her lips slightly touching his. Kagome felt a firm hand on her backside. She gasped inside, realising what she was doing and stopped. She let herself roll off him, and he grunted slightly, from the weight being pushed off. The moment felt like a dream. Her temptations, her ''sudden'' feeling of wanted him didn't disisapte.
"Tell me about her," Kagome blurted out. Inuyasha kind of just looked at her, then looked back, at the moon that was gazing back down at them.
She closed her eyes. "You told me about her before." Inuyasha didn't deny it, but he sighed a deep sigh. "You know, you remind me of her, kinda. Kikyou."
Kagome kind of lay still.

"How?"

"You just look like her, no big deal really." Kagome didn't press on. It just stopped there. Their silences both felt comfortable, as no one said anything, staring up at the moon. Kagome felt herself grow tired. Knowing completely of her actions, she turned inward facing Inuyasha, and snuggled down to him. She soon felt his arm hairs stick up on end, as he got goosebumps.

"Me and Kikyou always planned to do something like this. Just lye on the beach at night. . . I always thought it was stupid, but she wanted to." Inuyasha said, eyes closed.

"Hojo always loved doing things at night. Star gazing and such." Kagome yawned. She felt Inuyasha's arm over her. She was stunned. Kind of ..relieved? She started breatheing really slow. Inuyasha's arm, lifted from her body for a moment, but was back at her side. Kagome breathed her normal pace. Inuyasha had his eyes closed staring at the moon, Kagome lay next to him looking up at him.



"I hope.." Kagome said with her eyes closed. The cool sand on her face. "..you'll carry me back."